Old 02-04-2015, 10:51 AM   #1  

Default considering medifast

Hi
I am thinking of joining medifast or ideal protein diet. I liked the idea of medifast as it seemed a bit more flexible/liveable but also seems to show great results. my only worry is there is no medifast center in my area. therefore i would be on my own or woudl have a coach. i worry about the accountablity not being there with no center around?? We have many ideal protein clinics around but I do like the medifast plan better any ideas??? thanks!
nickysmom1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 01:25 PM   #2  

You can do it yourself! No need for a diet center. They charge about 3 x's more and really are not that helpful. Just order online! You can do it. I have a coach, but find she's really not that helpful. I think it just depends how motivated you are. Watch all the videos on YouTube! There are great coaches and lots of helpful hints. Plus, you found us here and we are ready to cheer you on.

I've been on for a little over 2 weeks, and have lost 15# with no exercising yet. You can do it! It is well worth spending the money on the food. Just follow the plan.
CruiseChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 08:21 PM   #3  

I am not a member of medifast, I get all of my medifast food (for much cheaper!) through Amazon seller Pro Health Fast. Food is all medifast, legit, they ship fast.
sarahewhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 03:35 PM   #4  

I am using MF because it is so easy to do, and I don't get hungry--so far. I will let you know how this week goes. I am glad there is a thread for this. Thanks!
Elstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 03:36 PM   #5  

Actually that tracker is outdated.
Elstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 01:20 PM   #6  

I'll try to look up the vendor on Amazon and see what I can find. Thanks for the info.
Old 03-23-2015, 03:25 PM   #7  

It was my intention to join other family members in following Ideal Protein, but the one active clinic where I live doesn't appear to be all that active. It isn't keeping the kind of hours that would work for me plus charges for the mandatory weekly weigh-ins in addition to charging a bit more for food and, so, signing on gave me pause. I do understand up-charging is about doing what makes it work for the Ideal Protein provider and i'm ok with that, but the hours are so restrictive and only one coach ... what if I don't like her?

So, after a considerable amount of research, I landed on Medifast, ordered and the food should be arriving sometime mid-week.

To me, one program isn't much different from the other as it is really my choice to maintain as restrictive as a diet as I want. It would have been nice to do the same program my family members in Texas and Louisiana are doing, but obviously not in the cards.

With all that said, I do have a question. I would like to continue to using the My Fitness Pro app and wanted to log in percentage of carbs to protein to fats goals. I can't seem to find what that is for Medifast ... does anyone know?

Last edited by Ambered; 03-23-2015 at 03:27 PM.
Ambered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 02:48 PM   #8  

When your shipment of food arrives, the percentages are listed on each package. Let me know which foods you ordered and what you like and what you don't like. It was a bit difficult at first to get used to the foods but after a few days, you become acclimated to the taste. Plus, I got on youtube and watched videos about medifast recipes and recommendations. That helped me quite a bit. Let me know if there are any other things you want to know that I can be of assistance to you with.
Old 03-27-2015, 04:29 PM   #9  

Thank you, CruiseChick, assuming addressing me.

I sent an email to MF and a dietitian responded by the next morning. She said the goal is 40% protein, 40% carbs and 20% fat, which I programmed into My Fitness Pro app, which, btw, isn't achievable until factoring in the one real food meal.

At this point, I'm extremely impressed by Medifast. The welcome package is well thought out and wasn't done on the cheap ... I like that.
Ambered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 02:45 PM   #10  

Ambered,

I'm glad you heard back from Medifast with the answer you were looking for. Hope that helps. Keep posting so we can see how it's going for you, okay?

Thanks!