Old 05-12-2015, 10:57 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 150/see ticker/130?

Height: 5'6ish

Default Anyone not lose much their first week?

Hey all!

A little background: I'm 33 year old female. Just had my second baby on 12/20/14 (4.5 months old now) and my milk supply for breastfeeding was already starting to dry up so I decided now was the time for me to start losing weight and getting back to "me."

I started Medifast on May 1st and weighed myself in the am of May 2nd and was 164.4.
The reason for the late WI is that work nights as an RN so I officially started May 1st at midnight (while at work) and when I got home I was exhausted and went straight to bed.

Anyways, today is day 12 of medifast and this am I weighed in at 161.4lbs.
While I'm happy the scale is down I am disappointed in the amount (3lbs) because as a person with dieting experience I know you generally lose more the first few weeks (water weight).

Is it hormones left over from pregnancy/breastfeeding? My milk is completely gone now...has been since day 5 of medifast.

Please help or tell me I'm not the only one this has happened to.
The only cheat I do is 4 Tbsp of sugar free creamer in my daily cup of jo with my coaches OK. In fact she tells me to eat extra medifast meals if I'm at the point of starving like I was the first week which I haven't done.
ginnym1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 12:09 PM   #2  

hi Ginnym,
Let me first say congratulations. Even though its 3lbs it is a start. I can only give you my opinion as I am 2 months into MF and am down 25lbs.
Without knowing all your details ask yourself. Am I 100% on program? Am I weighing my Lean and green meals? If you happen to eat something that is not on plan your results will not be as effective.
One of the biggest things is WATER! I drink between 80 to 118oz of water a day. Since I work where bottled water is plenty I tell myself to drink 5 of them a day.
Do not be discouraged. by Medifast standards (Typical weight loss is 2-5lbs first 2 weeks and 1-2lbs each week thereafter)
if you are on FB look up Do You Medifast page. Great people and they are more active than on here.
Richy37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 12:42 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 172/156/130

Height: 5'3"

Default Don't get discouraged

Hi Ginny,

I am a 49 year old woman. I have been on Medifast for almost three months and I am down 15 pounds. I have went off plan several times and that has killed about 4 weeks of my weight loss capabilities. If you do not stay EXACTLY on plan you will not see the results that you would expect. However, you are also a new mother and some of your loss may be slower because you body wants to hold onto as much as it can to feed that baby. Most likely your body will fight against ketosis harder until your milk dries up and your eating routines return to normal.

Give it some time. I would not worry too much about it until after about 6-8 months after giving birth. Just a personal opinion based on my own experience over the years with having babies and losing the weight. I never even saw a large amount lost until my hormones returned to normal; though breastfeeding seemed to help my body shape alot.

Diet is everything. keep that in mind and keep up the good work! You are doing something correct if you saw any loss at all. Sleep and rest is also important and water IS HUGE IMPORTANT! You should be drinking at least 1/2 of your weight in ounces of water daily to get your body to enter ketosis faster and to also clean your liver function so it can help you out easily in processing the fats.
ike7101 is offline   Reply With Quote