Old 11-28-2014, 10:03 AM   #1  

Red face First day on medifast

This seems to be the most legit forum for Medifast users, so I decided to sign up. I hope people are still frequenting it.
I've been heavy my whole life, and shamed about it by family members as a kid. When I get those comments from people, it upsets me. So enough is enough. For a year now I've been making small changes to my diet (drinking only water, avoiding processed foods, juicing), but it wasn't cutting it. Then I read about Medifast and the ketosis state. Makes sense to me! And there is a Medifast clinic right across the street from my apartment! Coincidence?
So I started today and my first meal was the oatmeal.. not very good. But I am hopeful and very serious about this opportunity.
Just wanted to establish a support forum.
Here goes nothin'!
krakrjakr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 02:49 PM   #2  

Question

Anyone else here new to Medifast?
krakrjakr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 06:33 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 274/274/170

Height: 5'8"

How is the MF going and how are you doing?

It's my 2nd day on TSFL/MF...I did it last year, but went off, which was the biggest mistake in my life!!
tk421beth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 11:55 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 232/197/145

Height: 5'4"

I'm hanging strong. How is everyone?
FatAbbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 11:07 AM   #5  
Overweight again...dang

S/C/G: 213/160.3/135

Height: 5'5"

Welcome! I'm really happy with Medifast! I've been on it since July. I've lost 20 pounds, which is probably not spectacular and I could have lost more without some set backs... Like the holidays, and a couple of really big races where I intentionally went off-plan. I'm currently off plan and carb loading for a half marathon, so it's a good time to take inventory and plan for my next order.

As of next week, I'll be back at, it balls to the wall.

I struggled for over a year with my weight. Since I'm a daily weigher, I have a great history of where I have been. I was listening to the trainers at my gym and Team Weight Loss tell me to eat more and eat this and eat that, and a year later I was 25 pounds heavier (not muscle) with no explanation as to why (such as hormones, or other issues). It certainly wasn't my diet.

I heard medifast ads all the time but didn't look in to it. When my son's girlfriend's parents went on it and talked about it, I decided to try. Imagine my excitement when the weight finally started to fall off!

I have 25 pounds left to go!
twinieten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 05:13 PM   #6  

I just started this past week. Weight is actually dropping off! 6# gone in 5 days! Some of the food is gross but I've been watching youtube entries to get some recipe ideas. One of the best tips is to soak your dehydrated packets in the water for 3 hours to 24 hours before cooking. I made the cream of chicken soup that way today... it was soaking since last night, and that helped a lot!

Glad we have others to share with on this board.

Happy Losing!
CruiseChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 07:23 PM   #7  

I lost 100lbs in 2010 on MF gained most of it back because I did not transition so I have been back on since October I took the month of December off for holidays and a cruise feeling good and losing again.
jacque122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 05:35 PM   #8  

How long does it take to "Transition"? Do you have to stay on MediFast the rest of your life? I am in the TSFL and I guess I should start thinking I might have to buy some of these products for the rest of my life. I'm just tired of that scale not continuing to go down, down, down. It's one thing to lose this weight... which I've done hundreds of times, but I haven't been committed to keep it off and make dieting a lifetime thing. This time it has to be different! I need to follow each phase this time, to a T. I'll be on this board a LONG time!
Old 03-29-2015, 08:18 AM   #9  

Keep strong, it works. I lost 67 lbs. Just make sure you read how to transition.
jeboots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 02:13 PM   #10  

I just (re)started MF myself. I know it works!
dietcherrycoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 02:41 PM   #11  

I have heard that if you don't do the transition stage properly, you will gain back your weight. Has anyone experienced that? How many weeks it the transition stage? What do you do for maintenance the rest of your life? Just curious to see how many have kept it off for years......
Old 03-31-2015, 03:04 PM   #12  

I'm hoping to find a more active board of Medifaster's! Is there some on here?
sab7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 04:17 PM   #13  

Hi krakrjakr,
I am on day 2 of medifast and this is my 2nd go around. I stopped after losing 20lbs and gained it and then some back. Im tired of being this heavy at 270 and have seen 1st hand how this diet really works.
I am determined to be stronger this time as I have eliminated all beverages that is not water!
Richy37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 08:01 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/168

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruiseChick View Post
I have heard that if you don't do the transition stage properly, you will gain back your weight. Has anyone experienced that? How many weeks it the transition stage? What do you do for maintenance the rest of your life? Just curious to see how many have kept it off for years......
Yep, I did not transition properly and gained back everything I lost. There was a time when MF shortened the Transition period recommendations because people were complaining about how long it took, but if I had to do it over again I would Transition *very* slowly and carefully. Take a few weeks for each step. Listen to your body. And if I had to do it over, I would have *never* added back grains. That was a major mistake for me.
Lyn2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 03:06 PM   #15  

Thanks for the reply about how important the "transition" is. Once I finally reach goal, I am going to be VERY careful about following the necessary steps to maintain.

I've been a yo-yo most of my life and it is stopping here!