Old 11-04-2014, 04:00 PM   #1  
Medifast Dieter

S/C/G: 237/.../169

Height: 5'1"

Default Newbie

Hi everyone!!! I have been checking out this site for years, but finally joined today. I'm currently using the Medifast Program and LOVE it!!!
ginamay28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 10:26 PM   #2  

S/C/G: [url=https://www.TickerFactory

Height: 5'3

Red face TSFL here

I am 2 1/2 weeks in and at my 2 week weigh in I was down 14 pounds. I love Medifast and it is working for me but that doesn't mean that everyday isn't super mentally hard. So far I survived Halloween, my oldest Grandsons Birthday and a baby shower. Every event seems about food. I have 60 pounds to go and would love support........anyone out there?
Kayegurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 08:39 AM   #3  
Medifast Dieter

I don't think there is many of us Medifasters on this site Congrats on your 14 pound loss. That is really great. I would be glad to offer you some support!!! Glad you're here!!!
Old 11-07-2014, 08:34 PM   #4  

I have been watching to see if the activity picked up since the change on the medifast site. I started back 10/6 I am down 14 pounds. I lost 100 pounds in 2010 and have gained all but 20 back.
jacque122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 10:02 AM   #5  
Medifast Dieter

Oh no - I am in a similar situation. I lost 50 back in 2012/2013 and gained it all back. I didn't do the transition, but this time I plan to transition correctly. Hopefully they will fix the other site, or maybe things will pick up here.
Old 11-15-2014, 01:25 PM   #6  

I check in here on weekends. I feel like I am not losing at all this time around. I did not do the transition plan either, but I will this time!
Old 11-17-2014, 02:49 PM   #7  
Medifast Dieter

I'm loosing a little slower this time, but I was 100% OP last time - weighed everything. This time not so much. But I'm still loosing and able to stay on plan most of the time. Good Luck!!!
Old 01-26-2015, 01:29 PM   #8  

I started on 1/23/15 so I'm trying out my box of foods. Some good, some not so good. Plus I've been watching a lot of youtube to find tips on preparing these foods. The great one that has benefited me greatly already is the one that you should soak any of the dehydrated ones in their water at least three hours to overnight and prepare the next day. Made a BIG difference.

I haven't tried any of the shakes in my box yet, but I plan to later this week. Every morning I have the Cappuccino... I take two cups of coffee and put it in my VITAMIX and then add the packet. AMAZING! I only ordered one box of that but will get much more for the next order. I can do this for breakfast EVERY DAY!!!

I'm not exercising much because I just had surgery 10 days ago. That will have to wait until I am healed and fully back on my feet. I'm not sure how long that will take.

Yes, I've snuck a peek at the scale and I'm down 6 lb. already! Hope this keeps up. Maybe I'll hit 10 by the one week mark. So far, so good.

Have a good day!

CruiseChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 07:29 PM   #9  

I weigh daily and track with my fitness pal soak your foods and adjust the water to the thickness you like I also add bullion cubes to my soup
Old 02-01-2015, 05:29 PM   #10  

Sounds good adding some bouillon.

I cannot seem to find the right things to add to any of the "soft bakes" to make them edible. I added cocoa powder, vanilla.... Do you have any suggestions? I just can't find anything to make it taste good.

Thanks for your help!

Last edited by CruiseChick; 02-01-2015 at 05:29 PM.
Old 05-15-2015, 01:18 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 172/156/130

Height: 5'3"

Hello all! How is your weight loss going? I have been reading the forums for a few months now and keeping motivated and decided that I would join and post. I have been on Medifast about 3 months now. I have been off plan a couple of times and have lost about 3-4 weeks of weight loss capability because of it. But when I am on plan I have lost a total of 15 pounds so far and it is super easy.

I love the cappucino drinks in the morning as well for breakfast. I hate the eggs, macaroni and cheese and I hate the oatmeal. Maybe somebody can give some good ideas on how to fix them! I have several boxes of them!

The rest of the food is tolerable and I have had no problems other than itching like crazy without a rash which I believe is due to the soy. I have just been pushing through anyway.

I drink 1/2 of my body weight in ounces of water a day at a minimum. I don't put anything in it. At home I have substituted my red wine with sparkling mineral water. LOL I do love wine but it pulls me out of ketosis so no wine for me! The mineral water helps alot because it is fizzy and fools me into thinking that I am having a special drink instead of just water. hahaha

Good luck to all of you out there. Also....funny and off the wall question, how do you get those cute scales (the ones with the pictures) on the bottom of your posts that show your progress?
ike7101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 05:27 PM   #12  

Congratulations to you for sticking with it and not giving up. Part of life is messing up & going off plan, but the good news is: you didn't quit! And... the benefit.... you've lost 32# which you otherwise would not have lost. Good for you! I bet you feel better. Now, upward & onward toward getting to your goal this year & transitioning & doing maintenance to keep it off. We just CANNOT go back to our old eating habits or we'll be back to our highest weight.

Keep in touch & let me know how it's going!

Old 06-11-2015, 11:57 AM   #13  

Default Newbie here too

Just started on Sunday. I met up with a former neighbor who moved back to town and she looks amazing. She lost 90 pounds, and she told me about the program, and I hooked up with her coach right away. Her daughter started about the same time and lost 100 pounds. Both of them did it a while ago and are really doing a good job maintaining.

I'm not tall (5'3") so losing 40 pounds would be spectacular for me. So far I'm not finding it particularly hard, but some of it just makes no sense to me. There are a fair number of carbs in the foods (which I'm glad about because of the additional fiber) but I really don't get why the sugar free gum, and calorie/carb/fat free foods are so limited.

The macaroni and cheese - does anyone else find it too watery? So far I think that's the most disappointing food. Also didn't love the garlic mashed potatoes - I'll exchange one of the boxes for sour cream mashed potatoes. any opinions about that?

I got some of the Walden Farms dressings, but almost all of them have a sort of metallic chemically taste I don't like.

I'm happy to have found this group. I look forward to hearing what others are doing to make this happen.
helou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 03:59 PM   #14  

Hi Helou. Congratulations on choosing to Medifast.
I too find the mac and cheese too watery. I add a little less water and cook it longer. I have moved past that as I cannot stand to eat it any more. I like the beef soup and the veggie sloppy joe.
You need to have some carbs in your system for this program to work right. I have been on this program a little over 3.5 months and have lost 37lbs so far. I will be honest the first two months I would grab a few crackers or some chips cause I was not strong. I have since removed all foods that temp me from my house. I do have 2 small children and they understand.
If you are on FB look up "do you medifast" a great group of people who share stories, recipes and encouragement.
Richy37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 11:34 AM   #15  

Height: 5'4"

Hi all, I would love to see this forum get busier, since the way they changed the MF forums makes it no fun at all. Back in 2008 I lost almost 70 lbs. with MF, kept it off for almost two years. I wasn't doing transition, I was still trying to lose though so was mostly OP. I finally stopped trying, and the weight came back, and then some. I have made some half-hearted attempts since then, and mostly just ate whatever.

After a very stressful year, I am at an all-time high, and determined to get healthy once and for all. Maybe my goal isn't the weight I thought it was, maybe the weight I stayed at is okay. It isn't a super small size, but I could shop in normal people stores and fit in the seat on a plane.

So for now I set my goal to get into Onederland, and my small term goal is to get down a pants size. I have two jeans in my humongous size, and about 6 pairs if I just get back down a size. I know with MF that won't be too long if I stay focused.

Anyway, I am recommitting, and would like to work this forum more to help. I don't do FB, so am hoping to find some more folks that want to post here and encourage each other. I will check in regularly so if you post I will say Hi!
Monkeysocks is offline   Reply With Quote