Old 08-10-2014, 11:58 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 206/198/140

Height: 5.6'

Default New to Medifast... I have a few questions

I am almost at week to the end of week two. Week one was great! Week two now a little slower(no loss for 4 days) but I am being patient. I started through TSFL and only got the Quick start guide. I have been reading the blogs and see a lot of people refer to the program guide. Is that it? So these are my questions.

1. Do I really need to count sugar free gum
2. What about splenda and things like that
3. What are the total grams of carbs I should be at
susang30068 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 12:09 PM   #2  
Argh.

S/C/G: 308/273/175

Height: 5'9"

This group is really quiet... I hope it picks up at some point.
1. Yes, you really do. On a diet like this one that is using a combination of ketosis, low cal, and low carb, even little things make a difference
2. See above.
3. I'm not sure - I haven't been using grams of carbs as a metric, but I remember reading it somewhere, so you might want to go back and review the getting started materials.

Hope that helps, at least a little.
calluna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 02:47 PM   #3  
Medifast 6/18/13

S/C/G: 255.6/see ticker/155

Height: 5'6"

You should be at 80 - 100 grams of carbs a day. Good luck, the program works if you stay ON PROGRAM !
becksdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 11:21 AM   #4  
MediFast

S/C/G: 188/184/140

Height: 5'4"

I'm on day 4 of the MediFast plan; I'm an ovo lacto vegetarian for medical reasons, so my options on any plan are limited. Thought this plan would work as good as any, however, I am concerned about the packaged foods. So far I really don't like any of them - the food tastes horrible, everything is so salty. So I plan to live on their crunch bars and vanilla shakes - that's about all I can handle. Any suggestions for some mac n cheese other than MediFasts that would be acceptable to swap out? Thank you.
beach girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 11:25 AM   #5  
MediFast

S/C/G: 188/184/140

Height: 5'4"

Default MediFast food is, too, salty for me, not to mention it does not taste good.

Hello, I'm on day 4 of the MediFast plan; I'm an ovo lacto vegetarian for medical reasons, so my options on any plan are limited. Thought this plan would work as good as any, however, I am concerned about the packaged foods. So far I really don't like any of them - the food tastes horrible, everything is so salty. So I plan to live on their crunch bars and vanilla shakes - that's about all I can handle. Any suggestions for some mac n cheese other than MediFasts that would be acceptable to swap out? Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by susang30068 View Post
"I am almost at week to the end of week two. Week one was great! Week two now a little slower(no loss for 4 days) but I am being patient. I started through TSFL and only got the Quick start guide. I have been reading the blogs and see a lot of people refer to the program guide. Is that it? So these are my questions.

1. Do I really need to count sugar free gum
2. What about splenda and things like that
3. What are the total grams of carbs I should be at"
beach girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 10:10 PM   #6  
Overweight again...dang

S/C/G: 213/160.3/135

Height: 5'5"

Ugh, mac n cheese.... I choked down every last package by saturating it with Frank's Hot Sauce. I didn't care what the approved amount was (a teaspoon?). Thankfully they are gone. I don't care for many of the non-sweet foods. The soups are OK, and that's about it. I haven't found a decent alternative to their mac n cheese.

I was told to stay under 100 grams of carbohydrates and get at least 80 or 90 grams of protein.

I think it's OK to use Splenda, Stevia and others (I prefer Xylitol) in moderation. I think they ask that you keep track of it because it's not entirely carb free. That being said, I have yet to track my sugar-free mints. However, if i were to stall, I'd look at those things. I don't use sweeteners much, but I like sucking on mints at work.
twinieten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 05:36 PM   #7  

I had the same problem with lots of the food. I watched a number of youtube videos with different recipes, and one of the tips was to soak any of the dehyrated foods at least three hours. This tip was a godsend for me. I put my packet of cream of chicken soup with the water in a plastic container then cooked it today. Much better!
CruiseChick is offline   Reply With Quote