Old 10-06-2014, 05:57 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 335/319/160

Height: 5ft. 6in.

Default Whoa! Not what I expected!

So today was my first day on Medifast! I ordered my 4 week supply over the weekend, but found a local person on craigslist selling some of the meals, so I went ahead and started before my shipment came!
I had chocolate pudding, broccoli soup, pancakes and chili.
I cannot believe how good these meals were!! Of course, there is a certain, familiar "product" type taste if you think about it, but overall these were fairly pleasant! I will be trying the mac n' cheese tomorrow, which I hear is very terrible, so we'll see! I was thinking about putting a few ounces of ground beef in it with some type of bbq or steak sauce (if allowed) possibly. Not sure yet!
Pancakes were my least favorite, but I didn't have any syrup or anything with them. They were very thin and a little oily?? This could be due to me preparing them incorrectly, don't know. They just weren't my fav. But I ate them, and they were definitely tolerable.

As far as hunger, I can't say I suffered much at all! And that's odd to me because I find myself hungry after eating much more typically! I made sure to have a meal right about every 3 hours and that worked great. I peed a lot because I drank 1 liter of water at work, in addition to the water used to make my meals. I really plan to step the water intake up because I've read you should drink HALF your body weight in ounces DAILY! That's a LOOTTT of water for me. But if it will help I'll do it!

So the end of day one has left me feeling great and like I am ready to take this on! I know it will get tougher, but I think getting through today gave my stock in myself a little boost.

ChipperOh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 09:09 PM   #2  

I started back on medifast today. Good luck to you!
jacque122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 08:46 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 335/319/160

Height: 5ft. 6in.

Good luck to you, too! Day two down and still going strong!
ChipperOh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 04:19 PM   #4  

How is it going? I am losing really slowly but not giving up because I know it will work. I lost down to 170 in 2010. I have screwed my metabolism up by all this yo-yo dieting but i refuse to stop trying.
Old 11-02-2014, 02:05 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 403/376/165

Height: 5'7"

I started a week ago and agree with you about the food. It's a whole lot tastier than the last meal-replacement diet I was on. I had great success on that diet but I'm back again after a year off. Good luck to you all!
JaneDeaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 10:07 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 247/215/145

Height: 5'8

Awesome! I did MF two years ago and had great success, then went abroad for several weeks and fell off the wagon. I've been back on track since September and am down 32 pounds. As others have said, MF works! It works better than any other diet I've ever been on - so stick with it! Also, if you have a center near you, I would recommend signing up with them. I really benefit a lot by going to weigh in each week and having a formal support system there.

Last edited by GoEmGo; 11-04-2014 at 10:08 AM.
GoEmGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 02:04 PM   #7  
Uses Medifast

S/C/G: 190/178/130

Height: 5'5"

There are a lot of ways to alternatively prepare your Medifast meals. There is a way to take the mac n cheese and make chips out of it. I can't eat dairy so I haven't tried it, but it looks pretty good.

Last edited by Ruthxxx; 11-05-2014 at 03:14 PM. Reason: corrected was to ways
karinmeenan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 08:37 PM   #8  

I don't like the mac & cheese but I love the mashed potatoes they did not have those in 2010
Old 11-10-2014, 10:03 AM   #9  
Medifast Dieter

S/C/G: 237/.../169

Height: 5'1"

Oh yes. I love the mashed potatoes. They are an easy fix meal that doesn't need to be soaked.
ginamay28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 01:30 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 172/156/130

Height: 5'3"

ginamay28 how is your weight loss going? Did you reach goal?
ike7101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 05:21 PM   #11  

Mashed potatoes are good. Especially the sour cream & chives ones. The mac N cheese needs some work. I read if you follow the directions exactly and then add a wedge of laughing cow cheese, it helps. I just tried that, but it needs some soaking. The macaroni was not done following the exact directions. I let it soak an hour or so, cooked it some more, and then added the laughing cow. It was thick & creamy & much more edible.

Try it and see what you think.
CruiseChick is offline   Reply With Quote