Red Wine - MF

• Hi! I have been on mf for 5 weeks and have lost 10 pounds. It seems like I am a slow loser, which is frustrating! I think my problem is not getting enough water, but I am trying hard to change that.

I was wondering about red wine. I know it is not OP, but will it send me out of ketosis to have a small glass of red? I've had a hankering for a glass since week 2, but have not indulged for fear of losing my ketosis status.
  • you should not deviate from the 5-1 program if you want optimum results. However, if you do decide to drink wine, red wine is a good choice. I would say NO MORE than 5 ounces and ALOT of water with it to help your liver process it and you may not pop out of ketosis. I actually did this myself because I was such a wino when I started the program and I still lost good weight but I also noticed I did not want the wine when I was drinking it so only drank about 2 ounces and dumped the rest the first time. The second time was my anniversary and i drank water ALL DAY in the massive amounts that I could stand (about 20 ounces every hour) and when I had my wine that night I drank my two glasses over a few hours time and kept up with water as well. I never did go out of ketosis that time either. However, I do not recommend that you deviate from plan. If you do, just be smart about it and drink a lot of water and don't down a bottle of wine! LOL

Lastly, if you are a eater when you drink wine I would say DO NOT DRINK IT. I do not get the munchies ever when I drink so it didn't bother me but my friend does. She will literally make a batch of cookies when she is drunk off of wine because she craves the sweets.