3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Medifast (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/medifast-223/)
-   -   Medifasting Startup (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/medifast/292888-medifasting-startup.html)

paigeinabook 02-17-2014 03:14 PM

Medifasting Startup

I am about to begin the Medifast diet starting this upcoming week. (wednesday will be the day).

I have been doing my best to limit my eating habits in order to prepare for this lifestyle change. I have lost 6 pounds in the last 3 weeks and I have been avoiding fast foods, junk food, having lean cuisines, choosing the healthiest options eating out and just generally eating healthier - and smaller - portions. I think my mind is conditioned (somewhat) to the change I'm about to make but still I'm looking for any tips or advice you all have to offer? I have been poring over weight loss blogs, Medifast tips and articles about the diet online but I still feel like I want more information on how the first couple of weeks go with this diet.

Thanks for reading. :hug:

MarshallJansen 03-13-2014 05:00 PM

Hi Paige! I started Medifast a couple months ago and blog about it every day. If you go to my January posts, there's a lot of anecdotal stuf about how I felt on a day to day basis... Feel free to check it out!

weightlossachievementunlocked.blogspot.com

KareVT 06-08-2014 08:18 PM

Hi Paige - I'm about to wrap up Day 3 (started Friday) and LOVE the program. I'm coming off of a very strict diet called Ideal Protein. MF offers so much more variety, support and more food/guidance. I am so happy that I made the change and surprisingly, it's actually fun.

Here are some tips that I've learned so far:

1. Are you on Instagram? If so, start searching for people to follow for inspiration: #tsfl

2. Purchase a blender if you don't have one. There are some shakes that you can blend, add ice, and put in the freezer for a cold treat.

3. Cut bars into bite sized pieces and put in freezer for when you are ready for your MF meal.

4. Don't eat more than 2 bars per day.

5. Journal and pre-plan.

You're going to love it! And don't forget to turn to all of us for support.

Tuscany123 09-18-2014 09:05 PM

[QUOTE=KareVT;5019880]Hi Paige - I'm about to wrap up Day 3 (started Friday) and LOVE the program. I'm coming off of a very strict diet called Ideal Protein. MF offers so much more variety, support and more food/guidance. I am so happy that I made the change and surprisingly, it's actually fun.QUOTE]

I am starting MF after being on Ideal Protein for 2 months. I am so hungry all the time on IP, and tired too. A friend of mine made the jump from IP to MF and is doing so well on it! My coach told me for breakfast I can do it for myself, an egg and 2 egg white omlette plus a small piece of whole grain toast. Toast! I'm giddy with excitement. I am glad to meet someone else on these boards who was formerly on IP!!

jbrand29 09-23-2014 03:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KareVT (Post 5019880)
Hi Paige - I'm about to wrap up Day 3 (started Friday) and LOVE the program. I'm coming off of a very strict diet called Ideal Protein. MF offers so much more variety, support and more food/guidance. I am so happy that I made the change and surprisingly, it's actually fun.

I just placed my first order for TSFL and about 2 mos ago I stopped doing Ideal Protein as well. I had lost 35 pounds before going on vacation and then I just couldn't get re-motivated. I'm hoping TSFL will be the motivation I need to finish losing the weight I need to take off.

classykaren 02-05-2015 04:37 PM

[QUOTE=Tuscany123;5071949]
Quote:

Originally Posted by KareVT (Post 5019880)
Hi Paige - I'm about to wrap up Day 3 (started Friday) and LOVE the program. I'm coming off of a very strict diet called Ideal Protein. MF offers so much more variety, support and more food/guidance. I am so happy that I made the change and surprisingly, it's actually fun.QUOTE]

I am starting MF after being on Ideal Protein for 2 months. I am so hungry all the time on IP, and tired too. A friend of mine made the jump from IP to MF and is doing so well on it! My coach told me for breakfast I can do it for myself, an egg and 2 egg white omlette plus a small piece of whole grain toast. Toast! I'm giddy with excitement. I am glad to meet someone else on these boards who was formerly on IP!!

Can anyone tell me the approximate cost of Medi fast especially compared to Ideal protein? Thanks:hug:

CruiseChick 02-09-2015 01:29 PM

I don't know the cost of Ideal Protein, but depending on the number of boxes you order for the month with MediFast, it can run between $250-300+ per month. You cook one meal on your own... a protein and veggies.

The great thing about it is, it is all portioned out for you so you don't overeat. You eat 5 of the MF meals per day and one of your own.

Works great!

I've lost 15# in two weeks!

Best of luck to you. Let us know what you decide.

Kauai2Bali2Seattle 03-11-2015 07:40 PM

Wishing you lots of success, you can do it!

medifast1 05-03-2015 05:43 AM

new to medifast

hi paige!
How is your medifast going so far?!
Im on day five and im loving it so far!