Old 08-19-2013, 05:16 PM   #1  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

S/C/G: 271/217/140

Wink I'm thinking I may do Medifast again

Hi

I did Medifast about ten + years ago when an internal medicine doctor suggested it. At that time the program wasn't available to the public yet, it was strictly for docs and their patients. It was pretty much shakes and maybe a few bars later. I lost about 20-30 pounds on the program and it was a strict yet helpful program. Now, that Medifast has expanded so many meal options to the public, it is easier to do and there is a Medifast online community too. I tried a couple of times after that and I didn't have as much luck sticking to it, maybe because my doctor wasn't keeping tabs on me ( I moved so I no longer see him), I got lazy. I think I will try it again though, there are so many people who have success with it and it has developed into a great program.

As for health coaches, I tried one and our personalities weren't a match. I have thought about trying one again but I feel that they remind me of a JC consultant or WW leader, kind of pushing the program to the point where it is ridiculous. I think I will do the program by ordering online, there is a Medifast center in my area but it is so expensive and I would rather do it on my own.

Anyways, I am looking forward to getting to know members here and giving each other support. This should be a great start for me! Thanks- take care!

seabiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 07:10 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/168

Height: 5'6"

It's a good program, IMO. They do have a ton of food options now so variety is amazing. Good luck!
Lyn2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 09:02 PM   #3  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

Talking

Hi Lyn!

Thank you for replying. I got my first shipment on Thursday or some time around then. I like the lemon meringue bars and I tried a tea or punch drink, it was okay but I don't think that I will reorder that because I like my drinks to be low calorie and their tea or punch drink has about 100 calories. I may try their infusers or continue to use MIO or Crystal Light liquid. I tried cooking the chocolate chip soft bake in my microwave and I got so frustrated because the mixture spilled all over the microwave!! I have a carousel microwave so it was splish/splashing all over the place! I may try using the oven instead.

Well, for now I am using the Medifast products as 'in between meal foods' and I try to have those other than regular food but I love regular food, it is hard to give up!!!

Take care.

Amy
Old 08-24-2013, 11:13 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/168

Height: 5'6"

Amy, yeah in general on the forums people do not like the teas. The smores bars and chocolate mint bars are good and I love the hot cocoa, dark chocolate shakes, and the cereals. I make the soft bake cookie into a shake! Just use a cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk (which is now a condiment, Blue Diamond or Silk brand), the cookie packet, and a bunch of ice in the blender. I love it even more with some instant coffee in it: java chip frappuccino!

I have a Medifast food tips page that might help too: Medifast Food Tips & Recipes

Last edited by Lyn2007; 08-24-2013 at 11:14 PM.
Lyn2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 06:56 PM   #5  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

Lyn,

Thank you for your advice and tips! I visited your webpage, thanks for the link!

I think that dislikes and likes are probably different with each individual. I haven't really been focusing on Medifast lately because I have a lot going on emotionally, although there is no time like the present.

Take care and I appreciate your reply and link.

Amy