Old 07-15-2013, 02:32 PM   #1  

Default Have you gained while on Medifast?

Just wondering if some of you show weight gains at any point while on program? I mean assuming no cheats, staying on plan strictly speaking.

i just began with my wife, im just thinking in the future if i see a gain, does it mean i did something wrong? or is it perfectly normal to gain some weeks?

Thanks
Stashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 09:58 PM   #2  
MF 3/31/13

S/C/G: 261/ticker/155 for now

Height: 5'2"

I've been on MF for 3 1/2 months and the only weekly gain I've seen was July 4th week when I went off plan - I gained 0.5 pounds. I'm guessing when I get closer to goal that might change.
SuperHeroTeacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 10:11 PM   #3  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

You can gain on the scale for a number of reasons that have nothing to do with what you're eating.

For example the body holds onto and uses extra water in the healing process, so a gain on the scale can indicate that your immune system is dealing with illness or injury (even a small one like fighting off a cold you may never get or repairing muscles after a workout).

Last summer, I gained 8 lbs overnight after a painful sunburn. It wasn't diet related as I wasn't hungry and didn't overeat, but I was terribly thirsty. In a day or wo, the 8 lbs fell off as quickly as they came.

On meal replacement plans, it's pretty easy to know if you're cheating. You're either on plan or you're not, and if you're not, weight gains could be fat gains. If you are on plan, gains are most likely temporary water retention.

If you see consistent gains, despite being 100% on plan, for more than a couple weeks, you should see a doctor to rule out endocrine or other problems.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote