New

• Hey Medifast dieters!!

I am looking at going "on plan." Can anyone help me? I am struggling with what to order first.

I've heard don't get the chili. Is there anything else not to buy?

Thanks!
  • I can't stand any of the soups prepared as soup. I do like to cook the cream soups in a sandwich maker (with egg beaters instead of water) as bread to make grilled cheese sandwiches.

My daily go-to foods are the mocha shake, fruit and nut bars, and brownie. I seriously eat these 3 things daily!

I also like many other bars: lemon, chocolate mint, s'more, peanut butter...

The cinnamon pretzels are pretty good, but a little dry. I surprisingly love the dry cereals. I haven't tried the oatmeal or eggs yet - I've heard they're not great.

If you have questions about specific foods I'd be happy to comment.

Oh, I almost forgot - the Mac & Cheese is DISGUSTING!!!
  • yeah, chili is no good, and it doesn't agree with me. Nor do the cream soups. I like the chicken noodle, beef vegetable, and chicken rice soup. the cream soups are good for recipes. I actually LOVE the mac and cheese...so people's tastes very

I like the oatmeal, eaten as oatmeal or pancakes. but I know a lot of people don't. I use the pancakes practically every day...I LOVE them! As pancakes, crepes, or with the original, pizza crust or sandwich bread.

LOVE all the bars except caramel and fruit and nut.

I like the brownies, soft bakes are good in recipes and as shakes, but not on their own.

lots and lots of chocolate shakes. Not a fan of vanilla or banana, but dutch chocolate and dark chocolate and mocha are delicious.

Love the pudding...both chocolate and vanilla. I like crumbling my 1/2 soft bake cookie in with 1/2 vanilla pudding, with a little bit of truvia...wonderful!

I've heard the smoothies are amazing...i'm excited to try them, my order arrives tomorrow. the soft serve is good!

cereal with almond milk is good, I add cinnamon.

I like the pretzels, the parmesan bites (good in a mac and cheese bake!) and the pizza bites...the bbq bites are way too rich.

I will not be ordering any more soup...I rarely eat them and when I do I get bad gas. so I only use them when I'm at home before bed or not going to go anywhere, and then only as sandwiches. I won't order any more chili or sloppy joe...the sloppy is good, actually, especially with a little salsa, but it doesn't agree with me.
  • Funny, but no matter what food you name, there are lots of people on the Medifast forums who like that food and plenty who hate it. Tastes really differ so I suggest ordering one packet of any food you aren't sure of and trying it before committing to a whole box.

Favorites among Medifast users seem to be hot cocoa, chocolate mint crunch bars, smores bars, peanut butter crunch bars, and dutch chocolate shakes. A lot of people seem to like the cereals too. I see a lot of hatred towards the eggs, the oatmeals, the soups and stew, and the teas.

I personally love the hot cocoa, chocolate crunch bars, maple oatmeal made into muffins, both cereals, the dark chocolate antioxidant shake, the soft bake cookie as is or made into a shake, and the brownie. I love the new smoothies and the ready-to-drink chocolate shakes (tastes like slimfast in a can to me). I HATE the beef stew and tomato soup.