10 miles...

• I'm doing two charity walks on Sunday...one at 9:30 followed by lunch served by cousins (I'll be stopping at pick n save for a chicken salad on my way down), then 1:30 the second 5 mile walk/run starts. My question is...if I'm walking/jogging 10 miles in one day, do I need to add another MF meal or more protein to make up those calories? I'm not used to that amount of exercise...I'm more used to 1.5-2 miles at a time lol. But I usually hit pretty close to 100 carbs and I don't want to go over...
  • I would add more protein for better muscle recovery, but I'm not sure how much... and maybe an extra MF meal too.
  • I vote yes! You could try one extra MF Meal or Lean & Green, and then see how you feel an hour later... If you still feel weak/tired/hungry, go for a second Yeay for you for doing charity walks too!
  • Thanks for the imput. I'm thinking I'll throw an extra few ounces of chicken in my salad, and maybe have a shake while I'm walking. At least the second walk. The first one is a family walk, it'll be slower pace and I'm walking with some people that might turn back early lol.