Day 1 may 6th2013

• Hey all
    I am starting medifast tomorrow and I am so ready!!
    Any advice? I know gas is to be expected so i am going to take a probiotic and have gas ex on hand. When did y'all start exercise? Any adivse is highly appreciated!!!
  • Unless you are already on an exercise regimen, you should wait about 3 weeks before incorporating exercise.

You might feel like crap for the first 3-5 days as your body goes into Ketosis, but stick with it, it's worth it! You'll feel great once you are finally in Ketosis. I've lost 20.6 pounds in 5 weeks.
  • Congrats on starting your journey, and good luck! This is a great place to come for support! Push through these first few days, because they will suck, and definitely utilize your coach while your getting into ketosis. I started feeling better around day 3. I advise not to overdo the activity for awhile. I played baseball a few days in, and I was out of it the rest of the day, so exhausted. They mean it when they say wait a few weeks! I've been more gassy then usual since I started, an d I haven't figured out exactly what does it...I'm guessing it's soy, and there is no avoiding that. But it was worse the first week or two. I'm 2 1/2 weeks in, I'm not nearly as gassy as I was, and I've lost 15 pounds. I feel excellent. Utilize the recipe sticky on this board, I absolutely love trying out new recipes and these have been amazing. Some of the food gets boring pretty quickly. Good luck and welcome!!!