3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Medifast (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/medifast-223/)
-   -   Does it really only take 3 days? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/medifast/279999-does-really-only-take-3-days.html)

Andi24 04-19-2013 10:44 AM

Does it really only take 3 days?

My coach says I should be feeling less hungry, and have more energy once I'm in ketosis. Well it's day 2 for me and I have a horrible headache, no energy, and I'm hungry. Yesterday I did go too long between meals, about 3.5 hours, and it was not good, but my work day is 7-5:30, I get up at 5 and have to eat something right away, so I was trying to stretch it. But today I'm trying every 2.5 hours, and not doing an evening mf meal, and I'm not as hungry as I was yesterday, but I still have a bad headache. Will this really go away once I hit ketosis? And that will really only take about 3 days? Is this all normal?

SuperHeroTeacher 04-20-2013 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andi24 (Post 4712241)
My coach says I should be feeling less hungry, and have more energy once I'm in ketosis. Well it's day 2 for me and I have a horrible headache, no energy, and I'm hungry. Yesterday I did go too long between meals, about 3.5 hours, and it was not good, but my work day is 7-5:30, I get up at 5 and have to eat something right away, so I was trying to stretch it. But today I'm trying every 2.5 hours, and not doing an evening mf meal, and I'm not as hungry as I was yesterday, but I still have a bad headache. Will this really go away once I hit ketosis? And that will really only take about 3 days? Is this all normal?

I'm sorry you're having a rough start. Stick with it, it gets better! NEVER skip a MF meal before you hit Ketosis. MF wants you to never skip one of their meals ever, but it's really important to get the calories allotted - it helps with those withdrawal symptoms (headache, etc.). In fact, my MF counselor told me I could eat a 6th MF meal that first week if I was hungry. Remember, MF wants you in a mild to moderate state of Ketosis, not severe.

For me I did hit Ketosis on day 3. I knew I was there because I had that Ketosis taste in my mouth - if you've ever been in Ketosis you know what I'm talking about. I did notice more energy and this feeling of being lighter once I hit Ketosis, but I'm kinda battling some lethargy now (day 20) due to the amount of allergy medication I have to take this time of year.

Lolo70 04-20-2013 02:17 AM

Getting into ketosis is 3-5 days. Getting your body adjusted to using ketones can take about 3 weeks.

Andi24 04-20-2013 11:45 AM

Thank you! I'm feeling SO much better this morning. And yesterday was much better eating every 2.5. When I talked to my coach last night she said I could eat that 7th meal if I needed to...it's every 2.5 hours as long as I'm awake. I didn't realize that. I even successfully went out to eat last night! I still have that headache I've had for 3 days...and those eggs I just had did not fill me up, but I weighed myself when I woke up (before I ate anything) and I was 4 pounds lighter...In 3 days...yikes!