Thinking of rejoining Medifast

• Hi,

I am thinking about rejoining Medifast. I have done it a few times, under guidance of a physician before it came out to the public, and then ordered online a few times too and lost weight on it. There is a center in my area that recently opened.

I guess for me, one of the reasons that I am hesitating doing it is because I don't want to feel restricted. I know Medifast is different than Jenny Craig but when I tried Jenny Craig a few months ago, I threw in the towel after two weeks. I felt so restricted and wanted to have 'real food.' I don't want to run into the same problem with Medifast. I have a tendency to overeat, used to binge and am recovering from that so I don't want to go overboard and binge because I feel so restricted.

The other part of me really wants to try this again because even if I start out with only three or four of the meals (instead of five) and the lean and green, those are healthier options than eating junk food. Maybe I should ease my way into it? I just got a coupon for Medifast, not sure if it is valid at the center as well as online.

Does anyone have any experiences with the centers?

Thanks for reading! All input welcome.
  • I don't have a center near me, so all I know about them is what I've read here. Seems like a lot of extra expense, but if you think you need the personal assistance, it may be worth it for you.

Good luck, whatever you decide!