Which medifast items don't require baking/mixing on the spot?

• Thought I would call on your collective wisdom. Which medifast options, besides the bars, don't require preparation on the spot? I'm starting a new job and I don't really want to be mixing powders in my office, etc.

I ordered some brownies and to my dismay they require preparation then and there! I thought they would come ready-made.

It's not that I'm lazy, I just don't want to introduce myself to my colleagues as "that person on a diet."
  • The bars and snack bites are the only ones that are ready to eat right out of the bag, I think. You could always premix the stuff in a microwave safe container and heat it when you get there?

On days I have to work, I will do an oatmeal before going in, a bar when I get there, my lean n green (or half of a lean n green), another bar before I leave and then that leaves me with the two more medifast meals and the rest of the lean n green to eat when I'm off for the evening.
  • The pretzels are also grab & go.

I like to eat the chili and sloppy joe at work for lunch. I mix it up at home, so I'm just heating it up at lunchtime, like everyone else. You could do the same with oatmeal, too. I also will bring shakes to work already mixed in a shaker jar - just stash in the fridge til you want it. The shakes will thicken if you let them sit for awhile, too.
  • great to know! thanks for the tips. love that the shakes get thicker instead of watery & separating.
  • The shakes will separate a little if they sit long enough, but they mix right back up.
  • If MF has a tomato soup, at home, add water enough to moisten, put in a PAM sprayed bowl, and micro for a minute or two until dry.

Yummy, portable tomato muffins!
  • The soups, sloppy joe, and chili all benefit from soaking (unless you like chomping down on a rock hard pea or grain of rice), and therefore are PERFECT for making up that morning and sticking in a thermos....No one will be the wiser