3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Medifast (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/medifast-223/)
-   -   Started Medifast yesterday! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/medifast/258431-started-medifast-yesterday.html)

E1991 05-05-2012 12:11 PM

Started Medifast yesterday!

Hi there :)

I started Medifast yesterday. I have 20 pounds to lose in order to go back to my pre-baby weight and 25 lbs. more to go back to my ideal weight. Right now I'm 194. I'm 5'3, my ideal weight is 145/150.

My day went pretty well yesterday. So far, so good. Cravings here and there but I was able to fight those. Also, no headaches yet. One thing I had a problem with was the Medifast bites. Unfortunately, I did not enjoy those ;/ So my question to you guys who don't like it either is, what are other alternatives? I know Wonder Slim sells some salty snacks like pretzels and chips. Should I buy those? I don't want to be eating sweet things for the rest of the month. I feel like eventually I might get tired of them.

My fav. so far is the Mint Chocolate Crunch bars. I have to yet to try the Hot Chocolate and the Dutch Chocolate shakes. I also have the Orange drink and the Mango Pomegranate drink. And of course, the brownie and chocolate chip soft bake. I'm a little scared to try them, lol. I hope they are all good.

Good luck to all of you who are on this weight loss journey or have recently embarked on it!

neimanmarxist 05-06-2012 09:17 AM

great work E! I'm starting today. My food's arriving tomorrow- I'm a little scared! it's comforting to hear your first day went well.

E1991 05-06-2012 12:07 PM

Thank you! :)

Today is day 3. I'm hoping all goes as well as it has been going so far.
Don't be scared! Everything will go well.
I weighed myself today and 3 pounds less :carrot:

If you have any questions, PM me anytime.

Good luck!

aviva5675 05-06-2012 01:42 PM

I started today. Had the eggs for breakfast with tomato and mushrooms, a T of egg beater egg whites. Cooked on stove, and was ok. Added seasonings. Seemed like twice the amount of scrambled egg I would have normally made, tho of course no toast to go with!

Had the chocolate pudding for second thing and it was really tasty. Made it and left in fridge few hours til I ate it, was thick and good.

Now mixed up some chicken rice soup and is soaking for an hour or so til I try it for lunch.

Am most nervous about not liking alot of the food.

Riddy 05-06-2012 09:19 PM

Hey E1991 and aviva5675,

Welcome!

The first couple days can be rough, but it does get better. Whatever the problem, the answer is almost always drink more water.

Your tastebuds will adjust in a couple weeks, so even if you're not crazy about something at first, you may like it later on. I think a lot of it has to do with the very low sodium level of the medifast food. At first I had to salt all of the soups, but after about a month I cut it way back, and now I hardly use any.

Good luck everyone!

aviva5675 05-07-2012 10:13 AM

Its a little tricky figuring out and counting condiments and extra fats- seems like its easy to go over your limit. I drink 2 cups of coffee a day and Ill use 1 splenda and 2 T of 1/2 and 1/2 per cup , so I think that uses alot for my day. :(

StaceFace 06-19-2012 07:48 PM

I read a tip on another site about always adding cold water to your foods and letting it soak for a little bit before heating it up. All these packets are dehydrated food, so you have to allow time for it to rehydrate. If you add warm or hot water it'll lump up, especially the hot drinks like the cappuccino...I had that problem today and yuck! Lumpy mess, which is why I went searching for tips later. The soups and chili might even take more than a few minutes.

The shakes don't bug me, I did slim fast once and have had a lot of protein shakes so I actually really like those. And I dont' mind the eggs but I cook them on the stove top. I absolutely HATE the oatmeal...the mushy consistency makes me want to gag, and pre-MF I loved having whole oat oatmeal so I just can't stand the stuff.

Stick with it, you'll be happy you did! Good luck!

eightiesbabe84 06-20-2012 11:25 AM

Just ordered Medifast today, hope it arrives soon. LOL before the buyers remorse sets in. good to see positive input, I have spent a small fortune on stuff like this over the past 33 years. My daughter is getting married in August and its taken me almost a year to lose 25 lbs; I am hoping the Medifast gives me a jump start, I would really like to be under 200 by my next birthday (in October). Thanks for the good info.

Elstyle 06-20-2012 07:02 PM

Hi,
I am on week 4 with MF and have lost 20 pounds! I like most of the foods and it is true that they mix and work much better with COLD water. Now I keep water chilled in the fridge for that purpose. I used it to make the pancakes this morning and they were perfect! I just followed the directions on the packet. I am sure you also will find success with MF.

aviva5675 06-22-2012 07:19 PM

Im 6 weeks in and have lost 13.5...going slower than I expected but trying to be happy with slow going..another 15 or so to go...Ive found mixing the powdered things and letting them sit or soak helps alot. I use pudding for shakes. Ive made tomato soup into the flat bread, with LC cheese and tuna...Cant get much into the soups and forget the eggs. Ive found alot of recipes online for changing soups, oatmeal, brownies etc into yummier muffins and things like that.

eightiesbabe84 06-27-2012 07:29 AM

I am still waiting for my Medifast diet to arrive. Getting kind of excited reading all the positive posts. LOL I can't believe I paid $315 for 3.3 lbs of food! boy the things we do! Have a great day.