Taste??

• Does the taste get better? I have had my first 2 meals for the day and the after taste is horrible.... Does it get better???
  • hmm, I hope so...
    I have my first order sitting right here. The box arrived this morning and I just opened it up.

Reminds me of the backpacking foods of the 70s when all the rage was dehydrated, powdered whatever. I remember the Beef Stroganoff particularly. I ate all that junk back then so I suppose I really can stomach anything.

I have not tried anything yet, I am going to get a rocket blender today and have a 'farewell to fat' dinner tomorrow. probably start on Monday. Hope they are better than it sounds!
  • Quote: Does the taste get better? I have had my first 2 meals for the day and the after taste is horrible.... Does it get better???
    It's not so much that the taste gets better as you get sort of acclimated to it. Your taste buds wave the white flag early on though. Good Luck!
  • Some of the stuff is easy to "doctor up" too. For example, if you got any of the hot cocoa mixes, you can add those to a black cup of coffee + cinnamon for a cinnamon mocha latte fix. Those are actually really good and neither the cinnamon nor the black coffee count against you.
  • Quote: Some of the stuff is easy to "doctor up" too. For example, if you got any of the hot cocoa mixes, you can add those to a black cup of coffee + cinnamon for a cinnamon mocha latte fix. Those are actually really good and neither the cinnamon nor the black coffee count against you.
    Stealing and doin'....
  • Quote: Stealing and doin'....
    Your name and avatar are adorable, btw lol
  • It does get better. I think your taste buds adapt after a couple weeks.

There's lots of tips here for doctoring up the food. My favorite is a hot cocoa one, too. Add cocoa powder, cinnamon, ginger, a pinch of cayenne and a splash of milk of coffee creamer. Reminds me of the gourmet hot cocoa I love.