Old 02-10-2012, 02:21 AM   #1  

Default Exercise on MF?

Yep, starting yet another thread.

I know MF suggests holding off on exercise the first couple of weeks while our bodies adjust to the program. My question is this:

After that adjustment period, would it be safe to try training for a half marathon on so few calories? I've been wanting to try for awhile now. The schedule would look something like this http://www.shape.com/fitness/trainin...chedule?page=2

I know I should consult my doctor first, but I was also wondering what you all do as far as exercise goes. How often do you exercise? Is it intense?
Bones1928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 06:38 AM   #2  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

No, I would not recommend training for a half marathon while on the weight loss part of the Medifast program. It is too strenuous for as few calories as you are eating on the program. You'll just break down your body, and I don't mean the fat.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 01:55 PM   #3  

Thanks, Jay. I figured that might be pushing it, and not in a good way.

I'm over eager to be slim, I guess, and really want to get into some activities that will help me become physically stronger. My body has felt like a prison at times. It has been easy to look at others who run and say to myself "I'll never be able to do that"..

Before I'm too old to even try, I want to see what this body can do if I treat it right.
Bones1928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 07:39 PM   #4  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

That's good. But don't be in such a hurry that you risk hurting yourself. Going for a walk every day would be a good way to start.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 08:27 PM   #5  
Shrinking Chick

S/C/G: 288/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

I started Medifast in April. I just started doing 30 minutes of yoga 3-4 times a week in January, and this month I'm adding in some 20-30 minute kettlebell workouts. I'm not a big exercise fan, but I think I've found a couple things I like and might actually do regularly.

Like Jay said, I would not recommend training for 1/2 marathon while on Medifast. I think it's too strenuous for the amount of calories we're taking in. But once you're a couple weeks in, feel free to start something less intense if you want.

Hang in there and keep it up - I'm sure you'll do that 1/2 marathon if you want to!
Riddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 01:07 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 222/193/150

Height: 5'9

im at about a month and a half right now so im trying to get in a workout.. thinking about joining a gym and doing a lil elliptical/treadmill sorta workout.. i guess 30 mins seems to be the reccomended exercise time? sounds good!! can't wait to get back into the gym
londonlove is offline   Reply With Quote