Old 11-26-2011, 08:16 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 220.2/211.4/130

Height: 5'3"

Default Help - How do I limit the dizziness when starting MF?

Hi There - I am planning to start medifast next week. I am excited and looking forward to it. I have my food, and have even ben to a local center and will meet with a person there once a week for a few weeks. However, I am scared about the lightheadded phase. I have a busy week, (although the following week is also bad so there is no better time). I am also not happy driving around the city in a light headed daze, having had a smash many years ago when dieting.

Can anyone give advice on how to minimize this lightheaded phase? When is it usually worse? How long does it last?

many thanks for your suggestions
haggis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 06:28 AM   #2  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

First of all, you may not get dizzy. It doesn't happen to everyone. But if it does, it's usually a short-term thing.

If you feel it's really a problem (when you get there, of course) then you can increase your amounts a little bit (e.g., have an extra shake per day, or be sure you eat right at 2 hours apart). You can also divide your lean & green meal in half, so that you can have half earlier and the other half later.

But remember, the dizziness is your body adjusting to a different metabolism. If you just go off plan, then you only delay that.

You should consult with the center where you plan to go about this issue. Make use of that resource.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 10:19 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 220.2/211.4/130

Thanks - I'll keep the option to have an extra bar in mind over the first few days.
haggis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 11:23 AM   #4  
Shrinking Chick

S/C/G: 288/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

The dizziness can also be your body adjusting to the low sodium levels in Medifast. Drink more water, and you can have the optional dill pickles or a cup of broth/boullion. My grocery store even has little snack packs of dill pickles, so you can have pickles on the go.

Did the center give you all the paperwork? There's good info in there, too.

Good luck!
Riddy is offline   Reply With Quote