Old 09-20-2011, 09:31 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 217/217/155

Height: 5'6"

Smile Starting MF tomorrow

Hi Everyone!

I'm new to this site and to MF. My doctor recommened MF and I have a friend who has been very successful with it. I have about 75 pounds to lose.

I'll take my before pictures today, measure, journal, and do a short video message to myself about how (awful ) I'm feeling now and why I want to get healthy. I think that will help me down the road (which I've traveled many times with various programs/diets only to regain almost all back each time).

I'll shop this afternoon for my L&G items. What are your favorite L&G? I'll read past messages for other tips/suggestions and I welcome any shared in this thread.

I look forward to getting to know you all!!!
InnerBeauty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 10:06 AM   #2  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

InnerBeauty! I think you'll find you're in for quite an adventure! MF does work quite well. But, you do have to follow directions.

My favorite L & G is seasoned boneless, skinless chicken breast with steamed green beans and broccoli or a side salad. I can use Butter Buds to season the vegetables, or I can have 1 TBSP of light dressing on the salad. Yummy! and filling!

I also like to order salmon if I go out to eat. Some restaurants do a really good salmon, but others not so much, so you kind of have to find out the best ones. I like the salmon at Macaroni Grill and Ruby Tuesday.

Hope to see you post your progress!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 03:39 PM   #3  

Hiya, InnerBeauty Just a quick heads-up that you may feel like crap for a few days, but it will pass and you will feel great! Drink tons of water. It really helps.
My fave L&Gs are grilled, boneless/skinless chicken with broccoli, or a "sandwich" made from Morning Star Farms Garden patties. They become the bun and I add some lettuce, pickles and Tabasco with tsp of light mayo. Add a salad and yum! Tuna and salmon are awesome.
Once you're at this for a bit, you'll find if you want to split your L&G between lunch and dinner. I do this at work. I find it a great big meal to save the whole L&G for dinner. Cooked weight protein is a lot to eat!
SpinDizzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 09:25 PM   #4  

I just started too so I'm still tweaking my L&Gs but so far I've had Boca patties one night. I use to eat them pre MF and like them so I was happy that I could still have them. Although, I will say it's hard coming up with a way to fix them other than with cheese, mayo, and turkey bacon on bun, lol. I also love chicken and broccoli and ate quite a bit of it pre MF as well so that's already been another staple for me these first few days. I'm slowly digging thru recipes posted here and on the MF site to come up with more ideas (don't want to get bored and then go OP).
EvilPink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 09:57 PM   #5  
Shrinking Chick

S/C/G: 288/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

Welcome, Innerbeauty!

Jay and Dizzie are absolutely right - you'll probably feel crummy for a couple days, but it will pass. Drink lots of water - it even helps some with the hunger.

All summer I ate lots of meat on the grill - steak, tuna steak and swordfish - either over salad or with grilled veggies.

I came up with a turkey meatloaf in the spring that I'll start making again soon. 1 pound ground turkey, 1 egg, Open Pit barbeque sauce (spicy not sweet) and just enough breadcrumbs to hold it together. I stuffed it with a box of chopped frozen spinach, thawed and wrung out and a few pinches of shredded cheddar. I divide it in thirds and add some more green to each portion.
Riddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 04:52 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 217/217/155

Height: 5'6"

Thanks everyone! I feel so empowered starting today. It's such a relief not to be thinking about food all day long and not to be grazing all day.

Just got back from Costco and stocked up on chicken breasts, canned tuna & salmon, fresh tilapia (anyone have experience freezing this... do you cook them first?), and lots of veggies. Boy, shopping at Costco and avoiding all of the samples too mental effort as that musle memory is built in to sample everything offered.

I've had spiced pancakes twice, and one bar. All good so far. Feeling a little headache now... maybe I need 1 more cup of coffee. I usually drink coffee all day and so far have had only 2 cups and 1 coke zero. I know 3 is the suggested limit. Perhaps Tylenol would help too.

Anyway.... so excited to be starting today and to read all of your posts and hear how everyone else is doing. Thank you SOOOO MUCH!!!
InnerBeauty is offline   Reply With Quote