Old 09-02-2011, 05:27 PM   #1  
Bacon makes it better.

S/C/G: 135/128/106

Height: 5'1.5"

Default My First Day- It sucked badly

Hi Everyone,

I received my order of Medifast last night and I was like a kid on Christmas morning. I can't really explain why, but I was just confident that this was the right program for me.

I had my sludge 'peach' oatmeal for breakfast. Now I am not a picky eater at all, but that stuff was like rubber cement, only you can't get high off of it.

I was hungry soon after and guzzled water to keep my hunger at bay. My mid-morning snack was pizza crisps. I had the chili (doctored with Frank's hot sauce for lunch) and a 'brownie' for my late afternoon snack.

Typically, I am a very active person but I am happy to be a lazy lump on the couch watching tv- which I rarely do. When I walked the dog I felt like I was drunk and typing out this email is overloading my brain circuits.

This sucks. I mean it. It really, really, really sucks. I have a feeling I am going to stay on this program and do well. I hope I never forget my misery today, because I never want to do it again. I mean I want to somehow remind myself to put my all into maintenance, because this is about as much fun as a hospital visit.

I will say one thing. I haven't had cravings- thank goodness and only felt hunger part of the day...but the energy level, feeling of being 'sapped' and ugh...that oatmeal. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

SkinnyBacon
SkinnyBacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 06:00 PM   #2  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

I know what you mean, SkinnyBacon! I woke up dizzy the second morning. I think it has to do with the metabolic shift away from burning carbs--it doesn't happen immediately. But get through it! Your energy will return. Be sure to eat enough lean & green!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 06:05 PM   #3  
Bacon makes it better.

Thank you Jay. Your religion really is kindness. Congratulations at completing half of your goal!!
Old 09-03-2011, 03:07 AM   #4  

Hey, SkinnyB. You'll probably feel kinda run over for a few days, and then it passes. Be sure to drink lots of water, and eat all of your Lean and Green. It's very important.
SpinDizzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 10:40 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 288.2/225/160

Height: 5'7"

The fog will lift. What I really like about MF is that it is the only diet I've tried that truly has stopped my urge to binge on carbs. I feel like I've been set free!

I do have occasional hungry days, but not out-of-control must-eat-whatever days.
wannablean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 08:15 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 187/117/ 113 to 118

Height: 5' 1"

Oh, yeah, the first week was kind of tough. The first 3 meals I ate were the oatmeal, the cappuchino, and the beef stew and I thought they were the nastiest things ever.

Then I ate the pancakes, the shakes, the bars, and the soups and finally the brownies. They are my favorites.

But, I'm happy to say that all passed, I got used to the food. I've stayed on MF now for 18 weeks and I've lost 35 pounds.

I just don't eat those 3 things anymore. Be sure to check Sandy's Kitchen and Lyn Escapes Obesity websites for excellent MF recipes and Lean and Green recipes.

Good luck!

Last edited by gardengirlkp; 09-03-2011 at 08:16 PM.
gardengirlkp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 04:10 PM   #7  
Bacon makes it better.

Thank you Spin Dizzie. I'm on day 3 and I still feel like I have an 80 lb packback tied to my back. I moved the Lean and Green to lunch and that helped out a little bit.

The encouragement is appreciated Wannabelean, in fairness to the MF diet I have had virtually no cravings so far.

GardenGirl- WOW! You have had great results. I think the Peach Oatmeal and Chili are going bye-bye. I did a little bit better on the second day with the spiced pancakes and I love the chocolate pudding.
Old 09-04-2011, 09:14 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 239/231.8/160

Height: 5'5"

The oatmeal is better when you let it soak for about 5 minutes before puttingn it iun the microwave. I hated the oatmeal when I first tried it.....now I have the peach oatmeal almost everyday for breakfast....
bbpn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 09:31 AM   #9  
Shrinking Chick

S/C/G: 288/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

Hang in there, SkinnyBacon, it gets better soon! The first few days are rough, but then you really do start to feel good.

Don't be afraid to play with the prep of the foods. If you hated the oatmeal as is, try making a pancake with it - mix it with about 1/2 cup water. Most of the soups are better if you can let them sit for awhile before heating, and I think they all need some seasonings. The shakes will thicken up some if you stick them in the fridge for a couple hours before drinking. If you have a bullet-type blender or a sturdy stick blender, you can also make the shakes with a few ice cubes.

Keep up the good work!
Riddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 06:07 PM   #10  
Bacon makes it better.

bbpn- I tried your tip and it worked! Thank you so much. I ordered two boxes of peach oatmeal and I think I am going to get through them now.

Riddy- Thank you for the encouragement. I refrigerated a chocolate shake this afternoon and just had it. It was a big improvment.

Today is my 4th day and my energy is back. I actually did a Bikram yoga class (I'm a junkie). I didn't give it 100% effort and I felt fine afterwards. Several hours later, I'm still upbeat. I hope this energy level sticks. If so, the program is looking a little more positive.
Old 09-13-2011, 09:16 PM   #11  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey SkinnyBacon, how are you doing?

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote