Old 06-25-2011, 07:43 AM   #1  

S/C/G: See sig for ticker and blog

Height: 5' 2"

Default Advice on my planned Exercise Schedule

I plan to join Medifast when I come back to the US in August. But before I thought of that, I already had a fitness schedule in place.

Is the following too much for the Medifast diet?

1. Walk briskly 30 minutes 5 times a week for the first two weeks of the Medifast Program
2. After the 1st two week of the Medifast program, I plan to start the 8 week, 'Learn to Run' program, and continue to run 3 times a week after I have completed.
3. Simultaneously, I will do Jillian Michaels' "30 Day Shred"
4. After Shred, I will do Jillian Michael's "Ripped in 30"
5. After Ripped, I will join the group fitness classes till winter break (or continue with more of Jillian's workouts- it depends on where I am weight-wise, at that point).
6. During the winter, I will try to run at least 3 times a week, if not more.

I think core and strength is important because losing that much weight that fast would mean a lot of loose skin, and strength is the way to tone that up.

But I wonder if in combination with running, it might be too much. I don't want to cause my body too much more harm. I think I managed to do quite enough.

Thanks in advance for your advice.
painfullystoic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 09:35 AM   #2  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

My opinion is that it's too much, especially the Jillian stuff. You can improve your fitness without killing yourself. You may find that the first couple of days on Medifast, you won't have enough energy for "brisk" anything! It does get better but there is no sense in pushing it.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 01:20 PM   #3  

We'll see.

I'm currently doing a liquid diet kinda thing- low calorie- whatever. So I've been eating one egg with 1/2 cup of rice and veges (this is the only meal we're allowed on the diet) and drinking four high-protein "shake"-like things. I go to the gym for an hour everyday. I'm fine- I have since the day I started.

The lady who told me about it because it helped her said that it was hard to follow and that you feel so hungry and tired and stuff like that, but I haven't- at all. She also said that out of everyone she recommended the diet to, not one person has been able to stick to it, but I've done it for 2 weeks and 3 days (for the last two days I've been doing Jillian's High-Intensity Aerobics thing call Abolish Fat Metabolism Booster or something like that which is twice as long as 30 day shred and is all aerobics and has no strength training) and I'm doing fine.

I don't really get hungry or crave and stuff like that- I never have. I can go days without food and be fine. I don't do that, but I know that I can.
Old 06-25-2011, 03:39 PM   #4  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Well... you asked for advice, and that's mine. Most folks do what they want to do anyway. You'll know whether it's OK or not.

Jay

Last edited by JayEll; 06-25-2011 at 03:40 PM.
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 10:13 PM   #5  

Height: 5"1

They say you should cut back a little from your current exercise program as u adjust and then go to your regular workout, but it sounds like you already are doing quite a bit of exercise and doing a similar program so you should transition fairly easily.
artistnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 04:52 AM   #6  

Thanks JayEll and artistnic for your advice.