Old 05-29-2011, 03:36 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

I've found that although some of the food can be bland, the only things I've added stuff to is the pancakes (Walden's zero calorie maple syrup) and the eggs (Del Taco's Del Scorcho sauce). I do find that I get a strange aftertaste in my mouth, especially after the soups, so I often pop in a stick of gum to get rid of that.
I'm kind of excited--I ordered my 2nd month of food and handpicked everything (the first month I simply ordered the one month for men and one for women). I'm getting a little tired of chicken soups, so I'm looking forward to some new flavors.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 07:55 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 245/198/160

Height: 5'9

I definitely agree with Riddy, it does start to taste a lot better. The soups I make with 1/2 water and 1/2 V8 or chicken/veg broth and I cut up a little celery and mushroom to throw in as well. Takes them from being tolerable to being pretty enjoyable, and it feels a lot more satisfying.

I didn't like the banana shakes either, but I do the same as Riddy - about 1/2 ice, 1/2 water. For the flavors I don't like, I've used diet soda or coffee instead of water or put a little peanut butter into the shake. I really love the dutch chocolate shakes though, tastes just like a fudgesicle to me.

Some of the bars are crazy, I feel like I'm cheating when I eat them. They're all pretty good, but I crave the s'mores and peanut butter bars. I look forward to the smores bars, will definitely be buying those even after I finish losing the weight.
godown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 07:57 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

I've liked all the bars so far, and ordered different ones this time around. I'm thinking the bars are something I'd like to continue to have because they're easy and not nearly as calorie laden as what you find in the stores. I should do a little more label comparison, though.

Funny, I like the banana shake but not the vanilla. Vanilla tastes chalky.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 08:07 PM   #19  

I hated the vanilla! Blech! I can tolerate the banana, but I had a really hard time with vanilla. I tried mixing with diet coke and ice to hopefully get a coke float-ish result, but that was a fail. Mixing with coffee and some ice ended up tasting a lot like a frappuchino though. That helped me finish out the box.
Old 05-29-2011, 08:18 PM   #20  

With me, it's the mocha shakes. Ick. I can get through it if I add either sugar-free peanut butter syrup or some instant coffee powder. I should know to just stick with chocolate when it comes to shakes, lol.
SpinDizzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 08:54 PM   #21  
Summertime is time for me

S/C/G: 205/192/130

Height: 5'4"

Day 2 was not so bad. I had a bit of a head ache this morning. Coming off caffeine. I am addicted to it. I usually have 10 or more cups of tea a day.
I had Cream of Broccoli soup today and it was alright.
The Cranberry Mango drink was good. I had it semi frozen.
The Strawberry Shake reminds me of the stuff you gotta drink for medical tests. yuk. So I just pictured myself sipping ice tea on the beach in my thin body and chugged it down.
Like I told my dh...it's not about the fake food it's about the weight loss.
There will be plenty of time to eat yummy food again AFTER I reach my goals.

I had to set my phone with six alarms today because I forgot to eat lunch and then I had to squeeze my meals together.
My 8:45 alarm just went off so I will need to prepare my evening snack/meal.

Did I tell you all how happy I am to be surrounded by people who understand what I am trying to do and are here to listen to me rambling on.....

See you all later
Summer

Last edited by 101days; 05-31-2011 at 12:24 AM. Reason: typos
101days is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 09:45 AM   #22  

ok....the morning of Day3 and I am off to a good start. Blueberry Oatmeal for breakfast and a frozen Banana shake for mid morning..yum yum...
Seriously...after this plan my taste buds will be so confused that even my husbands cooking will taste good.....
But I am in it for the long haul.
i can do this
i can do this
i can do this

Last edited by 101days; 05-31-2011 at 12:25 AM.
Old 05-30-2011, 10:11 AM   #23  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hang in there, 101days!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 10:35 AM   #24  

Oh boy, I forgot all about the strawberry. I think I blocked it from my memory. That's the only way I got through it too, 101 :P

You're nearly through the rough patch! For me, the first 3 days were a bit rough, but I was just fine after. I'm only a little over a month in, and already I can't really see going back to eating all the junk I was before (at least not on a routine basis, hehe). Such an amazing feeling!
Old 05-30-2011, 10:48 PM   #25  
Shrinking Chick

S/C/G: 288/ticker/160

Keep up the good work, Summer!

I just went in and modified my next shipment - NEED MORE CHEESE PUFFS! I can't get over how good they are, and if I make myself eat them 1 at a time, they take quite a while to eat.

Definitely get some bars next month - they are just like real food to me.
Riddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 08:47 AM   #26  
Fluffy but Battle-Ready

S/C/G: 251.4/235.0/130

Height: 5'2"

Riddy, I didn't order any puffs with my first shipment (of a month's worth), because my mind couldn't take the thought of a tiny bag of diet "puffs" being a "whole meal."

But then almost right away after that, Medifast announced they were now selling single packets through their webpage. So, I ordered a whole mess of stuff I didn't get in my first month, single packets only, to try them, with the idea that for my second month, I'd be able to order only my favorites.

Anyway. So, I've had one bag of Parmesan and one bag of Chili Nacho. I found the Parmesan kind of... meh. Not terrible, but not Parmesan-y. However, I cannot LIVE without more Chili Nacho puffs! YUM!
MairsieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 11:10 AM   #27  

I'll have to get some samples of the bars, puffs, and pretzels. I'll just have to muster up my willpower so I don't eat them all in one day. The only way I can stick to this plan is by being very very strick about following the plan 100% and if these are allowed I guess I can work them in, as long as they are not too tempting. And if it turns out I like them maybe I'll use them as rewards after weekly weigh-ins.

on another note....

On another forum someone was talking about doctoring the shakes.
I do not understand why you would want to do that. It might make it taste better ...but wouldn't that change the nutritional value of the shake and throw the balance of the meal way off? Please enlighten me if there is something I am missing here.
Old 05-31-2011, 11:22 AM   #28  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

101days, you're not missing anything. I don't know why people doctor the shakes either.

People just have to mess with things, I guess. You'd think "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" would apply.

But along those lines--don't use extra food as a reward. That's not how Medifast works. Eat what you are supposed to eat and you'll do fine.

I think it's generally best to get away from using food as a reward for weight loss. That's like someone with a drug problem shooting up to celebrate being clean.

Jay
Old 05-31-2011, 12:45 PM   #29  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayEll View Post
That's not how Medifast works. Eat what you are supposed to eat and you'll do fine.

Jay
JayEll ... I didn't mean as an EXTRA reward. I meant I would include them in my daily meal plans only when I reach my mini goals. Instead of Oatmeal or Soup.
I am an OCD kind of gal. It's all or nuthin'....I am following the plan 100% .
Old 05-31-2011, 12:51 PM   #30  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

LOL! OK, gotcha!

Jay