Old 03-03-2011, 12:57 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 306/301/150

Height: 5'7"

Angry Been doing Medifast almost 3 weeks, wt. gain and a little weak?

I started MF on the 15th of Feb.. I have lost 14 lbs.. as of day 13, but now I am seeing the scales tip up just a little bit.. NOT what I am wanting to see. Granted, I am not just weighing once a week.. I just can't help it!! lol

I know I need to start working out... but I am still kind of weak feeling in my muscles when I try to do anything. Last night I did 10 squats in my kitchen holding onto the back of a chair... I did them ok, but by the time I was done, my legs felt like jello. Maybe that's normal?

I don't have a weight coach to call through Medifast/TSFL because I didn't buy my meals.. my best friend's mom gave them to me.

Suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks!
Pinkhorseofcourse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 01:36 PM   #2  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

I'm not doing MediFast so cannot help you with that, sorry.

However your squats- it is normal for your legs to feel like jello after doing squats. But keep in mind that the front of your legs should not be hurting or very sore- if they are, you are doing it wrong. You should be sore mostly in the back of your legs and make sure your knees don't go past your toes when you do your squats. GL!
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 01:37 PM   #3  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

No do not work out. You are only eating 800-1000 calories and have a huge deficit in calories as it is. Working out will only lower your metabolism and stall your loss IMO.

Medifast actually does not recommend working out for the first 3 weeks then if you do work out after it should be light exercise.

So theroretically at your weight you need 2430 calories to maintain. If you are eating 1000 calories a day you are getting a 1430 deficit. If you work out it'll be even more and that is just too much.

For me have been on Medifast 2 months, I've lost 16 lbs, and the two weeks I worked out I lost ZERO lbs and I'm very sure my deficit was just too high so my body slowed down my metabolism to compensate. When I stopped working out the weight started coming off again.

Go to mymedifast.com and it's free to sign up- there are lists that you can look at like the snack list (under success tools and eat right).

I allow myself a snack on days I need it- and my snack is usually 1 tbsp of pb.

Continue on plan, don't do more exercise than a brisk walk or outdoor activity and when you get closer to goal then start exercising.

For me I have 55 more lbs to go and don't plan on working out again until I stall- which thankfully hasn't happened yet!
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 01:43 PM   #4  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

Oops- listen to Beerab! I did say I was not doing Medifast so my mistake.
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 01:56 PM   #5  

Thanks amandie!!

And beerab... thanks for the input. I know you are probably right.. but I just feel so LAZY.. I feel like I should so be doing something. UGH. My biggest fear is I am going to lose all this weight and be just one big bag of ugly loose skin. I am going to check out that website though.. thank you so much!!!

PS: If I can't really exercise, could I at least start doing some toning exercises?? Anything... like I said, I just feel so lazy.. and I can't stand it.
Old 03-03-2011, 02:20 PM   #6  
Soul Cyster

I still wait one more week then if you do add toning exercises remember to not do the same thing daily because you need to give your muscles rest. So do upper body one day, lower the next, then a day of rest, then repeat.

Also one thing that can help with loose skin is to make sure to hydrate your skin with lotion- preferably something with vitamin E, I use palmer's lotion- it's great
Old 03-03-2011, 02:58 PM   #7  

Thanks again beerab!! I need to find some good toning exercises to do.. do you know of any good websites that have what I should be doing? Also, thanks for the name of that body lotion.. I currently use body lotion every time I get out of the shower.. but maybe something more often.. like a couple times a day might be helpful.
Old 03-03-2011, 06:25 PM   #8  

Contact your best friend's mom's coach and ask if they will coach you. They would be nuts not to work with someone already going through the process on their own. Stay on the 5 and 1 plan with focus - you can see that it is obviously working.

Only mild exercise to burn calories but don't stress the muscles. There is plenty of time for that after you hit your goal.

If you are maintaining a calorie deficit, an up-tic on the scale is only a measurement error. Ignore it. Mine doesn't drop for two days, and then there is another lb or more.
CutToTheChase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 09:03 PM   #9  

Thanks CutToTheChase! I also considered getting ahold of my old coach.. the one I had when I tried, (and failed) Medifast a couple years ago.

And yes, I know you are right.. it is definitely working. I am just so impatient.
Old 03-06-2011, 06:02 PM   #10  

Medifast is not anti-exercise. They say not to exercise in the first three weeks if you HAVEN'T been exercising.

If you're already someone who's used to exercising, then you can do about 30 minutes at a time.
Valerieincalifornia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 02:03 PM   #11  
Soul Cyster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerieincalifornia View Post
Medifast is not anti-exercise. They say not to exercise in the first three weeks if you HAVEN'T been exercising.

If you're already someone who's used to exercising, then you can do about 30 minutes at a time.
The OP states in her first post she knows she needs to start working out- hence why I said don't work out yet.

OP don't be impatient- I find from my reading of the MF boards most people do better with just following the plan and adding exercise later as they are closer to goal. I've got 55 lbs left and plan to only workout when I feel it's necessary Probably in another 20-30 lbs You've got over 100 lbs left to go- let your body work out some fat for a while!

Last edited by beerab; 03-08-2011 at 02:04 PM.
Old 03-11-2011, 01:18 AM   #12  

Thanks again Beerab!! I am going to start walking.. once the weather gets a little nice.. but other than that, I am not going to stress too much... I know I have to be patient.. but that is not one of my strong suits.. lol