Old 02-11-2010, 02:55 PM   #1  

Question Newbie with questions???

Ok so I placed my order for Medifast yesterday. I have never done this diet before but I'm excited for something to come that will finally work. I'm praying that I don't get hungry during this diet and that I can tolerate the foods. It's my understanding that I eat 5 of the medifast items throughout the day and then have this lean and green meal is this correct? I'd appreciate all and any advice on how this program works and how to stick to it. Also would love to hear success stories to help motivate me!!!! Thank you.
Melissa
peyton0914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 07:32 AM   #2  

S/C/G: ?/136/125

Height: 5'5"

I've only be doing the program for just over a week, but it's been working just fine. I usually have oatmeal for breakfast, a bar mid-morning, soup and a shake at lunch time and then a lean and green dinner with either a shake before or pudding after. I'm down 4 pounds or so, but started right after losing a couple of pounds. I haven't been any more hungry than I was at times when I wasn't dieting. I make sure my lean and green is fish or chicken breast so I can have a larger portion. I haven't done anything with recipes yet, but I'm having no problem staying on the program. I have about 30 pounds to lose. Good luck to you. Like most diets, so much of it is in our heads. Just make the commitment and do it!
karenrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 10:00 AM   #3  

Default A little encouragement

peyton0914, if you're looking for Medifast motivation, head over to their Facebook page or the MyMedifast forums through Medifast's Web site. People who are on plan are so dedicated and love cheering on others!
RLibby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 10:17 AM   #4  

Height: 5'5.5"

I've been on medifast for 2 1/2 month and lost about 45lb. I LOVE medifast. It is so easy to stick to and I do not feel hungry throughout the day. The first few weeks were rough for me but it got so much easier.

Your right about the plan. It has 5 medifast products plus 1 lean and green meal spread throughout the day. This keeps your blood sugar levels very consistent and helps keep cravings away.

When I started medifast I was in the high risk obese category so I went to the doctor for a full checkup including a look at how my heart was functioning. I highly recommend this to all newbies if you can manage it.

If you don't like vegetables check out the "Veggie Challenged" forum. I didn't like any vegetable but canned green beans when I started. Now I've found about 6 vegetables that I love and I am still trying new stuff.

Good luck. Keep us updated on your progress.

Last edited by LizR; 02-12-2010 at 10:18 AM.
LizR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 10:51 AM   #5  

Oh you all have been very helpful. I have done Nutrisystem, Jenny Craig, weight watchers you name it and have been unable to stick to them all. I'm really looking forward to trying this new lifestyle change out. I am going to be 100% dedicated. I have about 80-90 lbs to lose and I have seen nothing but good reviews from you all. thank you for letting me know it's on facebook I'm going to join the group. Also, if you want to join me on facebook please look me up under my name Melissa Skerritt-Platt Thank you again.
Old 02-12-2010, 06:46 PM   #6  

I'm super excited my order came today already. First time I plan to start a change on a Saturday but I am going to do it!!! I joined on facebook as well.
Old 02-14-2010, 03:19 PM   #7  
Proud Grandmother!

S/C/G: 330/262/170

Height: 5'7"

You go girl! You can do this!

I just posted a thread telling how discouraged I was before starting medifast. It's given me hope, encouragement and weight loss.
TXNana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 08:50 PM   #8  
Miss Shotcaller

S/C/G: 240/230/170

Height: 5'6

Im new with you guys as well... And joined on Facebook!! Looking forward to the changes and loss!!
Miss Shotcaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 10:20 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 289/165/125

Height: 5'3

You are going to love it. The first few weeks are the hardest, after that, the results keep you motivated. Keep us posted!
Blonde Hollander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 05:01 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 146.8/143.6/130

Height: 5'6

I'm on my 2nd day of MediFast. Its alright. The food isn't too great, but what diet food does taste good. It is very easy to follow though. I have been getting headaches but I heard they were normal because your body is "detoxing." I have to pop a few tylonel but after that I'm fine. I'm only on MF for 2 weeks to drop a few pounds I gained eating too much fast food for my senior prom. I heard the first couple of days are the hardest, so I'm hoping it gets easier!
tayloreve is offline   Reply With Quote