Old 10-02-2009, 09:08 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 156/151/130

Height: 5'5"

Default Newbie next week...

Hi everyone! I wanted to join in here since I will be getting my order some time next week. I ordered it this past Tuesday and I'm chomping at the bit to get started. I've been reading and reading this forum and everything I can get my hands on about Medifast.

I used to be able to eat a very clean diet and lose weight, but not any more. I've had some challenges this year with my health. I've had thyroid problems, adrenal fatigue, menopause issues, knee surgery (torn meniscus) and major stress. My mother-in-law passed away in February from pancreatic cancer. I was the main caregiver. We were really close.

I now have all these issues worked out and everything is back in balance and I want to get off this extra weight. I have about 20-30 pounds to lose, but I feel so miserable with this extra weight I'm carrying around. My clothes are tight and I don't like the way I feel or look.

I know you have to have your head in the game and I am there. I just need my stuff. I'm really pumped thanks to all of you and your posts.

Last edited by Sherry in MO; 10-05-2009 at 02:13 PM.
Sherry in MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 09:01 AM   #2  

Good luck! I also have thyroid issues and this diet works. It is a slow, steady, weight loss. Stick with it and let me know if you need anything!
mommyto4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 12:58 PM   #3  
USMC Proud Wife

S/C/G: 198/184.2/128

Height: 5'1

Good Luck!!! I start next week also...I can't wait to be a big loser....:P
lose4good04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 05:58 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 207/180/145

Default I start tomorrow

Hope it is ok if I join in also.

My order arrived Friday. I start tomorrow. I'm really excited. I've never tried anything like this before. I always returned back to weight watchers. It's just not doing it this time. Good Luck all!!
DebbieC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 10:22 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieC View Post
Hope it is ok if I join in also.

My order arrived Friday. I start tomorrow. I'm really excited. I've never tried anything like this before. I always returned back to weight watchers. It's just not doing it this time. Good Luck all!!
Welcome Debbie and good luck!!! The first couple of days are hard, drink a lot of water to stay full. I hate water so I drink a lot of crystal light peach tea.
I didnt even eat all of my meals tonight and I am not hungry at all- the hunger will pass in 2 or 3 days.
Let me know if you need anything!!!
Old 10-05-2009, 08:13 AM   #6  

Hi all-thanks for your responses. I went to my thyroid doctor on Friday and she is an advisor for Medifast and gave me enough stuff to start right then. I started at noon on Friday and this morning I'm down 4 pounds. I'm really shocked. Nothing I've done recently has worked. I can eat a very clean strict diet and not drop a pound, so I really am surprised.

I'm really anxious to get my order tomorrow.

Thanks for all your help.
Old 10-06-2009, 05:32 PM   #7  

Awesome, keep us posted.
Old 10-06-2009, 06:22 PM   #8  

Height: 5'7"

Hey there ladies,

I'm wanting to get back on the medifast program again. I did it last year and really like it. I'm a slow loser and medifast has been what has worked the best for me, although still slow compared to what many others lose.

My diabetes has gotten out of control and although I've been strick with my diet it's still not getting it under control. So, I want to restart with Medifast. I'm having a medical issue at the moment that is holding me off untill we find out if I need surgery. Which brings me to ask......

Sherry,

I see that you mentioned you had knee surgery, a torn meniscus. That is what I'm dealing with too. I really would like to talk to you about it but I know that this is not the place to do so. But, we neither can pm yet so I don't know how we could discuss it in private. Any suggestions from any of the old timers on the board as to how I could reach Sherry privately, that is if she is willing to correspond with me? I am really scared of the surgery idea, have no medical insurance, haven't went for the MRIs yet....but I have to do something soon, I can't even straighten my leg, nor walk on it.

Anyways, I really would like to get started on Medifast now to see if it will lower my glucose numbers without a change in meds. Then again, if I am going to need surgery soon...I need to wait until that is over and I'm recovered.

Good luck to all of the ladies just starting out and to those that are contining on the path of wellness.

b' sweet y'all
Tapestry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 01:32 AM   #9  

Sorry about the mom in law. I missed that first read. I know how it feels and it sucks. DO this for yourself; I think it will help you a lot, too.
sidrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 08:42 AM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapestry View Post
Hey there ladies,

Sherry,

I see that you mentioned you had knee surgery, a torn meniscus. That is what I'm dealing with too. I really would like to talk to you about it but I know that this is not the place to do so. But, we neither can pm yet so I don't know how we could discuss it in private. Any suggestions from any of the old timers on the board as to how I could reach Sherry privately, that is if she is willing to correspond with me? I am really scared of the surgery idea, have no medical insurance, haven't went for the MRIs yet....but I have to do something soon, I can't even straighten my leg, nor walk on it.
Let's get some posting done so we can pm each other. This board needs some action anyway!!!

I had the MRI and x-rays and neither one showed the torn meniscus. The doctor could tell by the way he twisted my leg around and my reaction. He really did exploritory surgery because of it not showing up. He almost didn't find it. He said it had torn and the flapping part ended folded under my knee cap. He said there wasn't anything other than surgery that could have fixed that. He also had to clean up the inside of my knee. He said there was a lot of wear & tear there.

So if you have a torn Meniscus, you can't fix it any other way than surgery.

Keep posting so we can talk.
Old 10-07-2009, 08:52 AM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidrah View Post
Sorry about the mom in law. I missed that first read. I know how it feels and it sucks. DO this for yourself; I think it will help you a lot, too.
Thanks sidrah it does suck. I was closer to her than I was my mom unfortunately. Don't get me wrong, I loved my mom too. My mom also died 2years ago in January from cancer as well. Hers went so fast that we weren't able to find out what kind she had. I also spent her last 11 days taking care of her.

With both moms passing, we had stepdads to deal with also. Not fun-additional stress my body did not.
Old 10-07-2009, 02:37 PM   #12  

Hey there ladies,

How are the newbies coming along? Liking the food? The cool thing for me was that once you get into that fat burning state, I wasn't ever hungry anymore.

I was on medifast last year for 3 months and lost about 30 lbs., which is good for me. Then I wanted to take a break and get back to eating some real clean food but still dieting. My goal was to switch back and forth every 3 months until I lost all of my weight. That didn't happen. As soon as I started eating normal food the weight came back on...and fast, real fast.
Didn't make any sense because I was still under 1,000 calories. So, I caved under stress and gave all of it up and gained it all back. Now my sugar numbers are out of the ballpark and I have been eating very good and clean for about 3 months now. Still only a slight loss and my numbers are still way too high. So, I'm wanting to see if Medifast will bring them down plus start losing again.

Stay strong ladies and b' sweet y'all
Old 10-07-2009, 02:48 PM   #13  

Hey there Sherry,

Thanks for responding to my message. Yes, I would like to be about to talk to you more about the knee surgery. I've had the exam from the Ortho too, and that is what he has diagnosed but told me I need to have MRIs before he could go any further. Will stick to the topic of Medifast untill we can pm.

Okay, more posting coming at ya'...gotta get these numbers up, huh?

b' sweet
Old 10-07-2009, 03:04 PM   #14  

Hey SHERRY,

Looks like you're off to a good start with the weight loss. How do you like your new food supply? Wow, how sweet that your doctor is a health advisor too. I listen in on the Doctors Call each week to see if there is any info I can use. That's where I heard that if you're having surgery soon to wait untill you are recovered from it before starting Medifast.

Is it 10 posts we need?

NEXT--------
Old 10-07-2009, 03:12 PM   #15  

Hey there..........Sherry!

I've had two best friends named Sherry. One was a childhood friend, Sheri.
The other one was about 20 years ago, Sherry, until she moved back to her home state of OK. Then we lost touch with each other...that was before internet was at our fingertips.

b' sweet

Moving on and counting..........