Old 01-01-2016, 01:45 AM   #1  

Default Drinking alcohol while on Medifast?

I know drinking alcohol on MF is a big no-no! I understand ketosis and that drinking alcohol causes your body to metabolize alcohol first and store your food as fat. I've been on MF for about a month and a half without any cheating and I'm very satisfied with my weight loss. However, my 21st birthday is coming up in the next week and considering the circumstances, I'm very tempted to drink. My willpower has been very strong so far, but I'm a college student and I don't know if my will power is strong enough to withstand the temptation of drinking a fair amount on my 21st birthday. I'm just looking for some advice or some personal experiences with drinking alcohol on MF. Will it make or break me? I hate that I'm going to feel guilty about drinking on my birthday.
americanmarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 01:25 PM   #2  

AmericanMarie,
I know that while I have been on program I allowed myself cheat weekends. I was never 100% committed I didnt have them every weekend but I did have them. I am stronged willed and during this journey I have been able to find a balance. If you are strong enough to get back on the saddle after your birthday then you should. If you do not think you can then I would advise against it.
Good Luck and HBD!
Richy37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 01:40 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 214/195/165

Height: 5'4"

Be very careful, because it is not just getting out of ketosis, but adding that toxin in can be very dangerous. I would be more concerned about the health effects of adding in alcohol, especially if you haven't strayed yet and so are in this very particular state, than being able to bounce back. It can also be rough on your digestive system to just transition to normal food immediately, so I would also worry that drinking would cause you to eat more food and that could be bad for you and cause some digestive issues. Maybe throw a big birthday bash for yourself when you are off fasting and onto regular food? You can still have a big celebration but won't hurt yourself or get in the way of all the hard earned progress. Good luck.
HaveDogWillDiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2022, 11:44 AM   #4  

Well, if it's your birthday, you can drink a glass of wine or beer, nothing will happen to you, the main thing is not to abuse alcohol, because it can have a bad effect on your health. I know this, I also used to drink with friends every day when I was young, and I thought it was cool.
Shkurka is offline   Reply With Quote