Old 05-07-2009, 03:16 PM   #1  

Height: 5'6

Default Bars... what is right?

I know we have a post on here about having one (yellow wrapper) bar a day or more....

My health coach just emailed me today that on the Doctors Call last night for Medifast they said you can only have 1 a day, no more than 2 or 3 shakes a day because having more than 1 bar a day can slow down your weight loss.

I changed my meals this week to have 2 bars and 3 shakes a day...

Has anyone experienced slow weight loss just being on bars or being on bars and shakes???

Thanks

Stephanie
stocco88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 01:05 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 285/150/135

Height: 5'4"

You can have up to five crunch bars in the yellow wrappers each day. Some people feel the crunch bars slow down weight loss, but I don't know if that's true. I use more than 1 a day and have been losing each week. I say use items that you enjoy eating and can keep you satisfied- use what works for you, everyone is different!
onesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 10:35 PM   #3  
Let's go LEAN!

S/C/G: 185/ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

Agree with Onesy- those Crunch bars are not limited to one per day- the "old bars", now called "maintenance bars", are the one only per day. Everyone just got flipped out over the sugar subsitute "malitol" in the crunch bars and were hyper-scrutinizing the new product. I've since been having BariWise crunch bars with 18-21 g. carbs and 160-190 cals per bar and can still lose weight on those even. There's no limit on MF shakes- Just watch your overall daily carb count, and calorie count!
AshleyA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 04:48 AM   #4  

On days I do all Medifast I will have 6 products. 3 are always shakes, 1 is a bar, 1 is a soup and the 5th one varies. lol Sometimes its eggs, sometimes its another shake. I am addicted to the dark chocolate shakes so I could be happy my whole life on those. But I have my shakes mixed up in the Medifast healthmate blender only. No shaker jar use for me. The shakes dont taste good that way in my opinion.
Suzie is offline   Reply With Quote