Old 03-15-2009, 09:48 PM   #31  
helpingrachel

Jumping in and starting WS tomorrow. Have the shakes and plan to check in everyday with all of you. Looking forward to journeying to a better shape before summer!
helping rachel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 07:35 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 275/ticker/150

Height: 5'8

Back2Basics -- NLD is the same thing basically as WS, they have a website if you want to check it out.

Operator -- Congrats on the 50 lb mark and the fitting into a size 12! I don't even know the last time i fit into a size 12, maybe 6th grade (at least i was the same height then as i am now)

Rachel -- Good luck and hope to hear about your progress. I am still waiting for my shipment to come in.

Have a good Monday ladies!

Oh i have a question..how many posts do you need to do before they give you a signature or ticker?? Thanks.
Jennifer28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 09:08 AM   #33  
Operator265

20 posts and 20 days
Old 03-16-2009, 12:19 PM   #34  

Thanks!

Oh and congrats on 4 days without smoking!
Old 03-16-2009, 08:26 PM   #35  
I'm bringing sexy back

HR- Hope your first day on WS went well.

Jennifer- Thanks for the info-- I may look at it to see the difference.

Operator-- I agree-- congrats on your success with not smoking!

Day 4 of WS went really really well! I think I figured out a routine with the shakes. This morning I made a pitcher (3 packs)-- I combined one flavor that isn't my favorite, along with 2 other packets of a flavor I do like. ( Ha-- I don't want to mess around with returning the product for another flavor--I'll just know better for next time.) Anyway, I drank what I needed for breakfast and the other 2 servings I placed into a jug and put it in the freezer when I got to work...so my mid-morning and mid-afternoon shakes were yummy AND already made.

Okay-- 4 days down and ONLY 80 more days to go on the 12 week supply
Back2Basics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 07:20 AM   #36  

Happy St. Patties Day Everyone!

Back2Basics --- that sounds like what I will have to do, that or do individual containers if i have different flavors that i want. Im still waiting for my package, so we will see what i like and what i dont. haha

ok well i am keeping this short i have to get the corned beef and cabbage in the crockpot before work so its ready for tonight!

Last edited by Jennifer28; 03-17-2009 at 08:14 AM.
Old 03-17-2009, 08:34 AM   #37  
helpingrachel

Good Morning Ladies.

Operator: Great Job on the 50 lb Mark. What hard work you must have put in to get to that point. How does it feel?

Jennifer: I am with you on the strawberry shake. I don't care much for them but love, love the mocha. I am addicted to the shakes. I just love having them and they are just right for me. I am unlearning bad eating habits so the plan isn't as hard as the mental thought changes.

Back2basics: Love your name...joining you in doing just that getting back to the basics and letting food be the nourishment and not my comfort or entertainment.

Do you ladies want to come up with some type of team goal or encouraging focus to help us stay strong and on plan. Think about this and let's see how we can support each other for the long haul.

Off to school be back around 4.

R
Old 03-18-2009, 02:52 PM   #38  
I'm bringing sexy back

Jennifer- Happy Belated St Paddy's day to you! I have to admit I cheated yesterday...I couldn't pass up having a Guinness

HR- Thanks, yes definitely it is back to basics...I know what I need to do, just needed the motivation to get it started! I love the idea of coming up with a goal-- I'm at work right now, so I'll keep it in mind to come up with an idea as well.

Happy Wednesday!
Back2Basics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 11:04 PM   #39  
helpingrachel

Hi ladies:

Had a good day today. Still sticking to plan and needing to start exercising. I just have a bad attitude when it come to sweating. I need a new mindset for this. I will reorder some new food on Monday. Went to grocery store and stocked up on fruit and salad last night. Baked some lemon pepper chicken for salad and lunches. My fellow workers get sick of me bringing tuna salad all the time.

Talk with you all later.

R
Old 03-19-2009, 07:52 AM   #40  

Back2Basics---- hmm well you cheated with a beer, not like you gorged out on cake and ice cream! haha So when do you do your first weigh in? Im excited to see how much you lost

Rachel---Is it the smell of the tuna they are sick of? I work with this one woman who brings in fish like 3 times a week and she stinks up the kitchen and the halls so bad we can smell it all the way down to our cubes (which is through 3 glass doors to get to!). Lemon Pepper chicken is yummy though!

OK well ladies i hope you had a good day. I have to spend the day in the hospital as my dads going in for surgery .

Last edited by Jennifer28; 03-19-2009 at 07:52 AM.
Old 03-19-2009, 08:36 AM   #41  
helpingrachel

Jennifer: Sending hugs and prayers for your Dad and his surgery. Hope all goes well with him.

Yes, I bring tuna salad every once in a while, as it is healthy, high in protein and low cals. I don't bring that much and it doesn't smell up the whole school but still when I open my container I do apologize. My other workers don't think it is that bad. I can understand about the strong odors and not being sensitive to other workers.

I am having a good week with staying on food plan. I am making it a goal to work out at least 30 minutes a day. I have to start somewhere. This is a goal that I am saying out loud to all of you and will report on my progress.

Working a benefit this weekend and making BBQ baked beans for 150 people. Hope to be able to share my plans for this weekend.

Have a good day ladies.
Old 03-19-2009, 08:40 AM   #42  
helpingrachel

Back to Basics:

What about sharing 10 reasons we want to lose weight and post them so we can see it and we could support each other. One of my basic reasons is to be
able to wear a simple pair of pants with a shirt without feeling self conscious.

I have several friends that have lost 40 plus pounds on MRC. I don't want to pay $115 a week and know that I can do this if I stay focused and get all my elements in place to lose. Accountability is one of the reasons that i am posting.
Old 03-19-2009, 10:18 PM   #43  

Thanks Rachel...he came out of surgery with flying colors and had no complications which he needed. He has a boat load of issues going on so having this first surgery go well was something i think he needed to boost his confidence and stay focused.
Old 03-20-2009, 08:51 AM   #44  
helpingrachel

Ok going to post some of my goals.....

I want to lose weight so I can get a pair of jeans to fit comfortably without having to hid my hips and bum.

to be healthy and look good for my son's graduation in May

to join the other 3 women SD, JA and JB who have lost 40 plus pounds each and can show me that you can eat on plan and live and love life.

I like the energy that I feel when I don't overeat and stick to the plan.

This is a start and will post others so that I know this is worth it to me vs a cheeseburger or unhealthy drink.

tired of looking and feeling frumpy.....
Old 03-20-2009, 08:52 AM   #45  
helpingrachel

Jennifer: Glad to hear that you Dad came thru surgery good!