Old 02-01-2009, 07:43 AM   #1  
Blue Blood

S/C/G: 293/274/150

Height: 5'10"

Default February Medifast/Wonderslim/New Lifestyle etc. Chat

Happy February Chickies!

Maybe we can't rename the forum...but we can name the monthly chat whatever we like!

I gotta admit I have not started out 2009 the best...The weather has really affected my eating. So far I have gone unplanned off plan at least once a week. So February will be my month to start shining again. I have to deal with my birthday...but that will be a planned day off. The rest of the month will be full steam ahead.

To help me along, I joined a gym this weekend. It's a little intimidating..but once I get warmed up, I think it will really help with the jigglies I have developed after 80 lbs!

Hope everyone else is OP and enjoying 2009!
djay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 06:25 PM   #2  
Operator265

Hi everybody.

Well, this has been kind of a crappy week. Starting back up on graves has been tough and a little confusing, but I'm getting it worked out. I also had a hair appointment which led to a completely off plan day. Woke up late, ran out the door w/o eating and stuck on the other side of town for a 4 hr. perm. Only thing to eat were these empanadas and boy were they good.

Oh well, next week I'm on days and blast crew. I'll get plenty of exercise and get my plan in order. When I started before, I was in training on straight days for a month so it worked out great. But, I can do it. I know I can.

Good Luck All! I'll get back with you tomorrow for my official weigh in.
Old 02-01-2009, 11:20 PM   #3  
A pound lost is a gain!

S/C/G: 265/194.5/170

Height: 5'7"

New month and onward we go!

djay - my birthday is this month too - actually this Friday. It will be just another day for me. My family wanted to take me out but no thanks! I do not trust myself to go off plan for a meal, much less a day. Gifts are fine but no food celebrations for this gal!

operator - I don't know how you do the switching in shifts - my body would never adjust! I am a creature of habit and like things to remain the same.

Hope everyone has a great week and remember each day brings us either closer to our goal or another step in the wrong direction. Put your head down and head for the goal post!

Jacque
jakebabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 07:48 AM   #4  
Blue Blood

S/C/G: 293/274/150

Height: 5'10"

g'mornin girls,

just checking in with my pledge to stay OP this week and go to the gym every day...except...saturday...sorry Jacque...but I'm going off plan for my birthday! we all need a party sometimes!

Operator...stick with it! mids are hard on the body and mind. hope days work better for you! i used to have to jump around from shift to shift like that...i couldn't sustain it. i only lasted 2 years. then had to find a job with stable hours! how long will you have to keep switching shifts like that?

well...
I owe, I owe...so off to work I go...

DJ
djay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 09:37 AM   #5  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

Hello all! - nothing new to report! - just wanted to pop in & say HELLO!
Beach Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 03:37 PM   #6  
Winning the losing game

Height: 5'7"

Default Medifast is working...so far so good

Hi everyone,
I'm a guy...are there any others on this board? I haven't checked. Anyway...I've been on Medifast now for almost two weeks. I've lost 19 pounds which is totally amazing to me.

I have been on EVERY diet known to man, but I'm telling you, this one is working. Once I figured out how to "tweak" the Medifast food, it was much easier.

For me this a do-or-not diet proposition. Medifast must work. So, I'm sticking to it, foregoing any cheating of any kind and see what happens.

I started at 314 two weeks ago and now I'm down to 295. Another 100+pounds to go.

Show me some love!
littlebigtex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 04:03 PM   #7  

Whooo Hoooo! Great job littlebigtex!

I'm getting ready to start Wonderslim or Medifast (still can't decide) and everyone's success stories are awesome to hear!

Wendy

Last edited by wendykm; 02-02-2009 at 04:04 PM.
wendykm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 05:40 PM   #8  
Nutrisystem

S/C/G: 191/191/140

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Talking Hello From Colorado

I am on the 1200 WonderSlim way of eating. I am on my 4th day and feeling great. I am so glad everyone is doing well. I can't exercise for a little while due to some oral surgery. I will be starting with my Wii system and great Leslie Sansone tapes. I will due my first weigh in on Friday.

Wishing everyone a healthy life.

Melanie in Colorado
Melsie52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 06:47 PM   #9  
Operator265

Tex-Welcome, there is a Men's support thread under the Weight Loss Support Forum. Wouldn't mention this program or the amount of cals your on for a bit till you get used to navigating things around here Others can be goofy about it. Good Luck. Here's the link http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=161900

I just came on real quick to send up my 1.6 lb loss. Not great, but considering the way this week went. I'll take it. Gotta get ready for work. Good Work Everybody!!!

Last edited by Operator265; 02-02-2009 at 06:51 PM.
Old 02-03-2009, 05:05 PM   #10  
MF'er

S/C/G: See ticker

Height: 5'2" (5'3" on a big hair day)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Operator265 View Post
Wouldn't mention this program or the amount of cals your on for a bit till you get used to navigating things around here Others can be goofy about it.
It's stuff like that that makes me want to stay on the MF board and drop this site all together. Its ridiculous. I don't go into other programs telling people to switch to MF or WS. Why is it ok for them to come over here and tell us MF/WS is no good?
MsFB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 08:21 PM   #11  
Operator265

Most of the folks here are really supportive, honest. But, we do get a few who get out of line. But, it's like that in most areas of life. There are some people at work who I can't discuss it with. But the ones who are supportive make it worth it.
Old 02-04-2009, 11:38 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 287/245/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsFB View Post
It's stuff like that that makes me want to stay on the MF board and drop this site all together. Its ridiculous. I don't go into other programs telling people to switch to MF or WS. Why is it ok for them to come over here and tell us MF/WS is no good?
There are a group of folks on the Medifast board that are downright rude and obnoxious. I know because I was on Medifast for 10 months. People are human and at times they slip up. While the 100% on plan all the time is what we strive for, sometimes it doesnt happen, and that particular group on the Medifast board goes out and attacks and insults people that have at times slipped. So while there may be rude people on this site opposing Medifast, WOnderslim, Optifast, etc, there are also people on the Medifast board that are abusive too. If I go off plan, then that is MY BUSINESS and not theirs. I don't advocate going off plan but for some people it happens. If those MF'ers were so perfect then they would not have needed MF to begin with. Most of those T&M from that group even said that they had to go back on 5&1 because of the holidays. Too bad they don't practice what they preach.

I truly believe that a weight loss plan is a very personal thing and we all have to follow whichever plan works for us. Medifast worked for me. I tried WW but it did not work for me. I think WW is a great plan but it was not for me. I would not bash anyone wanting to do WW or any other plan. I would not ever consider weight loss surgery and I cringe at the thought but it may be OK for someone else. I would not use anything like Meridia or Phentermine but I would not attack anyone who feels that they need it. Isn't that what freedom is all about? Choices?? It just gets scary when some people preach their diet rhetoric like a religion.

Last edited by GETTINGTOGOALIN2009; 02-04-2009 at 11:42 AM. Reason: spelling error
GETTINGTOGOALIN2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 11:44 AM   #13  

That is great! You must feel fantastic. Keep up the good work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlebigtex View Post
Hi everyone,
I'm a guy...are there any others on this board? I haven't checked. Anyway...I've been on Medifast now for almost two weeks. I've lost 19 pounds which is totally amazing to me.

I have been on EVERY diet known to man, but I'm telling you, this one is working. Once I figured out how to "tweak" the Medifast food, it was much easier.

For me this a do-or-not diet proposition. Medifast must work. So, I'm sticking to it, foregoing any cheating of any kind and see what happens.

I started at 314 two weeks ago and now I'm down to 295. Another 100+pounds to go.

Show me some love!
Old 02-04-2009, 11:51 AM   #14  

It is great that we can have forum where we can all come together to support each other. For the most part the folks that are regulars on this thread are very supportive. I see that at time people that are on other plans & threads venture over here and get a bit snarky about how we are losing our weight.

I was on Medifast for 10 months and it worked well for me. WW was not budging an ounce off of me. I think WW is great and I will most likely follow that in maintenance but it was not working for me as a weightloss program

I am now finishing up with Optifast. We all have to do what works for us!

How is the Wonderslim going? My friend is doing Wonderslim/New Lifestyle and she loves it. Said one of her favorites is the cheescake pudding. It sounds yummy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Operator265 View Post
Most of the folks here are really supportive, honest. But, we do get a few who get out of line. But, it's like that in most areas of life. There are some people at work who I can't discuss it with. But the ones who are supportive make it worth it.
Old 02-05-2009, 12:15 AM   #15  
Crazy fibre chick

S/C/G: 260/235/140

Height: 5'5-1/2"

Default diet pride/goofiness

It's kind of funny how being on a plan that works for a person can sometimes turn them into fanatics. I have a friend who is on WW, and has done wonderfully on it (70 lb.s gone so far), and I am delighted for her. What a lot of Hard Work! But when she found out I was going on Medifast, the conversation turned into a recruitment/interrogation! I actually felt GUILTY for thanking her but politely declining her invitation to join WW!! Weird. I've been on WW when I was in my late teens, although I know it's changed. It's always been a good, health promoting program, but I really need the structure and nutrient balance, and ease of use Medifast offers. Don't ask me why I suddenly had to justify my carefully researched and considered decision on the spot like that--but it has given me a chuckle or two since then, thinking about it in retrospect. And defending my decision to another, however amiably, actually helped my resolve. Go figure.
voluptuous6 is offline   Reply With Quote