Old 01-13-2009, 07:14 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 219/157/128

Height: 5'6"

Default I've hit a plateau! Advice appreciated!

Hi Everyone,

I had to go off Medifast for about two weeks in December because I came down with a respiratory infection and was very weak and taking a few different medications. My primary care doc thought I should up my calorie intake and eat a bit more during this time, so I reluctantly did.

I was completely better with in about a week and a half and I resumed Medifast, I also began working out. I see inch loss in different parts of my body, but the scale won't budge! I know it's not uncommon to plateau, but I wonder if anyone has any specific advice about getting through a plateau on Medifast.

Thanks so much for any advice!

Wendy
purpleplaydoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 11:59 PM   #2  
Operator265

You're at 175 down from 219 and still seeing "inch losses". I say "Chill Baby Girl" You are doing GREAT!!!! Especially after being sick.

We get spoiled on MF. Gettin the quick loss can give us a bit of a high. Like floating on a pink cloud. Now ya gotta little reality to deal with. So deal with it!

Look where you were. Now, look were you are.

Thinking......

Thinking......

Thinking......

Thinking......

Thinking......

Helluva lot further than you coulda been, huh? Now, give yourself a break, be grateful for where you are and move on from here.

You got it in ya. I know it and so do you. So pick up and move on!!!!

Love ya Sweetie!!!

Last edited by Operator265; 01-14-2009 at 12:05 AM.
Old 01-14-2009, 01:51 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 212/212/150

Height: 5'4"

you might be toning more if you are seeing inches loss. Thats a good thing evenually you will see a loss. I think you body is sculping
nogames1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 02:00 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 212/212/150

Purpleplaydough,

I love your stats did you follow the program to a tee? I'm having trouble eating some MF items. the only items I like are bars, some soups and shakes I'm getting kinda bored now. I've been on Medifast for 2 weeks now. My nutrionist said I can eat fat free suger free yogurt as one of the meal replacements. what are you eating?

My daily menu while at work is:

1 cup of coffee no sugar with FF cream
2 hrs later a shake
then around 12 noon lunch - soup
mid day a bar
then dinner maybe a salad and some lean meat.
nogames1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 10:26 PM   #5  
Operator265

nogames-I only see 3 MF meals. You really need to get all five meals in plus the L&G. This plan is only about 1000 cal. and you can't be missing meals. It's just not enough. You could go into starvation mode or, worse yet, pass out. You might want to order more of the things you do like or check out some of the recipes. I have to make the oatmeal into muffins in order to get them down. I understand the new bars are interchangeable with the meals and not limited to 1 a day.
Old 01-15-2009, 12:04 AM   #6  
MF'er

S/C/G: See ticker

Height: 5'2" (5'3" on a big hair day)

no games- try making shake cakes or ice cream pudding. IMO They are soooo much better than just plain shakes.

purpleplaydoh- remember that muscle weighs more even if it takes up less space. That is why you may see inches lost but the scale isn't budging. Great job!
MsFB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 12:15 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/145

The added work out is probably giving you a false plateau- when you increase physical activity, your body tends to hold on to more water at first. Chances are, especially since you saw the inches going away, that you actually lost several pounds of fat, but are holding a similar weight in water.

I wouldn't treat it like a plateau- just keep doing what you're doing.
kelly315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 01:11 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 219/157/128

Height: 5'6"

Thanks for the support and advice, everyone!

I eat the following:

Usually a bar first thing in the morning, then every couple of hours I will eat a MF pudding that I have already prepared and refrigerated, then for L&G I will usually have either a small piece of beef or a piece of frozen salmon with mixed veggies.

I do drink more diet sodas than advised; I drink about 3 or 4 per day, and I drink about 3 bottles of water and one or two glasses of green tea.

I have followed the plan pretty strictly except for my diet soda intake.

Best wishes to all; everyone is doing great!
purpleplaydoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 08:52 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 197/148/115

Height: 5'4

I've been on Medifast since September 4 and I've seen some slow weight loss weeks but I haven't hit a plateau (thank god). I've decided to treat the scale like a backstabbing friend. Keep a wary eye on it and don't believe what it says. I go with inches these days. Last month I was in a size 9 pants, now I'm in a 7 (And loose too). Don't go with the scale, its very inconsistent plus I just hate how your whole emotional well-being hinges on a number. I hope this helps! Take care

Last edited by dorko; 01-27-2009 at 01:02 PM.
dorko is offline   Reply With Quote