Old 01-01-2009, 09:29 AM   #1  
Blue Blood

S/C/G: 293/274/150

Height: 5'10"

Default January Medifast Chat

Ooops...I just posted my welcome 2009 message in the December chat thread before I realized that we need a new chat thread for the new month and new year!

So welcome to the January 2009 Chat!

djay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 10:27 AM   #2  
A pound lost is a gain!

S/C/G: 265/194.5/170

Height: 5'7"

Wink

Here it is a new day and a new year! There are challenges before us all and it will be interesting to see how we all come through them.

beachy - I pray that good things come to your home very soon on the job front and that the work he gets is better pay and something he loves to do!

djay - wow! New babies on the horizon - how exciting! Nothing is better than a new life - you have even more reason to lose that weight and be around healthy and strong for those little ones.

Personally the scales are still cooperating with me. I have changed up my plan a bit this week. I was doing a soup at noon and I don't feel that I need it anymore so I am full fast now with a l&g at night plus I am starting to walk everyday. I have started with 15 minutes on my lunch break and will build from there. I plan to try out that Wii Fit this weekend too! Time to start firming the skin to go with the losses so far!

Yes, djay the clothes are just hanging on me and I am at a dilemna as to how to handle that. I hate to put too much into new clothes as I am sure I will go down more in size but my pants are going to fall off me soon! I am thinking the resale stores may be my best bet unless I find a really good sale at the retailers. Any ideas?

My first goal for the year (don't do resolutions!) is to be sure to stay on target and keep the losses going so I can be at goal by the end of May (charted expected goal date according to current weight loss pattern). My ultimate favorite performer is Keith Urban. I have seen him several times and he is supposed to be back my way this summer. I want to meet him this time and look good doing it!

Jacque
jakebabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 11:44 AM   #3  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

jakebabe - so glad the scales are cooperating with you! I'm proud & happy for you!

congrats on gran'ma time djay! - woo hoo! A boy!

On the good news front of the Beachy household, we FINALLY got our bonus room all cleaned out, took a BUNCH of stuff to Goodwill yesterday (that last-minute tax deduction, ya know!) and NOW we have room to put our GYM together! .... the one we bought in March last year.... the one that is STILL in the boxes it came in .... in our garage... gathering dust.... ... and so anyway, the hubby will work on getting that put together over the weekend. I already have a treadmill, & we have a TV in there, complete with DVD & VHS players... so I can treadmill & watch fun stuff, & work out with the weights, & oh yeah... we have an Ab-Lounger XL, too, so I work off the chubby-chubb on my belly!

HERE'S TO A BETTER 2009 FOR ALL OF US!
Beach Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 10:59 PM   #4  
MF'er

S/C/G: See ticker

Height: 5'2" (5'3" on a big hair day)

Jakebabe- have you tried the clearance racks? It's the end of the season and I've gotten some great deals shopping clearance at Kohl's. You have to have time and patience though to sift through because it's like looking for a needle in a haystack.

beach- your quote is so true. I've been hiding from my life for so long! Skipping reunions, staying out of photos, not dancing at weddings. I always said I was too busy with nursing school, and I was but i never tried to make time either.

My medifast came yesterday as we were leaving for a family wedding. I'm cleaning up the kitchen this weekend and going on plan Sunday. AH!
MsFB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 03:34 PM   #5  
Wastin' Away Again!

MsFB - good luck! - I think once you get past those dreaded 3 first days, you'll like the MediFast. Be sure to come here often & let us know your progress!
Old 01-02-2009, 06:46 PM   #6  
DanLovesMedifast

S/C/G: 358/265.8/159

Height: 6

Happy New Year Everyone! I hope Everyone Had Super Holidays! I had wonderful one's all On Plan! I lost 7 lbs over Thanksgiving Week and 3.2 over Christmas Week! YOU just gotta LOVE Medifast! I love it! I know you all do too! I just ordered the New Lemon Bars and look forward to trying them. My favorite is the Oatmeal Crunch Bar, but I like them all except the Caramel is my least favorite!

Well, Just wanted to say hello and catch up with everyone!

Here is to a Super On Plan Day for each of you! Dan-O
DanLovesMedifast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 06:53 PM   #7  
Blue Blood

Hi Dan! Nice to see your smiling face again and to hear about your incredible progress! I can't say that I stayed OP over Thanksgiving or Christmas...but then...It was never my plan to do so...
The good news is that I actually lost about 3 lbs over the 2 holidays since I did my OP days and then jumped right back OP. So 3 lbs in a month may not impress anyone else...But I am THRILLED! and WooHoo for Medifast!
How is the job going?
DJ
Old 01-02-2009, 09:11 PM   #8  
DanLovesMedifast

Hi djay, Great to see you. If you are like me, you are here for yourself and no one else. I know I can only lose the weight for me and me alone. I cannot do it for anyone else! That I know! I say a loss is a loss! So Woo Hoo! Cool that you lost off plan! That Rocks!

The job is going ok, it's at least work and I am having lots of really good bites. 2009 is already looking VERY Promising! Woo Hoo! I plan to hit goal this year! And having a nice career, Wow, that would be a bonus! LOL!

Dan-O
Old 01-02-2009, 09:46 PM   #9  
Blue Blood

Dan-I'm right with you! 2009 is the year that I WILL reach my goal! It is very exciting!
Old 01-03-2009, 09:08 AM   #10  
DanLovesMedifast

It sure is! I am lovin Life! WE can do this! Glad we are on this journey TOGETHER my friend! Dan-O
Old 01-03-2009, 12:25 PM   #11  
Wastin' Away Again!

Hey Dan! - good to see you! - Happy New Year!!!
Old 01-03-2009, 01:53 PM   #12  
DanLovesMedifast

Hi BP! Super to see YOU too! Wow! 18 lbs. Gone! You are doing GREAT! Keep up your hard work! Happy New Year to you too! We CAN do this! Woo Hoo! Dan-O
Old 01-03-2009, 05:27 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 287/245/135

I am glad that I maintained over the holidays. I will be on Medifast until the end of January and then I will transition over to Optifast. While MF has helped me shed quite a few pounds, I can't deal witht the taste anymore, especially the shakes. Pretty bad when I gag on the shakes now, even if I try to use some type of condiment like 1 T Torani SF syrup. Hopefully Optifast will get me on my way again.
GETTINGTOGOALIN2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 05:56 PM   #14  
Blue Blood

Sorry the Medifast didn't work out for you. Hope the Optifast is more to your liking and continues to help you lose weight!

Good Luck!
Old 01-03-2009, 08:51 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 497/349/250

HI all
Come Monday I am hoping to receive my first order of MF. I ordered 2 weeks worth of MF foods to try and see if this one is cheaper and a bit easier to live with. You see on Jan 13th I will have my SO moving in with me and I want to be able to enjoy our evening meal together. I am going to be 53 this year and have been unable to walk for the past 14 years. I had some surgeries this past year and wasn't able to exercise like I wanted to and I could no longer afford the meal delivery service I had been on thus gained back 53 pounds. I have an additional 100 more to lose and I am hoping this plan will be the last one for me.

Last edited by ssflbelle; 01-03-2009 at 08:55 PM.
ssflbelle is offline   Reply With Quote