Old 01-12-2009, 12:04 PM   #61  
A pound lost is a gain!

S/C/G: 265/194.5/170

Height: 5'7"

Beachy - hooray on the weight loss and diligence to the exercise! Looks like you have found a way around the adversity for now, huh? Any word on work for your hubby? Mine is out there putting in resumes hot and heavy but nothing yet.

Operator265 - thanks for the feedback on the job search - could be something we have to explore if things don't turn around quickly. Also thanks for providing the info on the wind turbines. My hubby really liked that work but life goes on!

DJay - glad you are back to your old self - aren't winter illnesses the pits?!!!

I am almost to my half way mark (50 pounds) on the scale! I am so excited. I have realized though that fat fills out the skin and you are less wrinkled. My neck especially is getting loose and wrinkled and I don't like it!

Have a great day everyone!

Jacque
jakebabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 04:26 PM   #62  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakebabe View Post
Any word on work for your hubby? Mine is out there putting in resumes hot and heavy but nothing yet.
No, unfortunately .... not yet. So here's some "GOOD LUCK VIBES" for my hubby & for yours!!!
Beach Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 10:11 AM   #63  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

WOW. No action here in FIVE days.

Where the heck is everyone?!?!?!?!??!
Beach Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 12:21 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 287/245/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Patrol View Post
WOW. No action here in FIVE days.

Where the heck is everyone?!?!?!?!??!

Yeah! Kinda lonely here!!
GETTINGTOGOALIN2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 10:37 AM   #65  
Blue Blood

S/C/G: 293/274/150

Height: 5'10"

I'm still here! It's been a busy week. I have been on Medifast since July...had great success and never had problems staying OP when I planned to be.

Now all of a sudden I am struggling. At least once per week...I have a stumble...this is slowing my progress to about a pound a week. Still loosing...but I could do so much better.

I think it is the weather...I just want heavy foods and a warm blanket when it is cold. It's not enough to not be hungry...I am craving that stuffed and sleepy feeling.

Winter Sucks!
djay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 03:04 PM   #66  
A pound lost is a gain!

S/C/G: 265/194.5/170

Height: 5'7"

I am here too! Been a really busy week for me too. Work is trying to kill me and then the stress of hubby not having a job yet is quite taxing.

I am still steady at around 2 -3 pounds a week but this week I am hungry and I do not know why. I will not give in to the desire to eat but I sure wish this would go away. I don't know if the added stress is doing it or the cold weather is putting me into a starvation/hibernation mode!

My blood sugar readings are fantastic. I go back for a A1C testing the end of this month and I am hoping I am hungry because the meds are no longer necessary for the diabetes. I am thinking if I get off of them it will make a difference. We will see what he says.

Hope everyone is staying warm!

Jacque
jakebabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 10:18 AM   #67  
Operator265

I've been Blasting this week. Wanna see what I do for a living?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjI0l...eature=related

Pretty cool, huh!!

WonderSlim just got here yesterday. Sorting thru everything and figuring it out. Looks like I get fruit. YIPPEE!!!
Old 01-18-2009, 10:40 AM   #68  
Blue Blood

OMG Operator! That blasting is so awsome! I bet that does get it all out when you have a bad day...I'm thinking people would pay to do your job as therapy on those "one of those days" days!
I am so jealous of the fruit! That is the one thing I really miss on Medifast. Can't wait to add it back in my diet!

Jacque-Great news on the blood sugar! Keep up the good work. Isn't it great to start feeling healthy again! Hope the job stress calms down for you and the DH soon!

Wel...I made a decision to change my goal weight from 145 to 150. That is only 20 lbs away...I actually wore a size 10 jeans to work on Friday. From the way I look and feel today...I don't think I need to go any lower than 150. So the end is in sight now! Medifast has been a fantastic plan for me...but I am looking forward to transitioning to weight watchers and addding back variety and learning moderation...I actually think that will be the tougher part...Medifast has made the loosing weight about as easy as it gets.

Hope everyone has a great week!

DJ

Last edited by djay; 01-18-2009 at 10:41 AM.
Old 01-18-2009, 05:40 PM   #69  
Operator265

I've been thinking(scary I know). We should start a sticky comparing MF, WS and NLS. Also, maybe we should see if Susanne change the Forum Title to "Meal Replacements" so that folks who are not on MF don't feel like visitors. Whatta y'all think?
Old 01-18-2009, 08:06 PM   #70  
Gettin' Veggie With It!

S/C/G: 02/16/11 196/184/125

Height: 5'8"

Default Starting Tomorrow

Hi group,

I am starting MF tomorrow. I made my goal back in August and then blew it. I've gained 40 pounds back. I am still in "onederland" but only by a pound. I definitely want to be back at my goal by August which is doable I know. I just need to stay on track. I can do this...I can do this...I can do this...

Have a great evening all....and Happy MF Monday!

Jen
abovethedin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 09:47 PM   #71  
Blue Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Operator265 View Post
I've been thinking(scary I know). We should start a sticky comparing MF, WS and NLS. Also, maybe we should see if Susanne change the Forum Title to "Meal Replacements" so that folks who are not on MF don't feel like visitors. Whatta y'all think?
I like the sticky idea. I know there are some good comparisons out there and alot of people would find it helpful. I also know that just as many people in this forum are on NS, WS and Optifast as there are on MF so I don't have a problem with a name change..But Meal Replacement would apply to things like Jenny Craig and BistroMD that have their own forums...so that might be confusing.

Welcome Jen! or Welcome Back...You absolutly CAN do this!
Old 01-19-2009, 02:38 PM   #72  
Operator265

I thought Jenny and Bistro were more "Meal Delivery" with real food meals delivered in a set plan rather than "Meal Replacement" with the powders and mixes and only a couple of home made food meals, but I'm not sure really since I've not been on them. I was just trying to think of something that wouldn't make others feel like they are hijacking the forum.

Well, we're starting WS today. One difference from MF--You get starches and fruits. Another difference-It has a guide for 1000cal and 1200cal/day plans. The DD is gonna do 1200cal plan and up her exercise level. I'm gonna try the 1000cal on my graves when I'm just driving truck then maybe do the 1200cal when I'm on blast crew and working my a** off. Although, when I started MF I was gonna up my protein portion if needed on Blast, but it turned out not to be necessary.

DJ-You might want to check into WS for ending your goal run. Maybe the change up would help with your struggle. Don't know, just thinking.

Jen-Welcome Back.

Jac and Beach-Still sending vibes out on the work situations. Sticking with the diets while dealing with that kind of stress, well, y'all sure have my respect.
Old 01-19-2009, 07:05 PM   #73  

I transitioned from Medifast to Optifast Jan 15. I am now on a full fast. I hope to keep this up for at least 12 weeks. If not then I will go back to the modified fast.

I think a name change would be a good idea. Maybe something like "Liquid Diet Discussion" or something like that.

Well, I have lost 81.6 pounds and I now have 70.4 to go! I don't know if Optifast will get me there any faster but I thought that I would give it a try. I needed to get away from all that soy in Medifast. I was hitting platueaus all over the place. Maybe I just needed to change my plan.

I will be using Weight Watchers as my maintenance plan. I would have loved to use it for my weight loss plan but I could not lose any weight on it. WW is a great plan and very doable but I needed to lose 152lbs and only losing 1lb in 3 weeks was not going to work for me. I needed something drastic.
Old 01-19-2009, 07:09 PM   #74  

[QUOTE=Operator265;2561699]
Well, we're starting WS today. One difference from MF--You get starches and fruits. Another difference-It has a guide for 1000cal and 1200cal/day plans. The DD is gonna do 1200cal plan and up her exercise level. I'm gonna try the 1000cal on my graves when I'm just driving truck then maybe do the 1200cal when I'm on blast crew and working my a** off. Although, when I started MF I was gonna up my protein portion if needed on Blast, but it turned out not to be necessary.

QUOTE]

If I can't handle the full fast that I am doing on Optifast then I will finish my weight loss with Wonderslim/New Lifestyle. They are the same product. My friend went from Medifast to New Lifestyle and she loves it. The taste is much better and not all that soy. Let us know how you like the Wonderslim.
Old 01-19-2009, 08:26 PM   #75  
Gettin' Veggie With It!

S/C/G: 02/16/11 196/184/125

Height: 5'8"

Hi group,

Just a quick question...what is WS?

Thanks the the welcome backs....

Jen
abovethedin is offline   Reply With Quote