Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2008, 11:19 PM   #46  
A pound lost is a gain!

S/C/G: 265/194.5/170

Height: 5'7"

Hi all! Just stopping by to say Hi!

How is everyones shopping coming along? I am finished but still have to do the wrapping.

Beachy - glad to see you hanging in there. Has your husband had any luck on the job search? My son is looking and not getting any calls back but it will happen for him soon, I am sure.

djay - your photos look great! Keep it up girl!

Ella - are you still with us? You haven't posted in a few days.

Susan - how is your grandmother getting along?

Missy - you are one busy gal. Glad you are finding ways to stay busy and keep in shape too - good for you!

My official 2 month marker is today and drum roll please---35 pounds gone! I still have alot to go but I am very pleased with my progress. I can see the loss in my face and my clothes are way loose but I am not buying more until I absolutely have to.

Everyone have a great week OP.

Jacque
Old 12-15-2008, 12:59 PM   #47  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

YAY to jakebabe for the -35!!!!

And WOW djay!!! - you look great! You look so DIFFERENT! - I bet you FEEL different too! Keep up the good work!

My husband hasn't gotten another job yet. (Emphasize YET). But he's had an interview & is scheduled to have another, so FINGERS CROSSED!

As for me, I am trying to eat a little something every 2-2.5 hours. Doing well so far. I still have *some* MF foods, & using those mostly at work.

Last night for dinner I had Campbell's tomato soup (with 2tbsp salsa! yum! I love that little trick!!!!) and half a grilled cheese sandwich on multi grain bread. It was SO good! And really filled me up.

So.... maybe this will work! Here's hopin'!!

Last edited by Beach Patrol; 12-15-2008 at 12:59 PM.
Old 12-16-2008, 02:42 PM   #48  
Wastin' Away Again!

Ggggrrrrrrrr!!!!!!

Scale showed a +2 lbs this morning....

I swear, it seems like the tiniest bit of carbs in my diet makes my weight go up. Makes me wanna hurl. (not literally!)
Old 12-17-2008, 07:29 AM   #49  
Blue Blood

S/C/G: 293/274/150

Height: 5'10"

Wow Jacque! 35 lbs. is super fantastic! Keep up the great work...You will be at goal in no time!

Aww Beachy-Don't let a small fluctuation on the scale get you down. Could just be water or TOM...but if it is Holiday goodies...You at least know the formula for getting those pounds back off...Jump right back on your plan and build more days POP than not!...Lots of water and some excersise for good measure! I know you can do this
Any news from that second interview? Sending lots of good vibes your way:

Here is my good news of the day...I won the 3fc blue team Biggest Looser!
It was a fun 13 week challenge and really kept my motivation high! I still highly reccomend it especially if you are struggeling. The participation is not difficult...Just one post in chat per week is all that is required...But I think it is best to get totally involved if you are going to do it.

Hope you all will send some good vibes my way...We have an office Christmas Party today complete with totally off plan food. Then on Friday, I have to bake something to bring in for another Holiday spread. Saturday...Going to dinner and a concert with friends. Of course the resturaunt they chose will pay you if you can eat their giant hamburger in one sitting. Doesn't sound like the healthiest choices will be offered there...And I have several choice bottles of wine to open for guests that are stopping by this weekend. Yikes! This week is full of landmines!
Old 12-17-2008, 10:05 AM   #50  
Wastin' Away Again!

YAY! - musta just been water weight or whatever! - I'm down THREE lbs today... which is one more lost pound...

I swear... I'm stretching out what little MF foods I have left! - not an easy task! - and I'm still not sure what I will do when it's all gone.

I've been studying up on gluten-free diets, & what gluten in foods can do to a person who has an aversion to it. VERY interesting. So when I'm all out of MF foods, I may go the gluten-free route, & do some self testing..... just to see how I feel.
Old 12-17-2008, 11:35 AM   #51  
A pound lost is a gain!

djay - that is great news! Congrats on winning the contest!
I am sending lots of good vibes your way for the food challenges you have coming up. You can do this! You have come too far to turn back now - just remember to plan ahead and you will be fine.

beachy - so glad the pounds went away. You are doing so good with the obstacles you have. You are my hero! I will echo what djay asked - any news on the interview?

Have a great day all!

Jacque
Old 12-17-2008, 03:52 PM   #52  
Wastin' Away Again!

djay & jakebabe -

nope, no news on the 2nd interview yet. He's supposed to get scheduled FOR a 2nd interview. But since the job doesn't actually start until January, they may be waiting out the holidays, ya know? Meanwhile, we're sitting here like birds in the wilderness.... waiting, waiting, waiting... Argh!

OH! & djay! - I forgot to say CONGRATS on your win! - You go girl!!!

Last edited by Beach Patrol; 12-17-2008 at 03:54 PM.
Old 12-17-2008, 09:18 PM   #53  
A pound lost is a gain!

Beachy - I would say the odds are in your favor. If you get the 2nd interview, it is always a more positive sign. I am praying that 2009 will be off to a good start for you and your family.

Sure is quiet around here - everyone must be busy with the holiday preparations.

Jacque
Old 12-18-2008, 09:50 AM   #54  
Wastin' Away Again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakebabe View Post
Beachy - I would say the odds are in your favor. If you get the 2nd interview, it is always a more positive sign. I am praying that 2009 will be off to a good start for you and your family.

Sure is quiet around here - everyone must be busy with the holiday preparations.

Jacque
Yeah... we're thinking the same thing, about the 2nd interview.

And YES, it IS awfully quiet around here!
Old 12-20-2008, 02:49 PM   #55  
I Can Do This

S/C/G: 209/186/160

Height: 5'4"

Hi Everybody, Djay, Beachy, Jacque,
How is everybody doing? I just placed an order with MF for lots of food. I have been playing around this last week & have gained 5 pounds, HOLYCRAP!
I hadn't had a great variety in the house and it made it too easy for me to have just a little of this & that off plan, put that together with holiday get togethers and I am up 5. I figure if I spend the money for the new shipment I better make good use of it. I just finished a bowl of beef stew & I have to be honest I could eat 2 more bowls of it.

We have had 2 storms in the last week here in NY and have another coming tomorrow. We got about a foot of snow yesterday. Sure wish I was somewhere warm like Beachy & Djay.

Jacque, You had asked about my Grandmother, she is doing much better. Thanks for asking.

Happy Holidays to all.

Susan
Old 12-22-2008, 07:51 AM   #56  
I Can Do This

S/C/G: 209/186/160

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Everyone,
This morning I'm happy to report that 4 of my 5 added pounds are gone. I will be playing this game till New Years when I go back OP 100%.
This is the hardest time of the year, but at least I'm aware of what needs to be done.
Where the heck is everybody? Are you all over at he MF site?

Hope everybody has a great day. The dog's and I are off to the Nursing Home today to spread some good cheer.
Old 12-22-2008, 07:51 AM   #57  
Blue Blood

Hi Susan,
Good for you for jumping rght back on plan...You CAN do this. It is so hard to steer clear of holiday goodies this time of year! I know I have fallen victim to more than my fair share of cookies...but I keep going right back on plan so I am still loosing...although at a much slower pace.

I do plan to eat off plan on Christmas eve and Christmas day...but then it will be full steam ahead and I will be op till I reach my goal!

I know what you are saying about the beef stew not satisfying you. Every time I go off plan, it is like starting over and I have to get through those first couple of uncomfortable days before the meals start to satisfy me again.

Hang in there Susan! Christmas is almost over! We can get through this together!
Old 12-22-2008, 09:01 AM   #58  
A pound lost is a gain!

Good morning everyone!

Susan, so good to hear that your grandmother is doing well. Also great news on getting the pounds back off - keep heading in that direction.

djay & Susan - I am taking the opposite route than you on Christmas and the food. I have been 100% OP since I started Oct 14 and will continue to do so. It is not worth the temporary gain to me for a few bites of the "poison" that got me in this mess to begin with. I have reconciled myself to the fact that I will never be able to eat "normal" again. My body just can not handle it. I wish I would have learned this lesson many years and diets ago but I guess better late than never! I have 2 more pounds to go to the 40 pound loss mark and I intend to get that for myself for Christmas!

Everyone have a great day and finish that shopping if you still need to!

Jacque
Old 12-22-2008, 05:55 PM   #59  
Blue Blood

YAY Jacque! I am so proud of you standing strong in the face of holiday goodies! You are doing fantastic! Congratulations!

But I'm still going to have Pie and egg nog for Christmas!
Old 12-23-2008, 06:15 PM   #60  
Wastin' Away Again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoBThinAgain

We have had 2 storms in the last week here in NY and have another coming tomorrow. We got about a foot of snow yesterday. Sure wish I was somewhere warm like Beachy & Djay.

Jacque, You had asked about my Grandmother, she is doing much better. Thanks for asking.

Happy Holidays to all.

Susan
Hi Susan! - My husband's family lives in New York (upstate; near Rochester) & we haven't heard much from them lately... I bet they're having a buttload of snow, tho! - they always do! - plus, they live on a lake & get that "lake effect" snow.

If it makes ya feel any better, it only got up to 44 degrees here yesterday! - but a little warmer today... in the upper 50's! - of course, we're due to be in the low 70's for the next three days.... 73 for xmas... doesn't feel very christmasy, that I can tell you!

And I'm so glad your grandmother is doing better! YAY!

Anyway - just wanted to pop in & say HI to everyone! - hope you're all done w/your xmas shopping & so forth! WOW! I can hardly believe that 2008 is almost done!!!!

Last edited by Beach Patrol; 12-23-2008 at 06:16 PM.
Closed Thread