Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 04:42 PM   #31  
DanLovesMedifast

S/C/G: 358/265.8/159

Height: 6

Jen, Welcome Back! Glad you are here!

Jacque, Thank you so much and I SO agree! Thanks again!

Thanks DJ!

Hi Ashley, Congrats on your first day ON PLAN! woo hoo!

thanks Beach Patrol, It's going GREAT! Love it here! Thanks again!

thanks Lisa, it's going great here!

ok, think i am caught up now.

Hope everyone has a super on plan night and i had a great On Plan day, avoiding all kinds of cakes, candy and goodies. I know it's worth staying on plan no matter what! Woo Hoo!

WE can do it!
Old 11-03-2008, 04:43 PM   #32  
Let's go LEAN!

S/C/G: 185/ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

Thumbs up

Had the chili for mid-aftn. meal- really good! Maybe I had low expectations, but I am just pleasantly surprised with the food. I think I've got all my water in too- at least 48 oz. Need to measure this jug. Have you set up the "My Medifast" profile for you, Beachy? It's pretty cool and let's you track your calories/carbs, etc. on the daily meal plan you put in for yourself. It's on the Medifast website- I'm still figuring it all out... But I like it so far! My dog's not going to like MF... he will not be getting any scraps or bites from me now! I've none to spare!

Hope you had a great first day on your new job, Dan! Your encouraging, upbeat words are great!

Last edited by AshleyA; 11-03-2008 at 04:46 PM.
Old 11-03-2008, 05:42 PM   #33  
Blue Blood

S/C/G: 293/274/150

Height: 5'10"

Beachy and Ashley- Congratulations on working it so hard on your first day. It's cool that you started together and got to chat about it and encourage each other all day. It's inspiring to me to read about it and remember those early days!

Hope you first day finished out well Dan! Great job steering clear of all the goodies at the office!

Jen- Glad you are back! We really are at similar points in the process...I'm going to have to work really hard to try to catch up to you...and I'll make sure to make you work hard to stay ahead!

I had a health scare that turned into an NSV today!
The Walgreens accross the street from work just opened a walkin clinic for minor cases and it accepts insurance. I got into some poison oak over the weekend so I thought I would give it a try. While I was there they of course took my heart rate. The nurse practicioner became alarmed that it was so low! She said that I needed to contact my doctor TODAY to have it checked out.

I called the doctor when I got back to work and they worked me in this afternoon. My doctor hasn't seen me in 3 months, when I weighed 224 lbs! She was so happy that i had quit smoking, lost weigh and was working out that she hugged me! Then she got a good laught at the nurse practitioner that scared me into going to the doctor! She said my heart rate was so low because I am getting so healthy. Yea...even after just a couple of months of diet and excersise...I have the heartrate of an athlete!

WOW!

Last edited by djay; 11-03-2008 at 05:43 PM.
Old 11-03-2008, 05:55 PM   #34  
I Can Do This

S/C/G: 209/186/160

Height: 5'4"

I just ordered the new bars, can't wait for them to get here.

Lisa, Where on the East Coast are you?

Last edited by TwoBThinAgain; 11-03-2008 at 05:55 PM.
Old 11-03-2008, 07:57 PM   #35  
DanLovesMedifast

Hi Everyone!

I just updated my ticker! I HAVE NOT lost 100 lbs. The ticker doesn't let you put exacts. I have .6 lbs to go before 100, so in the next week or so I WILL make 100 lbs. Just fyi.

I had a couple good weeks. 7.2 last week and 7 lbs. gone this week. 99.4 lbs in 19 weeks. Amazing how well medifast works. OF course, I have a LOT Of weight to lose.

Ok, enough of that, we all know Medifast Rocks! LOL!

I am excited about the new bars too.

Hope they are wonderful.

I will order soon.

Hope everyone is having a good night.

Dan-O
Old 11-03-2008, 07:59 PM   #36  
DanLovesMedifast

DJ, Woo HOO on NSV! Thank God!
Old 11-03-2008, 08:10 PM   #37  
Blue Blood

S/C/G: 293/274/150

Height: 5'10"

WOW Dan! You might as well say 100 lbs.! That is so awsome! You should go out dancing! you would be so light on your feet! Congratulations!
Old 11-04-2008, 09:45 AM   #38  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

That's so cool DJ!!! - and way to go Dan! - being just .6 away from 100 IS 100 in my book! WTG!

So here I am on my 2nd day of MF. Yesterday was OK. I had my last MF meal when I got home (a shake) & was a little hungry a couple hours later, but I just kept drinking water & dealt with it!

For breakfast this morning I had the Apple-Cinnamon oatmeal. God does THAT suck! I mean YUCK-O!!!! Tasted like half mixed concrete. Bleh. So I tried dressing it up a bit with a "condiment" of cinnamon. Nope... didn't help. I put a "dash" of Equal on it. Nada. Still tasted like wet concrete. Ate it anyway. And thinking that's DEFINITELY one of the boxes I will trade in. Otherwise, I pretty much like everything I've tried.

So it's 15 minutes til my next "meal" & I'm excited.... cause my tummy is a bit grumbly! - But really, I'm doing pretty good with the hunger. It's the headachy thing that's bothering me the most. But I know that'll clear up in a few days.... (I hope!)
Old 11-04-2008, 10:37 AM   #39  
A pound lost is a gain!

S/C/G: 265/194.5/170

Height: 5'7"

Good morning everyone! Everyone has or is going to the polls today right? I drive by 3 on my way to work and they were all busier than I have ever seen them but I am glad people are getting out there. I will be going straight from work. I get off at 3:30 so I am hoping I will hit a lull and not have to be there all night!

Beach Patrol - hang in there - everyday it gets a little easier and you will "tweak" the food thing to your liking. It takes a little while to find your niche and get settled in.

Dan - glad the first day went well for you at work. Ignore all that food that is around you - let someone else wear it on their thighs - not you!

djay - got those new curtains up yet? I looked for some of your tea yesterday and could not find any so I buy a gentle womens laxative. I have never had this "problem" in my life but I have it now.

Hope we all have a great OP day!

Jacque
Old 11-04-2008, 10:57 AM   #40  
Let's go LEAN!

Smile

Congratulations, Dan! That is incredible! That's a 5 lb/week average- Just hearing that you lost 100 lbs. in just 19 weeks is ...WOW.

I woke up feeling thinner today! I'll wait till the Monday weekly weigh-in though.

It's unbelievable what you can create with these MF food packets, and with lean & green plus condiments! I really think I could stay OP for Tgiving if I wanted to, by whipping up these recipes. I'm going to order some of those Capella flavor drops. I am NOT excited about my oatmeal (apple-cinn.)... I don't even like oatmeal to begin with. I will probably use it to make one of these recipes. So far today, banana shake is good/ a little chalky but I liked it fine; carmel nut bar is excellent. Oh, the choc. pudding last night-- really good!
Old 11-04-2008, 11:06 AM   #41  
I Can Do This

OMG... I love that oatmeal, but I will say you have to kinda play with it and experiment untill you get it to the right consistency. Give it another try, because it is a pretty good filler. The oatmeal will keep you full for a few hours. Glad to hear you girls are doing good on your first few days, keep up the good work.

Last edited by TwoBThinAgain; 11-04-2008 at 11:06 AM.
Old 11-04-2008, 11:48 AM   #42  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoBThinAgain View Post

Lisa, Where on the East Coast are you?
I know this wasn't directed at me, but my name is "Lisa" also (but please! call me Beachy!) and I also live on the East Coast..... Savannah, GA.

I just got my "time of month"... yay. Cramping, moody, yaddayaddayadda... oh yeah, & the CHOCOLATE CRAVINGS. Yippee. I think the diet gods are having amusement with me!!!

Last edited by Beach Patrol; 11-04-2008 at 11:51 AM.
Old 11-04-2008, 12:12 PM   #43  
I Can Do This

Beachy, I have wanted to go to Savannah for so long... I would love to come and check out some of Paula Deans restaurants. Of course it wont be a MediFast approved meal. LOL
Old 11-04-2008, 12:19 PM   #44  
Let's go LEAN!

My sister lived in Savannah for a few years and got married there. My whole family lives in Georgia (Athens/ATL).
Old 11-04-2008, 01:42 PM   #45  
DanLovesMedifast

Thanks DJ! I am much lighter on my feet! Literally! LOL!

Thanks BP! I appreciate your support!

Jacque, I am so with you, I just avoid the unhealthy food that would make me OFF Plan, NOTHING is worth going OFF plan for me. Thanks for your support!

Thanks Ashley, MEDIFAST rocks and I stay ON PLAN, Great combination! Thanks for your support!

TBTA, I love all the meals and LOVE the Oatmeal too. I am like you in that regards. I know my taste buds have changed too and I like them even more, in the beginning, I just kept a really open mind and had a can do no matter what attitude. I am with you. So glad the flavors get even BETTER! Woo hoo!

I hope everyone is having a Super On Plan Day!

I sure am.

Love feeling GREAT!

Medifast Rocks! WE are doing it!
Closed Thread