Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2008, 10:57 PM   #16  
Gettin' Veggie With It!

S/C/G: 02/16/11 196/184/125

Height: 5'8"

Default Back again

Hi group,

I haven't been around in quite a while but look forward to getting back on board and in the swing of things again. I hope everyone has a great week ahead.

Jen
Old 11-02-2008, 11:05 PM   #17  
A pound lost is a gain!

S/C/G: 265/194.5/170

Height: 5'7"

Hello to everyone! Hope everyone had a good Halloween and restful weekend. Mine was busy but totally OP. I have been around food all weekend but it really did not even interest me! I weighed this morning and 2 more pounds gone since yesterday. I am firm in my plan to not waver over the holidays. I have never understood why it is all about food anyway so it should not be a problem for me to say no to all the "bad" things plus I do not want to go through getting all the sugar out of my body again. That is not a fun thing in my opinion. Being diabetic makes it double hard so no thanks!

Dan - best of luck on the first day of your new job. I am sure you will do well! Even though it is just temporary, remember most of the time you have to have a job to get one so maybe the phone will start ringing off the hook with prospective employers!

Missy - love the costume pic! You all look adorable.

djay - did you find some curtains that you liked? Also congrats on the scales moving again!

BeachPatrol - you will do just fine on you first day. Stay focused and remember every day it gets a little easier.

Hope we all have a great OP week even though we have to adjust to the new time and the announcement of a new president.

Jacque
Old 11-03-2008, 07:10 AM   #18  
Blue Blood

S/C/G: 293/274/150

Height: 5'10"

Happy Monday everyone!

I sure enjoyed that extra hour this morning! I did wake up an hour early...and it was so nice to slip right back to sleep guilt free!

Well this is a big Monday indeed!

Dan- Good luck on the first day on the job!

Beach-Good luck on the first day of changing your life Hang tough today! My first week was fine...but some people struggle in the first 3 or 4 days...just tough it out and remember how great it will be when you get through that part and no longer feel hungry or have cravings. We are all here to support you!

Jakebabe- I did find some curtains that I loved! Got the rod hung, only to discover that they didn't fit! Back to square one!

Jen-Welcome! Hope you will stick around and post often! Tell us a little about yourself.

Susan and Missy-Hope you have a great Monday also!

Nothing new to report here...just checking in...

DJ
Old 11-03-2008, 07:45 AM   #19  
I Can Do This

S/C/G: 209/186/160

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning All...

Jacque-The food issue is a big one in my entire family. I was raised in an Italian family with lots of aunts, uncles, cousens, etc always around. No matter what the occasion, there was food. There didn't even have to be an occasion and there was food. The older generation showed love & warmth by offering to cook for you. We do get together on Sundays still & we have, you guessed it FOOD. It's a tough cycle to break & I am just now learning to not even look at it. It's how you are brought up & you know no better.
My husband came from a family where both his father & mother were only children & had no extended familty. They had no family gatherings which included food (in some ways no family gatherings is sad) but without the food factor, he has no issues with food and has no issues with his weight. I'm so glad that my son has the will of his father & no real sweet tooth to speak of because he looks at the stuff & walks away. It doesn't really appeal to him. Last night at my cousen Denise's house there was a large tray with many many pastries from an Italian bakery. That platter stared at me and then I said to myself, "Hmmm you know they don't even look that good."
Who was I kidding, I'm sure they were delicious but at least this morning I am not fealing guilty. So that's my food/family story....
Susan

BeachPatrol-Good luck today, you can do it. Give us an update later on how the day was & remember to drink water through out the day. It will help you to feel full.

Last edited by TwoBThinAgain; 11-03-2008 at 07:50 AM.
Old 11-03-2008, 08:58 AM   #20  
Gettin' Veggie With It!

S/C/G: 02/16/11 196/184/125

Height: 5'8"

DJay,

Thanks for the welcome! I've been apart of the forum before a few months back. I started MF last November at 243 and went down to 153 very quickly. I then went off plan for a few months and now I am back. You and I seem to have started at the same place and are now close to the same place. That's neat...it's like having a buddy.

Again, thanks for the welcome DJay.

Jen
Old 11-03-2008, 09:59 AM   #21  
Let's go LEAN!

S/C/G: 185/ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

Red face I'm started OP!

Hi All ~ I started the plan today! Had a vanilla ready shake for BF which was good. I'm now drinking my water, trying to get to mid-morning snack (a little hungry- no biggee). I've got 2 soups for lunch and mid-aftn. snack. The water with the white grape-peach is great!

BeachPatrol- we're starting this together! I'm here for moral support and to commiserate! haha No, I'm excited really. I know it's going to work great! I'm looking forward to ordering those new bars and having those as an option!
Old 11-03-2008, 10:13 AM   #22  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

Hi All!

Dan - can't wait to hear how your 1st day on the job went!

thanks to everyone for your support...so far, so good (I think!)

Invited our freighbors Bruce & Michelle over last night for dinner... we cooked tilapia with long grain wild rice & black eye peas, & had cheesecake for dessert. Knowing I was going to start my MediFast today, I had TWO slices of cheesecake

So this morning, I felt ready. I had the Dutch Chocolate shake for breakfast. I found the taste pretty OK. Not great - but not yucky... so I'll keep that box. I just had an Oatmeal Raisin Bar for my 10:00 meal. YUMMY! Definitely like those!

Been drinking water - that's never been a problem for me. I usually drink around a 1/2 gallon or more per day.

For lunch I plan to have my lean & green meal (baked chicken & shrimp w/left over rice from last night) and I'll have a French Vanilla shake around 3pmish and a Chocolate Mint bar around 5pm, and then whatever bar or shake or "other" from the MF box around 7:30ish tonight.

I haven't told anyone at work or family or anyone (except my freighbor Michelle & my husband, of course) that I am doing the MediFast diet. I don't people's whack opinions about "how those diets never work" etc etc. My boss just said something about a friend of his that went on some "internet diet" & spent like $500/mo for 6 months & she didn't lose A SINGLE POUND... So I haven't mentioned it to my boss, & IN FACT I am thinking I will even HIDE it from him & co-workers. Not out of shame, just don't want to hear anybody's "whack opinions" especially when I'm first getting started. I just need good support right now! - Which is why I'm here!

Thanks y'all! (Oh, & y'all can call me Beachy.... everybody does!)
Old 11-03-2008, 10:56 AM   #23  
Let's go LEAN!

Hey Beachy-- I just had the lemon yogurt bar- outstanding! Now, I don't want to be the MF Police... lol... but you can't have that rice! Gotta be the greens/veg. The rice will put you over the top for carbs for the day.
Old 11-03-2008, 12:03 PM   #24  
It's either Now or Now

Height: 5'4"

Woohoo, got my picture up finally!!!! The quality is pretty bad but that's what it took to make the file small enough. All is well on this front. The only trouble I'm having is that I'm really missing fruit. Since getting on the diet, I've had some (which is partly the reason for my slower loss, but I'm trying to keep things moving without losing my mind). But I haven't had any fruit for a little while and I really miss it. Other than that, on plan. Unfortunately, due to TOM, I feel so bloated and yucky, but I know it's just bloating and I just have to wait until it's gone. Planning a weigh in for next Sunday.

Ashley and BeachPatrol - Hooray on your first day . Sounds like you are both right on track!

Missy - I'm right there with you .. can't wait for the election to be over. It's had it's good moments, but now I just want to KNOW!

Dan- Have fun on your first day at work.

Djay - congrats on pushing through that plateau - you are such an inspiration.

Jacque - I'm still undecided on what I'll do at Thanksgiving. I made myself a deal today that if I'm am 100% on plan until then, I'll give myself the night off (within reason). If I fall off the wagon before then, then I'm "punished" and have to stay on plan that night. I think it'll be really motivating to stick to plan for the next weeks.

Jen - Welcome (or rather, welcome back!). Your weight loss thus far is so impressive! Good for you for getting back on plan to finish the job.

Last edited by Itstime; 11-03-2008 at 12:07 PM. Reason: add name
Old 11-03-2008, 12:19 PM   #25  
Oh yeah? Just watch me!

S/C/G: 219/see ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

Lisa, I am so impressed with your transformation! You've gone from a cute glasses wearing monkey looking thing to a beautiful woman!

Yep, I went off plan this weekend... lol so much for my rant on control! My son asked me what I liked about candy and what I didnt like about candy. Well the answers were not bad. They were reasonable... Likes: candy usually is connected with laughter, happiness, endorphine release, fun times, children. Dislikes: being careful not to over do it, keeping teeth clean, too much is not good. Soooooo, I decieded to have fun with my sons at halloween! I did see the scale go back up to 192. Yikes, thats a bit! but i got candy! and Im done for a while... So, back 100% OP today, gotta keep this figure down

BTW this weekend was not a total loss. I bought 2 pairs of size 12's!!!!!!!!! two seperate brands!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!! 12's!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I havent worn a 12 since high school!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My husband and I had some talks this weekend. We're going to do a time frame. 6 months trial. He's done a little work to try and make everything work. but not a bit more than a little. Also, I just dont trust him anymore. that is paramount. We'll see. Im just trying to get clarity.

Good luck Beachy and Ashley! YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
man.... gotta go, take Tony to preschool (he wanted to see his name)

XOXOXOXO Missy
Old 11-03-2008, 12:49 PM   #26  
Let's go LEAN!

Missy- you looked grrrreat in that Halloween photo, btw!!

Chicken & Wild Rice soup... Good! I just seasoned it up with Mrs. Dash, pepper, and salt. And threw my snack in it- MF crackers. I'm impressed with the food products so far. I'm using the MyMF site too to track my meals and all that which helps.
Old 11-03-2008, 02:12 PM   #27  
Wastin' Away Again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleyA View Post
Hey Beachy-- I just had the lemon yogurt bar- outstanding! Now, I don't want to be the MF Police... lol... but you can't have that rice! Gotta be the greens/veg. The rice will put you over the top for carbs for the day.

I know... .... but I didn't have anything else planned, so I had rice. At least it was just an itty-bitty-bit of rice. I don't even think it was a "full serving".

Oh well.... onward & upward!

I just had a vanilla shake. It was "ok". Not as good as the dutch chocolate, tho! - and I have been on the MF website, doing some reading, etc. and I brought a choc-mint bar to eat for my 4:00 meal...I had that yummy oatmeal/raisin bar this morning... and I am supposed to limit myself to 1 bar per day So .... another "uh-oh" on my 1st day!

...but I'll get the hang of it! And these two little whoopsies are definitely not going to detour me!
Old 11-03-2008, 02:34 PM   #28  
Let's go LEAN!

I didn't catch "the bar violation" earlier! lol It's a fine start- you'll still come in at a low calorie total for the day- which is a heck of a lot lower than I've been eating for the past... years?!
Old 11-03-2008, 04:06 PM   #29  
DanLovesMedifast

S/C/G: 358/265.8/159

Height: 6

Thanks 2bethinagain! I am having a great day so far! Thought I would check in! Thank you so much for your support!

Awwww, Thanks Missy, I really appreciate that and I am so glad to be working too! Woo Hoo! Thank you again!

Dan-O
Old 11-03-2008, 04:15 PM   #30  
Wastin' Away Again!

Nope...don't have one of those ....yet. I plan to be on MF for at least a week before I make any sort of "decisions"... if that makes sense! But I've been reading A LOT on the MF forums. Getting more info, etc.

Right now... it's time for my next "meal"... & not a minute too soon! Cause even tho I am not hungry, I DO have a headache. Which I understand is part of the process; I've read that the first 3-4 days are kinda rough & I might suffer from headaches or light headedness....

So yup, gotta headache. But that's why god made Execedrin!
Closed Thread