Closed Thread

Old 11-24-2008, 10:14 AM   #181  
Let's go LEAN!

S/C/G: 185/ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

Beachy~~ I am so sorry about your husband's job loss. I hope he finds something else soon. Congratulations on another 2 lbs! That's fabulous!

Scale is whacky for me right now... Sun. it was 175.8, now this morning after a 100% OP day as always, it is 176.8 for my weigh-in day. So nothing lost but I'm not discouraged!

DJay, Missy, Lisa, Jacque, Beachy-Lisa~~ I'm not going to be signing in very much here for awhile... I can barely keep up with the MyMedifast group I'm in over there, and we're doing this triple holiday challenge in teams with alot of reporting in. So I wish everyone well on their MF journey and Happy Holidays!! I know you are all doing fabulous with steady losses and continuously moving tickers! Thanks for having me and getting me started on this great program!

Ashley
Old 11-25-2008, 12:05 PM   #182  
Oh yeah? Just watch me!

S/C/G: 219/see ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

Jessh, it really did die down again!
I just did some shopping for our "family" in my DS#2s preschool. You know, an adopted family for the holidays. Well this family is, I dont know how to put it... A single mother (21) and four boys, (6,3,2 and 1). Yikes! At first glance I thought I would sure buy the family a gift... a tubal ligation. But then, as Im facing a divorce myself, looking at being alone with my boys, raising them, going back to work... Im 38 and my boys are older almost 7 and 4. I cant IMAGINE being that young with all those little boys! So I went from Scrooge to grabbing not 1 but 2 gifts and I may just go back for another. I got the clothes, someone else got the toys, I might go buy some anyways so they have extra. I do all my shopping for the boys during the year and usually have everyone done by July, so its nice to do some holiday shopping anyways.
I some how got a Turkey for only 5$ at Safeway the other day. It was on sale for 99 cents a lb. then I got some sort of discount for spending over $25 and then got another discount on my card! nice. A 14 pound turkey for $5! Thats how much I usually pay for a chicken! Turkey time, here we come! I love turkey! such good brain food.
Well, Im off to surf the world wide web! Check in soon.
Any big plans for Thanksgiving?
Be so very awesome today! xoxoxo Missy
Old 11-28-2008, 03:06 PM   #183  
A pound lost is a gain!

S/C/G: 265/194.5/170

Height: 5'7"

Hey all! Sorry I have not been posting much lately. Work has been kicking my butt! I have a huge special project that is taking alot of my time and when I get home I am too tired to do much of anything.

My weight loss is doing great - 1 more stubborn pound and I will be at the 30 pound mark so I am very excited!

Thanksgiving was a breeze - we went out to a buffet to eat and I got my protein and veggies and was quite content. Every one else was pigging out and I was acting like a sane person! My goal is to have that one pesky pound gone by the end of the weekend.

Ashley - sorry to hear you won't be around much but I understand too. Stick your head in from time to time and say "Hi". OK?

Missy - sounds like you are doing lots of busy work and that is good - it will help you to not dwell on the things you can not do anything about.

Beachy -sorry for what you are having to go through. I have been there a couple of times myself and both times my husband ended up with better jobs so just remember everything happens for a reason and hang in there!

Talk to you all later!

Jacque
Old 11-28-2008, 03:49 PM   #184  

S/C/G: 213/213/130

Height: 5' 0"

Well, to have Thanksgiving in my first week was interesting. I did eat dinner with all my friends, but we ate off luncheon plates - really curbing the desire to fill huge plates with huge amounts of food. I had tastes of all my faves, but on waking this morning, had no problem getting right back to plan.

I hope to lose some weight by Sunday (end of my week 1). time will tell.

hope everyone had a great Turkey Day. I think I'll go to the grocery store and get a turkey on sale to cook up for my lean and green meals. portion it out and vacuum seal it for quick dinners.

Terri
Old 11-28-2008, 04:05 PM   #185  

Default Detox?

Hi, can anyone tell me about their experience with detoxing on medifast? I just began last sunday - I am a bit cranky, some rash, gastro stuff.

I cannot find reference to it anywhere. How long does it last? does it come back it you have 'real' food for a day (like Turkey day yesterday)

any sharing of experiences will help.

many thanks!
Terri
Old 11-29-2008, 11:17 AM   #186  
A pound lost is a gain!

I had some tummy issues for the first 3 - 4 days and mood swings for the first week or so but it will pass. I am type II diabetic so I think my levels took a few days longer than normal to get on an even keel but be patient and stick with it - you will be glad you did!
I weighed this morning and I lost 3 pounds since Wednesday - not too many people come out on the other side of Thanksgiving with a loss so I am very happy with that!

Jacque
Old 11-29-2008, 12:18 PM   #187  
Oh yeah? Just watch me!

S/C/G: 219/see ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

quick check in... Great Job Jacque! Someone who has lost weight durning thanksgiving?!!! I LOVE it! Way to go! You should be so proud of yourself!
xoxox missy
Old 11-29-2008, 12:37 PM   #188  

Thanks Jacque, I'm type 2 diabetic also. I've been monitoring my sugar levels, this morning it was a bit over 200 again, after being consistently in the mid 100's for a few days. I'll attribute it to the "dawn phenomenon" at this point. I look forward to dropping weight along with blood sugar levels.

I also think some of the tummy issues are because of the metformin.

Good job with losing weight after turkey day. that is amazing!
Take care! Terri
Old 11-29-2008, 05:17 PM   #189  

S/C/G: 233/233/175

Height: 5'9"

I'm planing on starting MF on Monday. I did the program two years ago and I can't wait to start again. I've tried to re-start so many times and it's been hard. I hope that I can be strong and do this with success!
Old 11-29-2008, 09:14 PM   #190  
A pound lost is a gain!

Hi Missy! HOw are things in your world?

Terri - my glucose fluctuated alot at first too but after about 1 1/2 weeks they suddenly dropped and I hover at around 116 - 125. It is amazing! I have my last drink and a protein bar (usually a South Beach 100 calorie) about 30 minutes before bed and that really seems to help with the "dawn phenomenon". You might see if that will help you.

Jen - welcome to our group. We all do the plan a little different from each other but all with a common thread of getting the weight off. If one of us does not know the answer, someone else will!
Old 12-01-2008, 07:45 AM   #191  
I Can Do This

S/C/G: 209/186/160

Height: 5'4"

Good morning everyone,
I hope everybody enjoyed Thanksgiving and the company of their family & friends.

Thanks to all of you who have wished my Grandmother well, I appreciate all your good wishes. She sure is a "tough nut to crack." She seems to be doing well, I was worried about the restrictions of a pacemaker but it seems the new ones they use now have come a very long way. She seems to be OK just achy where they put it in, thats to be expected. She is very demanding and it becomes very draining when you try to help her because whatever you do, its never good enough or done correct. I just have to count to 10 and sometimes 30, LOL. I try to remember that we are all only here for a short while and you never know what tomorrow brings, but man sometimes I could just scream.

Beachy- I'm keeping you and your husband in my thoughts and I hope something will come his way soon.

Djay-I'm still here, just had my attention focused elsewhere for a bit. My focus has to shift to me and my weight loss again, so for a few weeks its going to be "All about me" around here. The rest of them will just have to deal with it.

Hey Missy-- How are you?

Hi Terri, Jacque, Ashley, Lisa, & Dan.

There are so many new MF on here since I've been away 2 weeks, welcome to you all and best wishes for some great weight loss.

Last edited by TwoBThinAgain; 12-01-2008 at 07:57 AM.
Old 12-01-2008, 09:15 AM   #192  
A pound lost is a gain!

Good morning everyone! Hope all are back at it on this Monday after the holiday! We get a 3 week lull in food until we have to stare at it again!
Susan - so good to see you back on the board. That is great news on your grandmother! I hope she continues to amaze you with her progress! I work in the health field and things are changing and getting better everyday. It never ceases to amaze me how much the doctors learn as time goes by on what works and what doesn't for treatments!

Everyone have a great day!

Jacque
Old 12-01-2008, 11:43 AM   #193  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

It's December 1st! (already!??!?!?!?!) we need to start a "december mf chat"...
Old 12-01-2008, 01:37 PM   #194  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Here's the link to the new chat.
Closed Thread