Old 08-07-2008, 06:51 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 350/239/160

Hi Y'all,

I finally got my first shipment today and I am totally rarin' to go. Is the oatmeal as bad as everyone says? Should I just make cookies out of it right off the bat?
My friends and fam know I am on Medifast now which is great because I feel so good about this new approach. I am going to watch the Olympic Opening Ceremonies at a friend's house and she has already promised a lean and green meal.
I know this burst of enthusiasm is bound to turn into hungry grumpiness over the next 3 days.
Thanks for reading. I really appreciate this group.
CatWuv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 01:33 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 299/240/170

CAT....Only the first 4 days were hungry for me. You will get through it! That oatmeal is horrendous. Make the muffins. they are decent. I eat them on the road because I have a 2hr/day commute. Good Luck!

djay...I am so happy for you! You are so determined! a warrior! It will come off better now. smile!

I put on a pair of pants I haven't worn in a year today. that's a good thing. I'm only about 30 lbs away from a closet of new (old) clothes!! Keepin the faith over here.
ROMANS828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 11:04 AM   #33  
Oh yeah? Just watch me!

S/C/G: 219/see ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

Good morning gorgeous girlies!
Hooray for Djay!!!!!! Its about time too, right. Good job sticken too it! Im so proud of your tenacity. Many others would have been discouraged and quit and its such an inspiration to see your attitude and perserverance! You go girl! You are soooooo close to onederland!

Romans, I feel ya. Little ones, sickness, allergies, YUCK! Be good.

The oatmeal is a matter of opinion and debate here. *Ahem*, there are a small few of us who actually like the oatmeal! Give it a try before you decide weather you like it or not. (I always make my kids try things before saying they hate it) It has a very good flavor the texture is like old fashioned rolled oats. I actually save it for my nightcap, last sweet taste of the day.

Havnt seen Nikki for a while, hows our party girl?

Miriam, been hold'n you in my thoughts and prayers. Hows things goin?

Well ladies, my dad went in for surgery this morning, say a little prayer for Papa Tony and his recovery, if you could. Like most women, I love my daddy and hate any reminder that he is human and not superman.

Keep up the good work pals! with love, Missy
missygith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 06:10 PM   #34  

Hi everyone,
I am new to this also and I have to say I really love medifast! I have never loved a diet program before. I did LA and lost weight but I did not enjoy it. I was hungry and because I ate a variety of foods my cravings did not go away. I have no cravings with medifast or no hunger which is amazing for me. I feel like I could do this forever and this has never happened to me before. I would always end up going back to binge eating and my cravings for fastfood and junk would be so high I could not resist. I also would cheat on my other diets because of the cravings but I have no desire to cheat. I am very satisfied. I do like the oatmeal, pudding, soups, shakes, bars, but don't really enjoy the fruit drinks. I do have one problem, though, I feel so good and energized, my workouts feel awesome, BUT I can not sleep! I never was a super great sleeper being that I always am thinking but at least melotin, exercise, etc. helped, but now I am completely awake and I feel my metabolism sky high. Last night I took advice from someone at work and took Benedryl. It worked, but I do not want to have to rely on it all the time. What do you all think?
Tracey
traceym1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 08:23 PM   #35  

So far, so good on the program. I am not feeling too hungry and am looking forward to my L&G for dinner

I have a quick question about diet soda. I read that they are legal but is that everyday or just occasionally ok? I know that soda is not healthy so I am not looking to drink a ton

Thanks for your input!
Old 08-08-2008, 09:13 PM   #36  
Blue Blood

S/C/G: 293/274/150

Height: 5'10"

Missy...keeping Papa Tony in my prayers. Let us know how the surgery goes. I understand about seeing you father like that. I always thought my dad was larger than life...my hero. Seeing him in real human pain was more devistating than going through it myself...Us girls LOVE our daddy's!!

Romans congratulations on the skinny pants I can't wait to get into my old wardrobe! I just love giving Fat clothes to Goodwill!

Hi Cat... Good for you for sticking to it!
You can have diet soda every day. But make sure you get your water in also.
Also, Caffine is supposed to be limited to the equivalent of 3 cups of coffe or 3 diet cokes per day.

Welcome Tracy...I'm sure LA weightloss is a fine program, but it is all about finding the plan that works for you and that you can stick with. Glad you like the Medifast. I haven't had the sleeping problem. I am the opposite. I sleep better now that I am working out.

Have a great weekend!

D

Last edited by djay; 08-08-2008 at 09:14 PM.
djay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 11:25 PM   #37  

Hiya Ladies...

I sure am glad that someone likes that oatmeal. Just the smell gets me ill! I have to say though, I kinda like the muffins.

I never had a supportive father and i've been kinda like the parent with my dad, but I can understand your need for prayer Missy. I will send a few up to the Man.

cat....I allow myself 2 cans of diet md per day. that is a drastic cut down for me! lol I always drink a ton of water too though. I haven't seen a prob with the soda.

tracey...glad to hear you like the program. I do too. However, I still want pizza or pasta. actually, I have been having one or the other once a week as my not-so-lean & not-so-green. I figure, at this point it isn't affecting my ability to lose or get right back op the rest of the week. maybe as my weight goes down and my calorie need is smaller, I'll have to nix that! also, can't help you with the sleep thing. I am the complete opposite. I am exhausted!!!! no energy due to low calorie intake. my dr suggested an extra shake a day but i haven't gone there,

I would like to ask for prayer for my DH. We are going through difficulties with his x-wife (divorced 11 years ago!) regarding my step-son. My big, strong DH is hurting. please say a quick prayer. thank you.

Where is operator, lili.....etc We have some MIA's
Old 08-08-2008, 11:34 PM   #38  

Oh Roman,
I will pray for you. I can completely relate. We went through a real hard time also and I thought it was going to kill my dh but we got through it and things do get better but there will always be the ups and downs.

Tracey
traceym1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 07:07 PM   #39  

Hi,

Thank so much for your welcomes and answering my questions.

If you have a 100+ pounds to lose does MF recommend that you up your calories to around 1200? I saw something on their website mentioning it.
Thanks again for your invaluable advice!
Old 08-10-2008, 03:37 AM   #40  

Thanks for the prayers tracey. I heard from God today so at least I feel direction. It seems like as soon as difficult times arise, I want to eat. Old habits die hard! I am going to go make some of those oatmeal muffins! Notice, it is 3:36am. Working night shift messes with you. I should be sleeping!!!!! I hope all is well everywhere in Medifast land!
Old 08-10-2008, 12:06 PM   #41  
Oh yeah? Just watch me!

S/C/G: 219/see ticker/140

Hey Ladies! Its a beautiful morning here, hope everygthing is wonderful in your necks of the woods! Sooooooo, I took the boys out last night to see a movie, (finally saw Prince Caspian, very good!) and completly blew it! I could not stop! I had to have movie theater popcorn! I LOVE the stuff! I havent weighed myself yet to see if there was any damage... The movie is 2 hours long... the smell of popcorn, OMG! I didnt even care about anything but the popcorn! Oh well, back OP. We have a birthday party to go to today, I love these fun summer days, gonna hit the swap meet too, and try to get to the Tattoo expo. (I've got $210 so far for my new tattoos!)
Papa Tone seems to be ok, lots of nausea from the meds. We went and saw him last night, he looked so small in the hopspital bed, I hate that!
Ok, I ramble, sorry.
Have a wonderful sunday you strong girls! Be OP and rock it! Love, Missy
missygith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 12:16 PM   #42  
Blue Blood

Missy...How did your father's sugery go? Hope all is well!

Romans...I will pray for your dh and all of you. I know how much ex's can affect families! I feel your pain on the night shift! (haha! I just had a typo and left the 'f' out of the word shift...but the sentence still worked) I did the night shift for years! Never could get the deep sleep long enough to feel rested. Especially with a family!

Cat...I never heard that about upping the calories, but if it came from the Medifast site, that is what I would go by. Also, there is a link on the Medifast site where you can chat live and ask questions. I'm sure that they could tell you the right amount of calories and how to get them.

Wasn't someone on this thread participating in a clinical trial of a supplement that was supposed to help maintain a weight loss? There was an article on FoxNews about alpha-lipoic acid, and that was the claim. I was just wondering if that was the supplement that was involved and how it was working out?

D
Old 08-10-2008, 12:19 PM   #43  
Blue Blood

Ooops I must have been typing when you posted, Missy! Glad Papa Tony is recovering well!
Old 08-12-2008, 07:29 AM   #44  

S/C/G: 315/296/165

Good morning ladies! I am back from my trip to Tennessee and had an enjoyable week away from the hubby and kids...back to carpool and laundry!

I did not stay OP while I was gone but I got in a lot of activities, shopping, shopping, shopping...we also went up Cades Cove and did some hiking and did some fishing at the family pond and had to hike over there and back. I was not too bad with my food choices though so hopefully I did not gain. I weigh in next week so we will see what happens, back OP today.

Have a good day, I need to go catch up on the reading to see what you all have been doing while I was gone.
Gatorgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 07:46 AM   #45  

S/C/G: 315/296/165

Ladies please lift up my dear, dear friend in Ga She is 34 and was pregnant with her first child, 22 weeks. I found out when I got home last night that something happened over the weekend and she delivered her precious little boy. (when I get more info I will let you know what happened) He lived for a little over an hour before passing on. I want to try and get there for the funeral tomorrow but since I just got home from a week away I don't know if I can, it is a 6 hour drive for me. They are clinging to HIS promises right now and hurting and my heart is broken for them so please lift up them up
Gatorgrl is offline   Reply With Quote