Old 07-05-2008, 01:49 PM   #31  
Oh yeah? Just watch me!

S/C/G: 219/see ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

OMG Operator you had me busten up! (I'm so sorry to laugh at your misfourtunes with DD.) She sounds alot like my brothers... Oh the headaches! Oh, im so glad you see the gift in the OT! Is she still the best birthday gift you ever got? Im sorry to say you made my day. I have to go to my DH "company" picnic today. Jeesh, they do it big and fatty! Picture this a couple hundred longshoremen with about 50 square feet of grill. Oh, man... Salmon, burgers, oysters on the halfshell, dogs, brawts, chicken, strawberry shortcake. OK. So I got my game plan this time out. One shake an hour before we get there... Play all the games with the kids, the bouncy houses, face painting, craft table... and if i cant resist? Swap out my L&G dinner for a small taste of chicken L&G lunch. My DH, DKids and Dad are gonna be there to support me. Im also gonna bring chicken noodle soup in a thermos and a bar. Im 99.99999999% positive I can make this! I think this is the one day a year I would ever worry about. Hope you all had a great 4th! Sorry again Operator!
missygith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 03:22 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 256/230/130

Height: 5'2"

Got through the 4th without falling off the wagon! I had 1 bite of macaroni and 1 bite of potato salad - still wound up w/9 pound weight loss in 8 days!! I told everyone "I can't have that right now, but I'm fine". I ate my lean and green (naked burger and salad) and I WAS fine!!! Instead of dessert, I made some chocolate pudding and ate that slowly while everyone else scarfed down Rice Krispie treats and pie. (I actually enjoyed the self-righteous feeling of not being a piggie!! )
nursejoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 04:24 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 315/296/165

Congrats Nurse! 9 pounds is awesome This was the first year that we stayed close to home for the 4th so I got through it too. We are off to a baseball game tonight and I am drinking 2 shakes right now so I am not scarffing down hotdogs, etc... later.

Hope everyone else had a great 4th!
Gatorgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 09:42 PM   #34  
Operator265

I'm glad you enjoyed the post Missy. Yeah, I have to see the humor in stuff or I'ld be locked up in a rubber room by now. I grew up watching M*A*S*H so you can tell where my sense of humor comes from. And if you don't think raising teenagers is a was zone, then you haven't been there.

Way to go on the 9 lbs Joan and making it through the BBQ. See, you can do it.

Gator-Good job planning in advance. That's the only way you'll be able to make it.

Good Luck Everyone.
Old 07-05-2008, 10:38 PM   #35  
Operator265

And Missy, never feel clueless for asking a question. I didn't know what they were when I saw them on a post. Thank God for Google. That's why we're here, to share what we know and learn from others.

I'm ignorant about alot of things. But, that can be fixed by asking, listening and learning. Stupid people are unwilling to learn. Therefore, STUPID is FOREVER!!!

Last edited by Operator265; 07-05-2008 at 10:39 PM.
Old 07-06-2008, 12:24 AM   #36  
Oh yeah? Just watch me!

NurseJoan!!!!!!! amazing 9 lbs. I bet your on cloud 9! Way to rock out the first week. Take that fat! Pow! Bam! (watching too much old batman lately)
Operator, I love your posts!
You always have the patience of a ... mom of a teen! (or teen minder) Thanks for your helpful replies, your info, your great posts, (seriously I keep thinking of your car hitting your truck, & cant stop doing the shaking my head sad laugh at it all) + +
Happy to all! Missy
Old 07-06-2008, 12:39 AM   #37  
Operator265

Missy--Hey, I see those little freakazoids you have in your avatars!!!! Your time is coming my Dear. Just wait, you'll see. Middle aged parenthood is coming for you. Mwahahahahahah:
Old 07-06-2008, 01:06 AM   #38  
Oh yeah? Just watch me!

LOL I know, I know, I knowThere are moments when I stop in the middle of something Im doing, (mentally), with them and think, "I need to keep this in my heart tight, I cant forget how sweet and loving and amazing you boys are" Oh, now I cry... I am such a crybaby I know all the crap I gave my folks... if Karma paid any attention to me, I am in trouble! The 2 boys are opposites. I was thinking of getting the 2 of them tattooed on my shoulders. An angel and a little My crafty charming fox on one shoulder and my little devilish stinky skunk on the other. Ah, Tony.... I'll still be here needing support for all the emotional eating!
Old 07-06-2008, 09:50 AM   #39  
I'm on my way...

S/C/G: 264/246/135

Height: 5'3"

Hey guys, glad to see you are all doing so well... I have such a hard time with success. Whenever I hit a milestone, I seem to have days that I go off plan. Buying those clothes - I've had several days where each day I've had something off plan and have gained 4 pounds <rolls eyes> but thanks to Medifast I'm still down from a few weeks ago! I just have to buckle down and get back on plan again!!

I think I'm really scared of succeeding. I blame so much on my fat, and I'm used to it. I want to get over that and be free.
mirihawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 11:42 AM   #40  
started IP 10/27/2012

S/C/G: 250.4/237.8/145

Hey everyone--

Hope everyone had a great 4th of July! Congrats to everyone who stayed OP over the holiday. Unfortunatly I did have some movie popcorn last pm, but got right back OP this morning.

Operator, OMG...you are soooo funny. I read your post this morning about your car and your truck and about fell over laughing....Sorry for the trouble, but at least you have a good attitude about it.

Nursejoan----Congrats on the 8lb weight loss...that is amazing!!!!

Gatorgirl, do the fit flops really help tone your legs? U have a friebd who bought them and didn't like them so I have been hesitant about getting a pair. Saw them on Oprah on her summers favorite things show.

Missy--Congrats on your first week of success.

Romans----This is a great group who will offer you whatever you need from any suggestions about the food, a friendly ear, or a cheering section. I don't think I would be doing so well without these girls encouragement.

Miri--Don't be too hard on yourself. Losing weight is sometimes more of an emotional challenge than a physical challenge. Being overweight, I have hidden behind my fat for a long time. Everyone has there good times and bad times, and you will get through it. And you are still down, so you are still succeding.

Well everyone, hope you have a good day. Tomorrow is weigh in day. Hopefully I won't have to pay too much for the popcorn.

Last edited by Nikki2476; 07-06-2008 at 11:42 AM.
Nikki2476 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 12:08 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 195.5/182.5/130

Operator, I'm laughing at your post too! Good to have a great attitude about stuff like that, keeps you from strangling your kids. I don't have any yet, but hopefully someday I'll know what you're talking about. I have a small inkling of it from the pain I put my parents through!

Nursejoan, Great job with the 8 lbs!

Missie, how did your bbq go?

Miri, don't beat yourself up about it. You know most of us have gone off plan and you were here cheering for us when we got back and we'll be here for you. You can do this! The four pounds will come off in no time and you'll feel much stronger for it! Keep hanging in there!
LiLi Gettin Thin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 12:33 PM   #42  
Releasing the inner hiker

Miriam, I completely understand the fear of success. I do it to myself as well. Last year I lost 30lbs and then stalled. This year, I lost 30lbs and stalled. It is bizarre to me, as I just want to get rid of this weight. I guess I wonder who I will be, as it has defined me for so long.

Operator, your story was hilarious, although I know it was probably very frustrating at the time. It was funny to read, though.

I hope everyone is having a lovely Sunday afternoon. I went for a hike this morning with my dog...one much more challenging than I've been on recently. Came home and the dog had a seizure. She is prone to them (thyroid issue), but hasn't had one in quite a while. It is always so scary to watch her have one.

You know, I am starting to break my daily weigh-in habit. I haven't stepped on the scale since Thursday. I'm hoping I'll see good news tomorrow.

Talk with you later chickies!
Zeitgeist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 02:13 PM   #43  
I'm on my way...

S/C/G: 264/246/135

Thanks guys! You all rock. The loving acceptance here really helps.

I've had a good OP day today so far!!
mirihawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 02:40 PM   #44  
Oh yeah? Just watch me!

Hey Miri, I was just talking with my mom about this recently. Sucess and change are strange things. You are a beautiful woman, dont be afraid of that! You can handle this! Feel good!
(When I finally quit smoking I was so terrified that I couldnt possibly figure out how to live without them. It wasnt that I couldnt quit it was that I wouldnt because i didnt know what to do with my hands, or what would I do after I had a meal or have a cup of coffee without one, or how on earth would I manage to talk on the phone without a smoke... I'll never be able to do it, talk without a cigarette? It seriously kept me from quiting for a while... dumb excuse, I know...but, I have been a quitter for 2 years and 9 months! Now I want to be a Loser and a quitter! LOL Sorry for the corny...)
Nikki, I go to movies JUST to get the popcorn, (and treat it like a meal) I feel you. Good for you getting back OP so fast!
Speaking of which... time to go get a shake... Be good Chikas, Missy
P.s. Jen so sorry about your sweet dog. You said it happens, is there anything that can be done? or is it anything that will hurt him ultimatly? Good job on th e Hike.
Old 07-06-2008, 10:48 PM   #45  
Operator265

I happen to know that god has a sense of humor. Every so often, he sits on his throne, looks down and sees me and says "Hey, Mary and Jesus, come here. Watch what I'm about to put her through next. This is gonna be SO FUNNY!!!"

Yeah Miri, I feel your pain. I look in the mirror and the waddle under my chin has shrunk. When I look in the mirror, I'm looking straight on, so my belly doesn't look so bad. I have to turn sideways to see that I still look PG. Actually, I was only 160 when I gave birth to my youngest-full term. So, why keep working so hard?

Why, b/c I want to get back down to a weight that isn't so hard to drag all over the blast pattern. B/c I'm tired of the a$$holes at work judging my mind and abilities based on my waist measurements. And most of all, b/c I want to make sure the little B******s know that I won't date them by MY choice and not b/c I'm too fat to get a man. Plus, I don't want to run out of breath halfway through pounding the living crap out of my DD for backing MY truck into MY car.

You have a positive attitude, Miri. I know that you can get past this hurdle.

Nikki-I wore my FitFlops after working on blast crew for 2 1/2 days and could feel the burn, but even at that it wasn't horrible pain. I hate pain. So I'm going to be wearing them as much as I can when I'm off. I'll let you know how it goes.

Lili-

Jenn-My SweetieHarley(buff cocker) had epilepsy. My X warned me when we got married that he could have seizures and I told him that he better be there when it happened, b/c I couldn't deal with it. Well, Harley switched allegences as soon as I moved in and became My Dog. It was about 3 years before it happened and when it did everyone else got shoved out of the way so mom could lie on the floor and hold him till it was over. My Baby wasn't going thru that w/o me if I could help it. But, it scared the living **** out of me. My heart is with you.

Missy-Yeah, you're a big loser and a quitter. Don't it feel good.

BTW-I'm ssoooo happy to have all you mean, mean witches laughing at my pain. And that damned sandwich is still in my fridge. Oh well. PooPoo Occurs.

Last edited by Operator265; 07-06-2008 at 10:50 PM.