Old 03-14-2008, 08:38 AM   #31  

Height: 5' 7"

I had real problems with my body not moving things through and that made me feel awful. I tried everything but it didn't help. So I am doing a modified MF still using the meals but eating healthy otherwise.
brookelizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 04:32 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 225/205/150

Height: 5"8"

Oh that's right I remember now.

I have been adding flax meal to everything I make with the MF recipes and that really helps. (However it's got some BAD gas making material)

Are you doing the Weight watchers? You and I are going toward the same goal and about the same height.

Are you exercising now?
Vbevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 12:47 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 152/144/130

Height: 5'1

Hi Brooke, I have a question for you. Can you describe the Medifast modified diet? Do you just use like 2 Medifast meals a day and then eat healthy for the other meals?
I'm asking because after I finish my 5 initial weeks on this diet I don't know if I have the willpower to follow the full plan for more weeks! But I'd still like to incorporate Medifast meals into my diet.
Rachel77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 12:32 PM   #34  

I haven't figured it out yet. I am having trouble eating a normal amount of calories. I have charted daily and my calories have been between 1,000 and 1,900 but average 1,250. I should be able to eat 1,600 and still lose at my weight. I have been trying to zig zag, down and up days. If I am not losing much at 1,250 that worries me because if you drop too low, you have no where to go if you hit a plateau since you drop 100 per day every time you plateau. I think MF lowered my metabolism. I've read all kinds of info about how not to lower metabolism but not much on how to recover if you have done that. It has gone slowly this month, down only 4. I need to up my exercise, I go on the elliptical but not every day.

I some days have 1 or 2 MF meals and some days none depending on the day. I still eat every 3 hours.

I think I may try to find a nutritionist just for peace of mind so I know what I am doing. Onederland is so close and I am so impatient! lol
Old 03-16-2008, 10:11 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 163/133/125

Height: 5'0"

Brooke - I share similar concerns and yet I just started MF so I can't blame my slow metabolism on MF. But, as I mentioned in my introduction earlier in this thread, I feel like a chronic, unsuccessful dieter and I fear that my metabolism is really messed up. The last diet I tried prior to MF was Adkins and I did it for 3 weeks and didn't lose weight.

I'm almost finished with my first week of MF and I've only lost 1.5 pounds. And aside from some very minor 'cheats', I stayed on plan. I did have one glass of wine at a friends house, and one night a had a handful of checks Mix. Other than that I've done the 5 and 1, even measuring everything on my L&G. Oh yeah - and one night I sprinkled some toasted almonds on my green salad.

My only thought is maybe I'm going too long between meals and my body is already in starvation mode. I tend to not eat upon awakening and have my first meal at about 1:00 or 2:00 pm. You may recall, I have a problem with night eating so I save my MF bar for when I wake in the middle of the night. So, typical of a night eater, I have most of my meals between 1 pm and 2 am. Then what would normally be a sleep-time fast, is between say 3:00 am and noon to me. As I said, I'm all screwed up.

Maybe this week I'll start forcing myself to eat my first MF meal before noon and see if that helps. In the past, when I eat early, it triggers hunger for the rest of the day. Anyone else have this problem?

Brooke- if you figure out how to jump-start your metabolism, please share!
iamkaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 10:41 AM   #36  
Gettin' Veggie With It!

S/C/G: 02/16/11 196/184/125

Height: 5'8"

Brooke,

I didn't even think about my TOM. I have never really been one for cravings before, during, or after but now that I think about it, I bet that is exactly what it was.

I think I will try the zig zagging of calories once I make my goal. I like the idea of low cal./carb. for a couple of days and then maybe having a little something more on another day. Am I getting this right? For example, you would have a lower cal on MTW and then say on Thurs. you might have a couple hundred more calories? If that is what you are saying then I can see how I would be satisfying. It's sound like treating yourself and I like treats!

Do you know of any good sites that talk about zig zagging calories? I'd really like to look into this a bit more.

Jen

Weigh in today 3.5 pounds down...yeah!
abovethedin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 12:03 PM   #37  

Karen, you really should try to eat earlier. I believe you should eat within 1 hour of waking. And then every 3 hours. Hang with it a bit longer and see if it gets better. Also, I had a hard time getting water in, are you doing that?

Zig zag sites are hard to find. They also call it calorie shifting but they say I should be way above where I am in calories and that hasn't been working.

Most of the sites are for body builders. Look at this one, 2,500 calories for breakfast!

http://ezinearticles.com/?How-to-Cal...hift&id=814828

This one is interesting, it combines zig zag and Weight Watchers.

http://www.stormpc.com/ww/wendie_plan.htm

I am off to make MF waffles.
Old 03-16-2008, 05:07 PM   #38  

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'7"

Hi guys!!

I'm in need of serious help!!! I don't know why, but it's like I REFUSE to stay on plan. I'm so proud of the weight I've lost so far, but for whatever reason I keep eating CRAP!!!!

It all started with the week of my bday, Feb 28. Since then I keep "cheating". The only reason why I haven't gained weight is because I'm still eating nearly all my MF meals too. I've started working out, riding my mountain bike nearly 2.5 miles every day.

I so wish they had a MF center here so that I could go to meetings and be more motivated.

Oh, did I say that a few weeks ago I stopped entering my meals into my Online tracker? Today I counted all my meals, entered the correct totals, and started tracking my meals.
Hope2BLosing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 06:45 PM   #39  
Master of disaster

S/C/G: 269/ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

Hi Samara Sweetie!

I wish I had words of wisdom.... I can manage about 10 days on program before I fall off and go Whole Hog - so to speak. I feel like a dumbass, but there it is. I'm going to go back on program for 3 days. 3 perfect days. I'm going to log my meals and work out. After those 3 days, I'm going to go for 3more days, then 3 more. I will NOT eat anything off program because I can NOT trust myself. When I hit day 11, my personal best, I'm going to buy myself a shirt. Then I'm going to start all over again.

Will it work? Can Michelle finally and forever get below 245 stinking pounds? It hasn't happened yet, but hey, let's give it a try.
michelle127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 06:47 PM   #40  
Master of disaster

S/C/G: 269/ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

Samara, let's log in each day and keep each other honest.... Today I was 100% OFF program.

I'll talk to you tomorrow.
michelle127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 08:44 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 163/133/125

Height: 5'0"

Michelle and Samara - I can totally relate! Although it hasn't happened with MF yet (cause i just started), this is what happens to me too. I'll do great for a while, but once I go off plan in a major way, I have a hard time going back to a strict way of eating.

Here's what happened to me the last time I lost/gained weight. I started a very strict low-carb Atkins type diet at the beginning of the summer. I lost 18 pounds and was so motivated and happy! Then I stagnated and maintained for a while. I was trying to lose, but I kept cheating just a bit each day, never having a really 100% on plan day. Then Thanksgiving came and I allowed myself some home-made Chilean desserts. All weekend long a kept eating these desserts. And afterwards I couldn't get back to the diet. At that point I proceeded to gain all the weight back between Thanksgiving and Christmas. And believe me the 18 pounds came back on a lot easier than it came off.

I'm wondering if it has something to do with being a perfectionist. The book that came with my Medifast order said that a lot of overweight people are perfectionists which can be a real problem when trying to lose weight. They expect to be 100% perfect and when they aren't they can't just forgive themselves and move on. When I read that, it made me wonder if this is part of my problem.

Brooke- this week I'm going to eat my MF meals earlier and try to drink all the water. Thanks for reminding me about the water!

Good-luck and I think it's great if you two check in with each other.
Karen M

Last edited by iamkaren; 03-16-2008 at 08:45 PM.
iamkaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 09:39 PM   #42  
Gettin' Veggie With It!

S/C/G: 02/16/11 196/184/125

Height: 5'8"

Well I am going to join the club. I went completely off of plan today. My husband and I went shopping for our daughters birthday and had Arby's, then I made wonton soup later and had 3 bites of a wonderful chocolate cake. I have to say I do not feel guilty at all and I know tomorrow I will be right back on plan. I did notice that about 10 minutes after eating the fast food that my body started to feel weird. The only way I can explain it is, it felt like my body was dizzy. You know the feeling your head gets when you feel dizzy? That is what my body felt like. Then on the way home which is only 20 minutes away, I got really tired and started to fall asleep. My husband thinks it is because I am not used to the junk food anymore. I am starting to realize how much healthier I feel while eating MF. Has anyone else experienced this when going off plan?

I looked up the zig zagging online and found a great site. It sounds very interesting and I think I am definitely going to give it a try when I reach goal.

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!

Happy MFing.

Jen
abovethedin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 11:17 PM   #43  

Michelle- you're on girlie!!! Today I'm 100% on plan. I think that makes me 2/2. I can't remember all of yesterday though!! LOL

Karen- Dieting flat out SUCKS!!! I have never been a major dieter before, however about 3 years ago I went on South Beach. I lost 30 pounds and then went away for a Digi Scrap Weekend in Penn., that was enough to throw me off completely.

Tomorrow my goal is 100% on plan, no sneaking jelly beans in the office, chocolates in the lounge, or goodies at home.....100% on plan is my goal!!!!

Michelle- do you have hello? My user name is Luv2Crop if you want to add me.

Jen- I so wish the went I go off plan that I'd feel something. I feel NOTHING except guilt, and it's not enough to make me stop!! LOL

Last edited by Hope2BLosing; 03-16-2008 at 11:18 PM.
Old 03-16-2008, 11:19 PM   #44  

Ohh, have I bothered to say that NOTHING fits me?? I have a bunch of hand me down stuff from the medifast boards, but most of it isn't my style and therefore I don't feel like myself!!! woe is me.
Old 03-17-2008, 06:03 AM   #45  

Height: 5'9"

Samara, That is awesome that nothing fits you! Your doing great with your weight loss! I can't wait for things to start falling off of me!
Nay75 is offline   Reply With Quote