Old 02-03-2008, 12:23 PM   #1  

Height: 5' 7"

Default One more question... what does water have to do with weight loss?

I would like to know if there is anyone who does not drink water and still has a good weight loss on MF??

I struggle to drink the water and wonder if that is why I don't lose as fast as I might otherwise.

For any of you who have been doing MF for awhile, do you think water speeds your weight loss?

I don't drink it because I can only drink it with flavor and I can only have 2 flavors a day. Now, MF has come out with the new water flavors of their own and they say you can have more of them so can't I have more crystal light??

Thanks...
brookelizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 01:21 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 252/177/150

Height: 5'-6"

Why only two flavors a day? Personally, I hate water. Always have. I've gotten better about it, and I make myself drink it anyway, but there are times when it really makes me gag. I flavor mine with SF syrups whenever I can to make it palatable and keep things interesting. Water has a positive, cleansing effect on the system, but I don't see how that is lost by the addition of flavor.

Perhaps my weight loss might progress more quickly if I drank only unflavored water, I don't know. What I do know is that I've lost 49 lbs. since 10/4 and I'm perfectly satisfied. I love the variety that flavors have added to my diet and I enjoy mixing up Italian sodas just as much as I did when I was shaking up weekend martinis.

I saw something on the Today show recently where they were talking about how much water should be consumed in a day and don't quote me, but the gist of the advice given was that with other (non-caloric) beverages do count toward that daily intake. This, of course, doesn't mean we should be downing caffeine-laden soda all day, I'm sure; but within reason, I don't see how beverages that are 99%-plus water cease to be beneficial as a result of flavor. If they are slightly less beneficial, I would expect that drinking them is still better than not drinking them.

oshvay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 02:53 PM   #3  

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'7"

Isn't it half your weight in water by ounces??? I would love to drink that much water, but being a teacher means bathroom breaks every 2-3 hours. I just can't hold it that long.
Hope2BLosing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 04:21 PM   #4  

Height: 5' 7"

I count my diet coke and the water that I mix into MF!

I called MF and they say you can have 3 of the new water flavors that they sell so I am comfortable having 3 crystal lights per day.

Today I am up to 5 cups of water, whoo hoo!
brookelizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote