Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2008, 12:35 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 225/205/150

Height: 5"8"

Hi everyone.

I spent all day in a Health coach training. One BIG thing I learned is to maximize our weight loss we need to stop doing all of these recipes

We can do them once in awhile to change things up, but people who lost the quickest are the ones who followed the; oatmeal, shake, soup, shake, L&G and pudding or hot drink etc.

And of course WATER,WATER, WATER.

I have always added things like sugar free jello, laughing cow cheese etc. While these things are Ok and legal, it will slow down the progress.

I am recomitting myself to the BASICS starting Monday and see if I can see more results at the scale.

My coach and I started at the same time and she has lost 1/2 again as much as I have. She follows the plan closely.

I also got to try the new momentum flavors and they are great! Very tasty and they are supposed to speed your metabolism to burn an additional 100 calories.

Anyway interesting and inspiring group of people. People who have lost over 150 pounds were there and they looked great!

Have a great superbowl and watch the "legal" snacks!

I am cutting up cucumbers and celery and arming myself with a GALLON of water
Old 02-03-2008, 12:48 AM   #32  

Height: 5' 7"

Thanks for the help, it must have been a fun day.

Did they say if not drinking the water has an effect? That's the one thing I do not do. And did they say how many of the new drink things you can have a day? I thought you could only have 2 crystal lights.

You can make the chocolate with coffee and ice, that changes the taste. Chocolate is my favorite, I don't care for the fruit drinks. Funny how we are all so different that way.

Tomorrow is my weigh in day!
Old 02-03-2008, 12:50 AM   #33  

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'7"

You know, I think you are on to something here! This week I have not lost nearly as much as I thought I would have. I really think it's "all" the experimenting I've done in addition to my FAVE snack, Laughing Cow cheese. Tomorrow I vow to start 100% as recommended by MF.

I do have a bit of a problem with my conferences. Perhaps I'll mix my shakes before my conference and take them with me.
Old 02-03-2008, 08:12 AM   #34  
Gettin' Veggie With It!

S/C/G: 02/16/11 196/184/125

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by StickySlope View Post
Hello Ladies,
I began MF on Wednesday the 30th. EEEK! 250!!!

As of this morning -6 lbs. Is that normal?
Sticky,

My first week I lost 11 pounds! Had me a little nervous but immediately after my first week I slowed dramatically. I began at 239(5'8'').

Congratulations on the 6 pounds! That is wonderful!

Jen
Old 02-03-2008, 08:21 AM   #35  
Gettin' Veggie With It!

Default My Sunday Weigh In

I am a member of ONEDERLAND!!! Just barely but I am there and I will take it!

I told myself that if I didn't make it today, I was going to have some of the snacks and lunch I am making for my husband and kids, but now, I feel energized! I feel so light on my toes!
Old 02-03-2008, 08:36 AM   #36  

Vbevens - I have pretty much (except for yesterday) not altered the program or the mixes except to add a Splenda or two. I've lost 18 pounds in a month. I don't think the sugar-free jello a day (5-10 calories) is going to slow the weight loss, but other things like the Laughing Cow are more significant - calorie, fat-gram, and carbohydrate wise. I have only made one recipe and that was the Cream of Chicken soup chips I made yesterday. I don't think I'll do that again, except in an emergency. I can't help but believe all that baking powder will affect the total carbs for the day, and we're like at the top limit of ketosis when we're on program.

I've even considered switching the bars in the afternoon for a shake because the shakes are much lower carb than the bars to see what effect that would have on my weight loss.

Good news. I was still in ketosis this morning, so my salmon salad yesterday for lunch and steak and crab for dinner didn't throw me off there. I didn't weigh this morning, though. Tomorrow is my regular weigh-in.
Old 02-03-2008, 11:06 AM   #37  

Vbevens - Thanks so much for that info! I haven't tried any recipes only because I am afraid I won't like them and I will use that as an excuse to eat off plan so I will stick to just the MF foods with the L&G meal.

Then again, I already have my transitioning part planned and will start that sooner rather than later
Old 02-03-2008, 11:31 AM   #38  

Height: 5' 7"

Congratulations abovethedin!!! That is so exciting! No one but us has any idea just what a big deal that is. I am doing a little dance for you.

Today is my weigh in day and I have lost 8 lbs in 2 weeks. Not exactly fast but I love 10 in the 2 weeks before I started on my own so that may have something to do with it. I have lost 2 1/4 inches off of my waist in 2 weeks. That's all I measure.

I also bought pants from a real store! I found some cords on sale at J Jill and squeezed into a 16. They will not be comfy for a bit but they were $14 and soon all of my size 18 will be too big. I am wearing my daughters Gap and Old Navy cast offs so it will be nice to have some pants that I picked. I don't like my pant waist down so low!

I too will stop cooking and stop eating my one piece of laughing cow. The shakes are really my favorite anyway. I don't eat a bar everyday but I do need to increase my water and veggies. Some days I eat no green.

I am having a Superbowl party and they are going to order pizza. I can handle that. My bestfriend is coming and I have to hide what I eat from her, she likes me fatter than her. That's a thread of it's own...

Have a good day! Brooke
Old 02-03-2008, 11:44 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 272/ticker/170

Height: 65.5 inches

Good afternoon Ladies:

Haven't been able to log on in awhile. I just read over the posts and you girls ROCK!!! Everyone is doing great!
I have to admit I had a bit of temporary insanity the past two days. I ate like a pig (100% off plan). I am not going to beat myself up over it. I still managed to lose two pounds this week. I also had a NSV I was able to fit into a pair of bootleg cut jeans size 16 that I haven't been able to fit in for almost two years. I was hoping to get into them so that I could wear them to a baby shower this weekend and looks like I will be wearing them. That just made me realize I need to get my act together and I am totally commited to staying on plan. I can afford to mess up again and have the pants not fit on Saturday. I am also going to the gym atleast 4 days this week. I am hoping for 7 pounds by next Sunday. I may be setting myself up for failure but it won't hurt me to try to get there. If I don't that's ok to.

Hope everyone has a great MF week seems like I only get to log in on Sundays but I will try and check back in before then!
Old 02-03-2008, 01:40 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 252/177/150

Height: 5'-6"

Default Tomato Soup Variety

I recently discovered that if I mix up the Cream of Tomato soup in a blender before heating, the volume increases by nearly half and it really does become creamy. I've been adding some Italian spice to it, which improves the okay-but-a-bit-bland flavor. Last night I tried something different. I added some liquid smoke. If you have some in your pantry, it only takes 2-3 dashes to add a bit more zest (especially if you are like me and don't care for hot-spicy).

Old 02-03-2008, 01:50 PM   #41  
Gettin' Veggie With It!

Brooke,

My favorite MF meals are the shakes too. I think that once I finish all the MF meals I have, I will just purchase shakes and the chocolate pudding. Those really are my favorites. I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend and has a great week ahead.

Jen
Old 02-03-2008, 05:24 PM   #42  
carol

S/C/G: 230/144/145

Height: 5'4"

Talking

Just checking in quickly to say keep going!

I only have 6 more pounds to lose and MF has been such a nice way to get here. I've lost 38 pounds in a little less than 12 weeks of MF. It soooooo works and I feel great. You can all do this: KEEP GOING!

Carol
Old 02-03-2008, 05:54 PM   #43  
Shrinky Dink

S/C/G: 215/157/142

Quote:
Originally Posted by camorgana View Post

I only have 6 more pounds to lose and MF has been such a nice way to get here. I've lost 38 pounds in a little less than 12 weeks of MF. It soooooo works and I feel great. You can all do this: KEEP GOING!

Carol
Carol: Congratulations! That is awesome and very encouraging! You are SO close!
Old 02-03-2008, 10:15 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 250/236/130

Height: 5'1"

Default Wooooohoooo!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by camorgana View Post

Carol
That is so exciting and very inspiring! It always helps to hear success stories. Thank you for sharing.
Old 02-03-2008, 10:24 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 250/236/130

Height: 5'1"

Default Thank you so much for the reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by abovethedin View Post
Sticky,

My first week I lost 11 pounds! Had me a little nervous but immediately after my first week I slowed dramatically. I began at 239(5'8'').

Congratulations on the 6 pounds! That is wonderful!

Jen
It's good to hear that it isn't as odd as I had feared. I hit -9 pounds today and did a little dance of joy followed by that "isn't that too fast" nervousness again. LOL Unfortunately, I'm a bit swollen today (hours after the weigh-in) with back issues so I'm unlikely to show any change tomorrow or maybe even the day after (or maybe even an increase). But that's okay, I've had more than my share of really good moments this week. It'll only be a speed bump and I'm in this for the long haul.

So thank you Jen for the good info and kind words. And to all the ladies, Thank You For The Inspiration And Great Information!
Closed Thread