Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2008, 08:10 PM   #16  

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'7"

THANK YOU!!!! I have to attend three conferences in the next month and am looking for some portable foods!!!
Old 02-01-2008, 10:33 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 225/205/150

Height: 5"8"

Hey everyone. I wish I could get my signature line to work!

I have now officially lost 13 lbs! Yahoo.

I also got into a pair of jeans this morning that I couldn't get into for awhile.

Flo-I think your weekly weigh in is what dooms you. If you weigh more often you can see all of the fluctuations. Also what time of day do you weigh in? If I weigh in even a couple of hours after I get up instead of first thing I can go up on the scale. I prefer the lower number!

I am also ending my fourth week and I do love this program. I have to say that I tend to add more than you probably should. I eat SF jello everyday, and I always have Laughing cow cheese on celery or the MF crackers.

Have a GREAT weekend. I am going to an all day MF training tomorrow, it will be fun to be in a room with all MFers!
Old 02-01-2008, 10:56 PM   #18  

Height: 5' 7"

That sounds like fun! Tell us what you learn please!
Old 02-01-2008, 11:49 PM   #19  

I am SOOOO proud of myself. Today I hosted a baby shower at work for a friend. There was cake, milk, and some cookies. I IGNORED IT ALL. I served everyone their cake and grabbed a diet coke. I shouldn't have even had the diet coke (I haven't had one in 2 weeks). I had NO desire to have that cake!!!!! Someone asked me why I wasn't having cake, I said, "I lost ten pounds. Do you have any idea how much ten pounds is?"
Old 02-02-2008, 12:16 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 233/231/160

Height: 5'6

Good attitude Samara!
Old 02-02-2008, 07:29 AM   #21  

That sundried tomato bread sounds yummy. Good going, Samara. Thank you, Brooke. I did make it and when I got up this morning I was down 1.4 pounds from yesterday. That makes it pretty much 18 pounds in 28 days.

Next weekend is my daughter's birthday...<sigh> That'll definitely be an exercise in willpower. My stepmother is making the cake and her cakes are good. I don't know how you did it, Samara - birthday cake is one of my weaknesses...

Last edited by magnolia blossom; 02-02-2008 at 07:33 AM.
Old 02-02-2008, 09:02 AM   #22  

Good job Samara!!!

Kim, what did you make? I don't have cr of Tomato or I'd try it in bread. Hope your travels go okay. For the lean you could just go to fast food and get a grilled chicken sandwich plain and then dump the bun.

Birthday cake, specifically the frosting is my biggest weakness of all. People tease me about my frosting addiction. I pick all of the roses off of cakes. So, how about if you ask to have the cake in a flavor that the bday girl will like but you won't? Maybe bubble gum or cherry? I like vanilla so if the cake were chocolate that would keep me away.

I have vowed not to have cake until my daughter's wedding which is in 11 months!

We can do it!!

My weigh in is tomorrow.

Last edited by brookelizabeth; 02-02-2008 at 09:05 AM.
Old 02-02-2008, 10:11 AM   #23  

Me again.

I made the oatmeal waffle this AM and it was very good!

1 oatmeal packet (blueberry was excellent)
1 egg white or 2 Tbsp egg beaters
1/2 tsp baking powder
add water to form a batter

You could add cinnamon, splenda etc. but I didn't have to

It made 2 of the square waffles and was just like a waffle! I am not sure how it
would keep.
Old 02-02-2008, 11:07 AM   #24  

Height: 5'5"

I have been on MF for 120 days as of today. I can honestly say that this diet has changed my life! I am wearing jeans size 8 or 10 instead of size 18. I feel so incredibly energetic. One of my daughters weighs 55 pounds, so I have a real understanding that I lost a lot of weight.

I will tell you that, hands down, the best MF meal is the chocolate puddings made into a shake by using 8 ounces of water, some ice, and a packet of splenda.

All of that said, I am now considering adding one piece of fruit a day and slowing down my rate of loss. It seems sort of processed to keep eating powdered food, and I am ready to start transitioning back, very slowly, into real life.
Old 02-02-2008, 11:13 AM   #25  

That is such an inspiration! Thank you.

So, tell us about your jouney please! What did you eat, what did you do for exercise. Did you have troubles? Did your weight ever stall?

I think adding a piece of fruit sounds like a sensible start to getting back to normal. Oranges are really good right now, I have only been on MF for 2 weeks.

For the rest of us, if we are strong and stay with MF we'll be able to enjoy the wonderful blueberries all summer as we sit in shorts! I always call capris my fat lady shorts!

I am going to try your choc pudding recipe right now! It's saturday, I am behind on my MF and I've had zero water. tsk tsk

Last edited by brookelizabeth; 02-02-2008 at 11:14 AM.
Old 02-02-2008, 01:25 PM   #26  
Shrinky Dink

S/C/G: 215/157/142

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lettingslenderin View Post
I have been on MF for 120 days as of today. I can honestly say that this diet has changed my life!
This program is definitely changing my life, too! I was looking at your ticker....have you lost 58 pounds in 120 days? Did you do another diet program before you started MF? I have been doing this for exactly 4 weeks (yesterday). I think I've lost 14 pounds since I started.....I'll weigh in tomorrow. I broke down and bought some sugar free popsicles yesterday to get me through a 'hunger spot'. I ended up eating 2 (not at the same time). I really think it saved me from eating a bag of bagels!

Also, I was wondering if any of you ladies have had this diet affect your TOM? Mine is late, I'm hanging onto water weight AND I feel like a crazy woman! I thought I read somewhere that the soy and the reduced calories could affect your cycle, but now I can't find where I read it. I really hope it starts soon!

Great work everybody! Have a wonderful weekend!

Last edited by Andiemom; 02-02-2008 at 01:26 PM.
Old 02-02-2008, 05:41 PM   #27  

This morning I drank the Chai and I loved it!!! I put the water and the Chai into a shaker, then poured it into a coffee cup to mircrowave. I liked it so much that not only did I have it for breakfast, I had another for my afternoon meal!!! LOL

I made the Vanilla cookies today for my mid-morning meal. Today was the first day of baseball and I needed two portable meals.
Old 02-02-2008, 06:46 PM   #28  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lettingslenderin View Post
I have been on MF for 120 days as of today. I can honestly say that this diet has changed my life! I am wearing jeans size 8 or 10 instead of size 18. I feel so incredibly energetic. One of my daughters weighs 55 pounds, so I have a real understanding that I lost a lot of weight.

I will tell you that, hands down, the best MF meal is the chocolate puddings made into a shake by using 8 ounces of water, some ice, and a packet of splenda.

All of that said, I am now considering adding one piece of fruit a day and slowing down my rate of loss. It seems sort of processed to keep eating powdered food, and I am ready to start transitioning back, very slowly, into real life.
You have done such a fantastic job and are a great role model to us all!!! Please keep up with us all while you start transitioning... and great job
Old 02-02-2008, 06:47 PM   #29  

Brooke: I made them with Cream of Chicken soup. It was okay, but a little chewy. I had them for snack. For lunch I had a grilled salmon salad with parmesan peppercorn dressing (which I just dipped the tines of my fork in - so I had less than half). We're back and for dinner I'm going to have crab legs. Now - am I off program? Yes. Am I going to lose my ketosis? No. Will my weight loss stall? Maybe. I'm a frosting junkie, too. I always pick the piece with the most icing. I"m going to have a piece next week, though. I've already decided.

Letting: That's super. It's amazing, really how well you've done. I'm not sure I'll make it over 4 months. I'm struggling at month one.

Great going to all us LOSERS!
Great going
Old 02-02-2008, 11:52 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 250/236/130

Height: 5'1"

Hello Ladies,
I began MF on Wednesday the 30th. EEEK! 250!!!

As of this morning -6 lbs. Is that normal? It's kinda fast. I'm following the plan and drinking more water than I have ever have on a daily basis.

I've not tried any recipes but have had to "doctor" things a bit to make them more palatable. I found that the odd after-taste on the shakes really got to me. So, I add about 1/4 - 1/2 tsp of crystal lite to it ( orange to the orange shake and the raspberry green tea to the strawberry shake ). It made them delicious. I also tried the Morning Star Farms Mushroom Lover's burgers tonight. Hopefully they're not too off plan. They're delicous and much less awful than I normally eat (complete fast-food junkie).

Maybe that's why I'm losing quickly. I usually eat A LOT of fast food. So maybe my body appreciates the lean and green so much, it's giving me a gift.
Closed Thread