Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2008, 07:44 AM   #151  
Gettin' Veggie With It!

S/C/G: 02/16/11 196/184/125

Height: 5'8"

Yikes! I have two in atleast two cups a day!!! Hmmm....hopefully I am not over doing it.

Jen
Old 02-15-2008, 08:30 AM   #152  

Height: 5' 7"

Some things I take with as they say a grain of salt what ever that really means! If I have more splenda and don't eat anything off plan, that is still a good day to me! If it means drinking water vs not drinking water, I'll use more crystal light than they say I should. I am a diet coke addict and I am trying to cut that down to 2 per day.

Happy Friday!!!
Old 02-15-2008, 10:40 AM   #153  
Incredible Shrinking Sue

S/C/G: 284/146/150

Height: 5'6"

According to the Quick Start Guide, we are only supposed to have UP TO 3 condiments a DAY! Yikes!! That is only 3 Splendas (count Crystal Light in that) & that would mean no spices, Molly McButter, SF syrups, etc. Pretty tough to do. The up to 3 condiments/day is for optimal weight loss & I think they recommend that to make it easy to stay within their guidelines for weight loss.

I like the higher carb veggies (like broccoli & green beans) so I would have to be careful about my condiments. I logged everything in (Splenda, SF syrup, spices, Molly McButter, etc.) & it really is interesting to see how these little items add up in a day. Might be worth trying to see how your typical day's menu adds up & then you know if your typical diet is below their cal/carb guidelines or if it is higher, it could be bringing you slightly out of ketosis which would slow or stall your weight loss. I did that quite a while back & stopped being so liberal with all my condiments. I still used over 3/day though.
Old 02-15-2008, 10:51 AM   #154  

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'7"

I managed to get through my conference day. Lunch was interesting. We went to the soup plantation and can I tell you...........they have almost NO protein in that blasted salad bar!!! I did purchase a measly 2 oz of chicken breast for $1.50 more. I added some egg to the top of my salad as well. The meeting room was FREEZING COLD. I had a chill all the way to the bone. I got home and took my temp., I was at 99, an hour later I was at 102. All night I went between freezing and burning and serious aches and pains. At one point last night, I wanted to write a letter to my family telling them I loved them. Needless to say, I'm home today. I'm feeling a little better, my fever is down, the aches are minimal, but now I'm practically coughing up a lung. Yesterday I couldn't even get in all my meals, I just didn't have the strength. Wish me well thoughts please, I need 'em.
Old 02-15-2008, 02:57 PM   #155  

S/C/G: 225/205/150

Height: 5"8"

Hey brookelizabeth! I have ridden with Lance three times now! Hey I squeeze my a$$ into those shorts and pedal my a$$ all over Oregon! The first ride I did 40 miles but by about mile 35 I was walking my bike. Some guys rode by and asked if anything was wrong with my bike and I yelled back "Just out of gas!"

Back then I was even smoking! Last year I got to meet Chris Carmichael who was Lance's coach. He is great and his book is really good. If you husband doesn't have it you should get if for him.

Anyway-I am down another pound and feeling good!
Old 02-15-2008, 05:58 PM   #156  

Get well soon Hope!

Tomorrow's the big day for me!
Old 02-15-2008, 06:08 PM   #157  

Jen: I always use more than 3 splendas a day and I check my ketones. I've been in the small amount consistently - which is where it needs to be.

Samara: You're a hoot! I'll be sending get well wishes to you.

Vbevens and Brooke: My husband biked the Keys last year. He used to road *and* mountain bike, but he's not done much of either since we had our daughter 3 years ago. This year he's biking the Outer Banks. I just hope he doesn't leave at the tail end of school like he did last year. It's a really rough time for me. He has five bikes!

Have a great weekend!
Old 02-15-2008, 06:25 PM   #158  
Gettin' Veggie With It!

Well, I blew it today! At about 2pm or so, I got this huge craving for bread, so I cooked some Grands rolls and ate TWO! Then I ate some Hersheys kisses. It all hit my stomach like a rock. I am really going to have to remember this feeling the next time i want something. It definitely was not worth it. Oh, and within about 20 minutes of eating the rolls I got extremely tired. It must have been the bread....hmmm.....

Jennifer
Old 02-16-2008, 04:35 AM   #159  

Height: 5'7"

Default I'm new here, may I join you ladies?

Hey there ladies,

I've had this website in my favorites for years but have never joined one or posted on one before now. I've read over the board and found y'all on the Medifast program. ( it's not a diet, says Dr. A.)

I'm starting again on Monday. I did a short try at it this past Summer but I didn't have much success with it although I was completely compliant for three weeks. I am a very slow loser and each time I try to lose, it has gotten even harder to move those numbers. I really enjoyed this program but when it came to time to reorder, I got so confused and just dropped it since I had only lost 4 lbs. over a three week period. I got very disappointed and ended up just giving up...until now! So, here I go again with Medifast and decided I would try to join a group for and to give support.

Btw...I've never tried to join a website or posted anything before so there is just not much telling what is going to show up on my info over there<<<

b' sweet..and the best of love.....
Old 02-16-2008, 08:16 AM   #160  

Welcome,Tapestry! I like this forum. Everyone is nice. I have lost faster on this program than I did on Weight Watchers. I used to lose really quickly - then I had a baby.

Jen, honey. Don't beat yourself up. Just get up and get back on program. I went off totally Sunday because of my daughter's birthday. That's just an excuse, though. I had been feeling terribly deprived and resentful. For me, that's one of the biggest problems. I just got up, though, Monday morning and started again. By Wednesday I was back in ketosis and I've actually lost another 2.4 pounds since then. When I weighed Tuesday morning I was up 2.6 pounds. I lost that and am down *another* 2.4. You'll be fine, sweetie.
Old 02-16-2008, 09:14 AM   #161  
Gettin' Veggie With It!

Kim,

Thanks for such an encouraging post. I told my daughter yesterday I need to remember how I feel after I eat bread. She agreed. I told her the problem isn't really whether or not I remember, it is whether or not I actually care at that moment. I think after the stomach ache I had last night, I will care. I never had a problem eating bread before but I think now that I haven't in such a long time that maybe my system is getting used to eating healthier...? Oh and the chocolate I ate didn't taste the same, which I find very strange, 'cause I am a huge chocolate person. It was very sweet though, not like I remember. Ultimately, I think that is a good thing.

Jennifer
Old 02-16-2008, 09:34 AM   #162  

Quote:
Originally Posted by abovethedin View Post
Well, I blew it today! At about 2pm or so, I got this huge craving for bread, so I cooked some Grands rolls and ate TWO! Then I ate some Hersheys kisses. It all hit my stomach like a rock. I am really going to have to remember this feeling the next time i want something. It definitely was not worth it. Oh, and within about 20 minutes of eating the rolls I got extremely tired. It must have been the bread....hmmm.....

Jennifer
Just jump back on! You're human, you'll make mistakes.
Old 02-16-2008, 09:44 AM   #163  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapestry View Post
Hey there ladies,

I've had this website in my favorites for years but have never joined one or posted on one before now. I've read over the board and found y'all on the Medifast program. ( it's not a diet, says Dr. A.)

I'm starting again on Monday. I did a short try at it this past Summer but I didn't have much success with it although I was completely compliant for three weeks. I am a very slow loser and each time I try to lose, it has gotten even harder to move those numbers. I really enjoyed this program but when it came to time to reorder, I got so confused and just dropped it since I had only lost 4 lbs. over a three week period. I got very disappointed and ended up just giving up...until now! So, here I go again with Medifast and decided I would try to join a group for and to give support.

Btw...I've never tried to join a website or posted anything before so there is just not much telling what is going to show up on my info over there<<<

b' sweet..and the best of love.....
Join us! Welcome! I've found some great support here and I've not been here long myself.
Old 02-16-2008, 10:00 AM   #164  

Height: 5' 7"

Do any chocolate lovers like the banana shake? I need to order some things and thought I'd try them. My daughter is going to sign up so we can stop my autoship and she can start. That way we get free ship and 2 more free weeks. MF said as long as you use a different email address, it's fine if the street address is the same.

I hope you feel better Samara!! Try to get your drinks in if you can.

Welcome Tapestry! I don't lose fast either and sometimes I wonder if it's because I don't always get all 5 MF meals in or drink my water. Did you know that you can exchange things you dont like if you only try one out of the box? I sent back 8 boxes last week.

Jennifer, no big deal! we are all going to do that at one point. It is hard and feeling resentful is sometimes only natural. Thanks for the report on the bread and chocolate. It's good to know that it's not worth it. I survived my company holiday party last night. Dessert bar and all...

Thanks for the info Suesully.

Magnolia, 5 bikes??!! My brother is building one, takes forever. Rick only has 2 bikes right now. He keeps upgrading. Your DH goes on some nice rides, I'll mention the idea to Rick. Or maybe I shouldn't! So far he's content to ride in Wisconsin.

They say biking is the new golf!

Weigh in is tomorrow and I think I am only going to be down 1.

Have a good day everyone!

Old 02-16-2008, 10:22 AM   #165  

Brooke: My husband built one of his mountain bikes, too. His Key West trip cost nearly nothing. They camped out some and stayed in really cheap hotels and used FF miles for the flight. I told him once I would ride with him, but I'm not sure I would enjoy it at all...He's very competitive with me...
Closed Thread