Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 09:19 PM   #136  

Thumbs up

Thanks Brooke!

If I cut out caffeine I get migraines, so I know where you are coming from!

I've picked up so many wonderful tips from here. I'm going to try and get a generic "Magic Bullet" type blender so I can take it to school with me and I think we have a scale but maybe I'll pick up one of those too.

One of my "organizing" things I plan to do tomorrow is take the measurements and weight. Granted they won't be "starting day" but it's something I can do to make me feel like I am starting.

*********** has a section where you can enter all the measurements you choose and will graph them for you. I think I will do neck, upper arms, waist, thighs and calves. It will be very gratifying to see the lines go down!

PS Onions are nasty!

I want the structure; like you I'll "this and that" or I'll "occassional treat" too much. Plus the convenience of meals that can be eaten on the go, like when driving, or sitting in class for that matter can't be beat!

I love the support that's available here, even to strangers!
Old 02-12-2008, 09:33 PM   #137  
Gettin' Veggie With It!

S/C/G: 02/16/11 196/184/125

Height: 5'8"

Hi all,

Has anyone tried the new products from MF? I went to a friends house yesterday and she gave me a bottle of water with an infuser (one of the new metabolism booster products) and it was fantastic. It was so much better than crystal light. I have such a hard time drinking CL. Also, she made a a "shake" made out of the chocolate pudding and it was like eating ice cream! Anyway, I hope everyone is having a wonderful week.

Jen
Old 02-12-2008, 09:35 PM   #138  

Height: 5' 7"

Did you see my note about the Hamilton Beach mini blender? It's $14 at walmart. I don't like walmart, I like target but i seem to be finding stuff at walmart! I also have been mixing shakes at my desk just with ice and cold water, it's fine. I did get a zyliss shaker container at bed, bath and beyond that works well but any container with a lid will work.
Old 02-12-2008, 09:42 PM   #139  

I bought a Bella Cucina rocket blender for about half the price of a Magic Bullet. I think with shipping and everything it was like $31. I actually don't use it much because I do the shakes at school during the day, but it's there if I want it.
Old 02-12-2008, 10:46 PM   #140  

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'7"

Zeute-
I did have horrible headaches for the first three days. Then I woke up on the fourth day and felt WONDERFUL!!!! I also cut out caffeine at the same time. The first day, my head didn't hurt until later in the evening. You might consider starting on Friday, that way you'll have the weekend if day 2&3 are hard on you.
Old 02-12-2008, 11:11 PM   #141  

Brooke - I do remember seeing something about the Hamilton blender. It must have been your note. I looked them up online and they seem to havegood reviews if not some leaking issues. Is that also the one that doesn't seem to have enough room?

Kim - There seemed to be quite a few complaints about the Bella one but that's the style I'm goin for. I can just stick it in my backpack.

Hope - I did consider that; it's a clinical day so timing could be tough. Although I did tell myself that starting on one of my toughest timing days prepares me for doing it when it's easier.
Old 02-13-2008, 10:06 AM   #142  

Hope, you gave up caffeine at the same time? Brave soul! That alone gives monster headaches.

The HB has not leaked and I have room. I would say a shake with some ice and 8 oz of water still leaves 3 inches at the top. I don't put a lot of ice in because it gets watery. The Zylizz is nice but the MF shake smell won't leave the plastic.

Did anyone see the morning new show with the diet coke?? They say it messes with metabolism. I need my diet coke!!! So, if we switch to water with splenda or crystal light etc how is that any different that diet coke?? I am trying to drink water with True Orange and True Lemon today. I don't like it but it's better than plain water and has no artifical sweet. in it. I already had my coffee with THREE splenda packets though.

Be good tomorrow everyone! Remember to tell your sweeties no sweeties! If you don't have a sweetie, be your own sweetie and be good to yourself!

Have a great MFing day!!
Old 02-13-2008, 03:50 PM   #143  

S/C/G: 225/205/150

Height: 5"8"

Hey everybody. I miss Flo! I hope she is doing OK.

I LOVE my magic bullet. I asked for it for Christmas and it was the perfect gift.

I also use an immersion blender at work. I just brought it in today, and it is so much better than shaking in the jar. I made a diet root beer with the Vanilla shake-Fantabulous!

Are we going to designate someone to start up the weekly thread? On Sundays? I will if no one else wants to.

Have a good Valentine's day everyone! Have a chocolate mint bar and a nice bubble bath! Treats!
Old 02-13-2008, 03:54 PM   #144  

S/C/G: 225/205/150

Height: 5"8"

I changed my Avatar. I am very actively involved with Livestrong and love,love, love cycling.
Old 02-13-2008, 05:07 PM   #145  

My order came today. I've entered my current weight and measurements. I was so excited I almost wanted to start today but it was already after noon so I had already eaten off plan. Our kitchen is all emptied out awaiting a new stove delivery; I don't know if that's going to make this harder or easier! lol

It's kind of funny but I also got a swimsuit catalogue from Victoria's Secret today. Talk about motivation!
Old 02-13-2008, 07:39 PM   #146  

Vbevens, my husband and 3 of his friends and my brother ride all spring, summer and fall. Right now my DH rides in the house on his roller thing. They go 15-20 miles before work and on the weekends 70 miles and love to do charity rides. They did one with Lance last summer, it was great. He'd love me to join but I live in fear that he is going to buy me spandex shorts! I need to lose more first, I know that doesn't make sense, it would help me lose. Anyway, it's still snowing here!

Good luck Zeute!
Old 02-13-2008, 09:09 PM   #147  
Master of disaster

S/C/G: 269/ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

Hey did you miss me??? I'm BAAAAAA - AAAAACCCCCKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!

The big mean ole FCAT writing test was yesterday. My kids kicked azz, I'm sure. But good GOSH almighty - I'm a tired girl. No more essays till September!

And yeah, I fell WAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYY off the wagon and gained 6 pounds back. So I went back on today and I'm starving to death. Stupid Michelle.

Flo - you're preggers??? I didn't read the entire thread, so forgive the questions.... Are you back with your BF or are you heading out by yourself?? Either way -- WOO HOOOOO! Congrats my honey!! That's even better than no essays!!

Congrats on the great losses! SweetP - your siggie is down, how much have you lost??
Old 02-14-2008, 07:51 AM   #148  

Welcome back Michelle, we did miss you!!!

Happy Valentine's Day!! May your day be chocolate free. Although the idea of a choc mint bar in the microwave for 5 seconds will be nice! I don't let myself have bars everyday.

I am home to let the puppy out at lunchtime and I just want to say HELP! Everyone at work is talking about heart shaped pizza and I work by an Italian restaurant and can smell it. I came home and had lean turkey wrapped in lettuce leaves instead of a shake. I won't do it but some days are tough! Also, they are selling candy at work! Grrrrrr......

We are also having a snowstorm which I love. Have a good afternoon!

Last edited by brookelizabeth; 02-14-2008 at 01:23 PM.
Old 02-14-2008, 07:41 PM   #149  
Gettin' Veggie With It!

S/C/G: 02/16/11 196/184/125

Height: 5'8"

Hi group,

Can anyone tell me how much splenda is allowed on MF? I know I saw it somewhere but I can't seem to find it now.

Thanks,

Jen
Old 02-14-2008, 11:36 PM   #150  

i think it is 3 but I am not sure, I have 3 in my morning coffee alone!
Closed Thread