Old 01-29-2008, 10:05 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 233/231/160

Height: 5'6

Arrow Exercise Anyone?

Hi everyone!

I thought it would be nice for us to discuss what we are all doing for exercise... I just started doing Hip Hop Abs and a walking program.

What's about you all?

I keep on seeing the infomercial for Turbo Jam and it really sounds interesting... I would like to give it a shot... but i am an infomercial addict and I have bought almost everything under the sun... If you have seen it on TV, It is probably in my closet... LOL... Sad but true! I have tons of money invested in these tapes...

Anyhoo... Turbo Jam seems to be fun and to have amazing results on the lower belly pouch... Anyone has tried it or has any idea of how to get a discount on BeachBody.com?
Floprieto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 10:26 PM   #2  

Height: 5' 7"

I have been going on an elliptical machine at work for 20 mins a day until we bought the same machine and put it in our basement. Now, I don't do it!!! Typical. I plan on starting this weekend as I'll be in 2 weeks.

Did anyone watch Biggest Loser? I won't give anything away but I did scare me when they said not to drop calories too low. I was down 2 shakes for the day and hadn't had all of my l and G so I ran downstairs and had a shake fast and some turkey!
brookelizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 12:27 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 225/205/150

Height: 5"8"

I found a wonderful group of DVD's called Yoga Booty Ballet.

It's fun, fairly easy and the yoga moves really get your movement going, if you know what I mean.
Vbevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 12:28 AM   #4  

I'm waiting on my Fluidity bar (yes, Flo, it came from an infomercial). I have an elliptical trainer but I've not gotten on it yet. Now I'm going to wait until I'm finished with my antibiotics.
magnolia blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 12:35 AM   #5  

A friend of mine got that bar and she really likes it. Looks like a great workout.
Old 01-31-2008, 12:37 AM   #6  
Incredible Shrinking Sue

S/C/G: 284/146/150

Height: 5'6"

I've been using the strength training little videos on the SP website...they've set up a nice weekly routine w/rotating exercises that I like. Been doing WATP for quite a while now. I really like it because it is fast & the time goes by quickly but it's getting to be a bit old. Just ordered the Zumba DVDs...not ready to do that in a class yet! It looks like a LOT of fun & I love the music.
suesully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 12:45 AM   #7  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

I happen to love Leslie Sansone. Nice videos, low impact and the time just flys by. I have around 25 of them now. She just picks me up. I love how chipper she is and I love that I know the moves so the workouts are easy to follow for me. diet.com has some nice videos too.

Last edited by Shy Moment; 01-31-2008 at 12:45 AM.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 11:40 AM   #8  

I also bought the new version of walk away the pounds... I am just not sure if it is very efficient burning fat... When i was about 40 pounds thinner, I did the Firm with the Fanny Lifter and i got results very fast! I lost 1 size in 2 weeks and i saw a difference in my legs after 2 workouts... I absolutely love them... I am thinking about waiting a little while longer before doing it.. like starting when i am back to the 160's...

I also wanted to get the fluidity bar...so let me know how that works for you

Bootty Ballet was also something that sounds appealing... but i am not very flexible,.. and i think it is a requirement in Yoga... Isn't it?
Old 01-31-2008, 03:47 PM   #9  

Zumba Dvds?

Where do you get those? I have heard of Zumba, but we don't have any classes out here in Oregon.

I also like Leslie Sansome. I bought a Denise Austin walking video, it was AWFUL

The music was very mellow and she almost talked in a whisper. Not very motivating.

The thing is I am a member at a wonderful gym, with all of the trimmings including a spa. I need to reorganize myself to go there before work.

Anyone want to set up a challenge?

Commit to so many days of exercise type of thing?

(I wish my signature would work!)
Old 01-31-2008, 04:06 PM   #10  

VBevens: I think the challenge is a great idea! Sign me in We could have our own little group and have the winner every week like they do on the MF board... We could set up a goal for 6 weeks and see if we can reach it!
Old 02-01-2008, 10:41 PM   #11  

Ok.

I am going to work out 4 mornings next week and go to the gym at least once! That is my goal.

I don't know how to set up the challenge though.
Old 02-01-2008, 11:13 PM   #12  

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'7"

I bought one of those indoor walking dvd's (can't remember which one) and I love it!!! I was really surprised at how much I liked it.

I jogged today. Seriously. I was walking my class to the cafeteria for awards and I was walking fast and they weren't keeping up, so I started jogging. LOL

I've only lost ten pounds, but OMG, it seems like so much. Yesterday I picked up a ten pound weight and handed it to my husband. I said, this is how much I've lost, then I turned around and walked away!!!
Hope2BLosing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 06:51 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 250/224/170

Height: 5'4

I have a gazelle that I use for about 15-20 minutes in the morning, then I try to walk at least 1.5 miles after work everyday.
I ordered my Medifast today, they said I should get an email with the tracking info tomorrow.
I can't wait.....I hope that it comes by Friday so that I can have the whole weekend to get in the groove. That way it should be easier at work on Monday.
Stormcrazie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 07:42 PM   #14  

Height: 5' 7"

Storm, I never got the tracking info so called to find out where it was. I guess it's not unusual not to get the tracking but they did call to say it shipped. Mine should ship tomorrow, I am out of oatmeal!
brookelizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 10:15 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 272/ticker/170

Height: 65.5 inches

I was doing the WAP I love them! I have started going back to the gym it is along the lines of Curves as far as the circuit system goes but they do have free weights and some cardio machines. I don't have that much time after I get off work before I have to pick up the kids so I have only been able to do the circuit so far. I am hoping to be able to add the WAP a couple of nights a week also. Count me in for a challenge I need it!
tjjsmom is offline   Reply With Quote