Old 01-15-2008, 02:38 PM   #1  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Need help with start-up

Hi everyone, I've been looking for more info on Medifast and came to this website to see what you all have to say about it. I'm a busy stay-at-home mom who has no time to count calories. It's also hard for me to plan out meals for myself, since I'm cooking for my husband & 3 growing kids. It's just too easy for me to have whatever they're having.
Anyway, I'm not sure where to start: The 4-wk variety pack? or Choose my own 20 boxes? What are your favorites? Also, does anyone have a sample of one day's dietary log on MF?? Thank you so much for any help!

Last edited by Chelle5; 01-15-2008 at 02:42 PM.
Chelle5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 04:00 PM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hi Chelle and welcome to 3FC and to the 3FC Medifast Forum.

There's lots of info on the official medifast site but we chickies have lots of hints too.

Tastes vary so I'd suggest you go for the variety pack.

Here's a sample day for me when I'm being 100% on programme.
B. coffee, apple cinnamon oatmeal
S. shake
L. chili or beef stew or soup
S. cold drink - I love the cranberry mango
D. Lean and green - typically 7 oz shrimp with stir fried veggies done in olive oil served over steamed cabbage
s. a bar
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 04:23 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 233/231/160

Height: 5'6

Mine would be:

B: 1 Oatmeal Muffins
s: 2 Biscuits
L: Chicken soup
4: Banana Bread
D: 6 oz of grilled salmon with broccoli or chicken
S: vanilla ice cream with SF caramel topping
Floprieto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 08:37 PM   #4  

Thanks girls! I'm assuming that Medifast users have discovered these recipes, so as to make the diet less monotonous? This may also be a dumb quest., but if I purchase the 4-wk variety pack, will it include directions, etc? There is not info about the pack other than # and variety of boxes.
Old 01-16-2008, 10:41 PM   #5  

Yes chelle! It will come with all the directions that you need! In case they were to forget, you can download all the info from the medifast website
I do not order from medifast, i go to a center but it is the same process

Florence
Old 01-17-2008, 09:56 AM   #6  

I've seen the Medifast website, but there's also a "Take Shape For Life" site. Which should I order from ?

Florence: Thanks sooo much. I feel clueless, but desperate
Old 01-17-2008, 10:04 AM   #7  

I just talked to someone from "Take Shape For Life". She told me that ordering food from their site is equivalent to ordering from the Medifast site. The only difference is TSFL has nutritional support and there's no extra charge for it. Also, the food is the same price. How can this be? Why wouldn't all online users go for TSFL? Am I missing something?
Old 01-17-2008, 10:36 AM   #8  

NO you are not missing anything! It depends if you need the extra support or not. I goi through a center so that's where i get my support... But quite frankly, the real support i get is through these boards... The TSFL is primarily people that have been on the program with success and now they just pass along their knowledge! I wished i had gone through that, but I wanted my food NOW and did not want a few weeks to receive it . Let me know how it goes!
Old 01-17-2008, 11:03 AM   #9  
Incredible Shrinking Sue

S/C/G: 284/146/150

Height: 5'6"

The Medifast site has a HUGE online community where many get support, post recipes, or ask questions directly to Medifast Registered Dieticians or Certified Personal Trainers. Many love the blog & chat features too. There are also online tools for logging in your meals, weigh-ins, etc. TSFL gives you a personal health coach which a lot of people like & have a 24 hr online support site.

I buy my products directly from Medifast as I did not want a health coach. I have bought products from TSFL back when they used to sell singles. It really is a personal choice. You can buy from both if you like.

I got the variety pack my first order to try out most of the products. From then on, I did custom orders. Tastes vary so widely & what appeals to one, another may hate. Also, some things that you don't like at first you may like after you get used to the program or use one of the zillion recipes over on the MyMedifast site.

Directions are on the packets & you can also print out the mixing instructions from the MyMedifast site.

Typical day for me:

shake or hot cocoa
oatmeal, decaf coffee
soup, chili or MF scrambled eggs
shake
L&G
pudding
suesully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 04:38 PM   #10  

ok. I did it. I ordered my 4 wk supply today & got 1 wk free. I decided to pick and choose my own 20 boxes, because I really wanted to try the eggs (which I eat all the time now) and a few other things. I have to admit that I feel kind of sick to my stomach for spending all of this money. I've never done anything like ths for myself. I really hope I can do it and prove to myself and everyone that it was worth it ($). I'm a little scared
Old 01-17-2008, 07:28 PM   #11  

Good for you, honey!

I tried the eggs this weekend and I liked them.

A typical day for me:

1 - Coffee mixed with hot cocoa or cappuccino with one packet Splenda.
2 - Shake
3 - Soup, Stew or Chili with a SF Jello
4 - Bar
5 - Lean and Green - Chicken or Fish with a big tossed salad and my Walden Farms Dressing
6 - Pudding

I do not like the chai latte. I might change my mind later but I almost gagged when I tried it. I have lost 10 pounds in 10 days...but I weigh every day and I really shouldn't.
magnolia blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 02:04 AM   #12  
Shrinky Dink

S/C/G: 215/157/142

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelle5 View Post
ok. I did it. I ordered my 4 wk supply today & got 1 wk free. I decided to pick and choose my own 20 boxes, because I really wanted to try the eggs (which I eat all the time now) and a few other things. I have to admit that I feel kind of sick to my stomach for spending all of this money. I've never done anything like ths for myself. I really hope I can do it and prove to myself and everyone that it was worth it ($). I'm a little scared
Hi Chelle,
I can so relate to feeling guilty about spending so much money! But you're right...you are worth it! I have only been on this program for 2 weeks but I am so glad I found it! I visited the medifast site (and even put things in my cart) 3 or 4 times before I actually placed my order. Then I thought, OMG...what did I do? I was so excited to start. I'm really glad I found this forum. The women here are very supportive and encouraging. We're all in this together and we're all doing it one day at a time...one meal at a time.
I also find that the boards on the medifast site are really good, too. I really like the 'my medifast' feature and log my food and exercise daily using their online tracker.
You're going to do great! :

Last edited by Andiemom; 01-18-2008 at 02:06 AM. Reason: correct spelling
Andiemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 08:24 AM   #13  

I know the guilty feeling but think of all the $ not spent at the grocery or restaurants.

I picked my stuff too and forgot oatmeal and eggs so placed another small order. My stuff arrived last yesterday and we tried the choc shake, it's good. If you like slimfast, you'll like MF shakes. Wasn't it hard to pick?? In your free week you get chai, cream of broc soup, chocolate and vanilla pudding and hot chocolate. If we don't like something, we can find a recipe that uses it. I was going to sub my own oatmeal but decided not to because it might screw things up.

I ordered on sunday and received my box on Thursday. Starting Sunday.
brookelizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 11:05 AM   #14  

thank you so much for your encouragement. It really does help to know that you are all going through the same feelings! Andread, I'm going over to check out mymedifast now. Thanks
Old 01-18-2008, 04:00 PM   #15  

My tracking info never showed up online so you may have to call them. Also, if you don't like something, it says you can send back for xchange as long as 6 are left in the box. my shaker arrived broken but it's nothing I would want to use, looks like a speciman collection container! lol
brookelizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote