Old 01-13-2008, 01:45 PM   #91  

Sounds like everyone is doing great! Just follow the program 100%, drink your water, get some exercise if you can and be patient That seems to be the hardest part but it will work for you and you will feel terrific!

Maya - Have fun, take care - can't wait to hear your news

Vebevens - Terrific job - especially at the Mexican restaurant! And yes - DH - dear husband!

Flo - Waiting for your good news about onderland

Waving Hi to everyone - have a great day and stay POP (perfect on plan!)
SweetP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 02:54 PM   #92  

OK, ladies. I've been following your discussions from thread to thread for the past few weeks, and I'm finally ready to join you. Actually, I received my MF-ing food a couple of weeks ago but got sick and just couldn't face the thought of feeling blah -and- deprived at the same time! So tomorrow is Day 1 for me.

I have, like many of you, fought myself my whole life over food and my weight. I always seem to do best on programs with a lot of structure, so Medifast seems like a good fit for me on that score. I also have some limiting issues as a result of disability that make it difficult to lose weight without severely restricting calories (hard to do while eating "real" food).

Anyway, thanks to y'all for helping me to get to this point. Your progress (and pitfalls) make me feel much less alone, and I'll be back regularly.

For now, I'm off to fill my ziplocs!
IndyKel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 04:58 PM   #93  

Height: 5'5"

Indykel, welcome. Set up your ticker and add your starting date. You are going to be amazed.

For those wondering: avoid the bars if there is a weight slow down. This is a public service announcement. The bars were fine for me, oh, say fifty pounds ago. But now, they really make a huge difference in the speed of weight loss. Since I plan to be starting maintenance and transition by the end of March or early April at the latest I really want to lose the next 30 pounds quickly. So having spent almost a month using bars has slowed me way down. Of course, some folks may think 2 pounds a week is a respectable rate of loss, and it is. It may have helped me survive the holidays and get over shake boredom to have some good bars for a while. But I want to get the last fat off so that I can start thinking about how to live the rest of my life.
lettingslenderin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 06:04 PM   #94  

S/C/G: 225/205/150

Height: 5"8"

Default Bars

That's interesting about the bars, I did notice they are more calories.
I look forward to those everyday! I will try to go without a couple of days and see if that makes a difference.
Vbevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 06:12 PM   #95  
Master of disaster

S/C/G: 269/ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

Hey hey hey!!!

I FINALLY broke through my stinkin plateau!! Yay! Honestly, I believe with my whole heart that I spiked my metabolism by eating off plan. Anyway, things are good in Michelleville today....

Tomorrow I start working out - just a minimum (10 minutes) and adding 1 minute per day. That way I can get used to getting up early and exercising. I like to exercise, so I'm excited!

http://www.presidentschallenge.org/ Here's a link to the President's Challenge site. You log your workouts and "win" medals through points.

If you don't have a magic bullet, march out and buy one immediately! I promise it is SO worth it.

Hugs to all,
michelle127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 06:48 PM   #96  

Height: 5' 7"

What is magic about the magic bullet? Is it for away from home or do you use it at home? What do those of you who work do at work?

Vbevens, that is great! Any more would be all water.
Welcome Indykel, sorry about the Colts. My brother lives in Indy
Congrats on busting through the plateau Michelle, they are frustrating.
Letting, we ordered a bar for every day. Are they more calories or carbs?
Flo, how exciting! I can't wait for onderland!

Hi to everyone else! So glad you are all here for support!

Our order should be here on friday.

Thanks!
brookelizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 06:51 PM   #97  
Shrinky Dink

S/C/G: 215/157/142

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vbevens View Post
Anyone experience blurred vision? And any other advice to speed the weight loss?
I am 100% on plan. Went out with people to a Mexican restaurant last night, I avoided the chips and salsa, no cheese, no tortillas, just plain shrimp and veggies. That was an achievement for me!
Hi there,
I don't know about the blurred vision. I had a killer headache the first 2 days but I think I would ask your doctor about the blurred vision. Is it getting better?
Congrats on going out to a Mexican restaurant and staying OP!
That would be quite a challenge for me!

Maya: All I can say is

Jen: My weight watchers leader says "It's not failure, it's feedback." So, ya got some feedback. You'll do great this week!

Indykel:
I think you are going to love this program! I find it very easy to follow.

For the first time in a long time I actually looked forward to weighing in at WW. A friend of mine said she couldn't believe I was still paying WW and doing medifast. I told her it's a piece of the puzzle for me. I'm just trying to do what works so I can finally let this weight go! WW provides a lot of emotional support as does this forum! Thank you ladies!

Last edited by Andiemom; 01-13-2008 at 07:10 PM.
Andiemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 07:50 PM   #98  

S/C/G: 233/231/160

Height: 5'6

Congratulation on the weight loss Andrea! Our results are pretty similar even though i am way heavier than you... Hopefully i will reach your current weight in a few weeks
Glad to see we are all doing OK! Welcome to the new girls! We are a very friendly group... Come join our MF family!!!

I am gonna miss Maya...

Let's keep on posting our results... It keeps me motivated!!!

Oh I almost forgot... Today i went shopping at BITTEN, the store from the girl from SEX In the City... Her clothes are great (they go to size 22) and really cheap. They usually are less than $20, but they are having a clearance sale for $8.99 any item (coat, jacket, jeans,dress...) I got one jean, one kaki pants, 4 shirts and a sexy jean jacket for less than $50... And yes, I am now a size smaller... You all should see if you have her store in your area... especially since we are all losing weight so fast and need new clothes all the time!!!
http://www.bittensjp.com

Enjoy!

Florence
Floprieto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 08:27 PM   #99  

Welcome IndyKel - this is a great group and you will do terrific!

Florence - What a great time shopping!!

Michelle - Woo Hoo!!!

Andrea - Sending losing vibes for your weighin - you are doing great!

Hope you are all having a great evening!!

Last edited by SweetP; 01-13-2008 at 08:27 PM.
Old 01-13-2008, 09:49 PM   #100  
Shrinky Dink

Quote:
Congratulation on the weight loss Andrea!
Thanks Florence! You are doing great, too. You inspire me!

Sweet P: Thanks for the good weigh in vibes! It's so much more fun to get on that scale when it's going down!
Old 01-13-2008, 10:40 PM   #101  
Master of disaster

S/C/G: 269/ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone! Thanks for the congrats!

SweetP - my gosh!! You are killing! When did you start? Have you lost it all on MF?

Brooke,
A magic bullet is a blender of sorts. Each individual cup attaches to the chopper thingee so you don't have to wash the whole thing. Everything detaches. Yes, you can bring it to work, but I don't. I mix everything up in the morning and bring it with me to work. I keep everything in my mini fridge. Do you know those plastic containers that fit on a round spinner with the covers? These are PERFECT for shakes and soups. You can find them at Walmart.

As far as the bars go, as long as you're between 80 and 100 carbs you can eat them. My carbs are always below 80, so I don't worry about it. During my plateau, I tried drinking only shakes, upping my calories, lowering calories, etc... I'll consider the bars later on; right now I need them for my sanity! Just my 2 cents...
michelle127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 09:49 AM   #102  

S/C/G: 170/170/140

Well, I guess the four pound gain was a fluke because now I'm down 6 pounds in one week! I think some of it is excess water weight because I've been working out pretty intensly, but I'm so happy and motivated! Thank you for your support...it's great knowing that other people out there are doing this and going through the same thing I am. And...my cravings are completly gone, which is a miracle. I have not had a piece of chocolate in a week, and I don't think I've gone that long without chocolate since I've had teeth! Thanks again!
ShellESQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 02:43 PM   #103  

Michelle - Yes all on Medifast - and I started the day after Thanksgiving ..and still have a long way to go I am still OK with the bars too.

Shell - You are doing great!

Waving Hi to everyone out there and will check back a little later

Last edited by SweetP; 01-14-2008 at 02:44 PM.
Old 01-14-2008, 03:35 PM   #104  
Shrinky Dink

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellESQ View Post
Well, I guess the four pound gain was a fluke because now I'm down 6 pounds in one week!
I am so glad to hear that! I was really discouraged this morning, after my great weigh in yesterday where I was down 5.6 lbs. this morning I was UP 2.5! WTH? How can that be????
I know I should stay off the scale and only weigh in once a week. That's what I should do.
Does anyone know how it can be possible to be totally OP (and exercising too) and have a gain?
My plan is to wait until Saturday before I weigh myself again. By then there had better be a significant drop or I don't know what I'll do!
Sorry to be a bummer...I'm just so frustrated right now.
I really needed to read your post ShellESQ!
Old 01-14-2008, 05:13 PM   #105  
Shrinky Dink

Me again....
I was going to delete my previous post 'cuz I sound like such a whiner! But then I thought, no, I'm going to leave it because there are ups and downs and for me this is a down....hopefully there is an 'up' right around the corner and then I will look back at this and say, "See...hang in there!"
Ramblings from a woman hanging on for dear life!
I am putting my scale in the garage until Friday!
Hope everyone else is having a great day! Thanks for listening.