3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Medifast (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/medifast-223/)
-   -   What's for lean and green? Suggestions. (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/medifast/129994-whats-lean-green-suggestions.html)

Mavesse 01-02-2008 01:21 PM

What's for lean and green? Suggestions.

Hi there!

I thought it might be useful to start a thread for Medifasters to share what we're having for our Lean and Green meals. I know I run out of ideas really quickly!

So here's me:

It's only my second day, but last night I had lean ground beef cooked with garlic and chili powder, over a crisp green salad with salsa-ranch dressing.

Tonight: I'm making pork chops in my slow cooker with sauerkraut (I just basically use it for a marinade; I don't eat the cabbage) and will serve it with steamed broccoli.

What are you all having? :broc:

mpope 01-04-2008 08:31 AM

Todya is my second day also, but I have to say that after reading your ideas, I am really boring. :o

I stick with the Boca/Morningstar burgers and a veggie of some kind.

I think I'll try the lean ground beef idea this weekend.

Thanks.

Floprieto 01-05-2008 12:50 AM

Hey ladies,

I baked tilapia fillets with a lot of different spices on it served with broccolli! Yummi! I think this thread is a great idea! Lets keep on posting!

Florence

magnolia blossom 01-05-2008 10:14 AM

Cabbage Casserole

I found this recipe on the low carb thread and I think it can be tweaked for MF - especially for those who are cooking for their families, also.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/entrees/68087-hearty-beef-cabbage-casserole.html

michelle127 01-05-2008 02:58 PM

Here's a quick and EASY idea. Bake or grill some chicken. Pour Texas Pete (hot sauce) over chicken and shake in Tupperware. (Ya'll know how to shake right?) Throw a salad together and top with Kraft Light Done Right Ranch or Blue Cheese. OMG - yum!!

Floprieto 01-05-2008 08:44 PM

Tonight i made some TUNA PATTIES... It was AMAZING! :o it will definitely be one of my new favorites!!! It is also excellent if you did not eat all your MF meals as you use 1 packet in the preparation!

TUNA PATTIES

7 oz. white chunk tuna packed in water
1 pkt. of MF cream of broccoli (I did not have it so i used cream of chicken)
1 egg white
spices that you like

Mixe everything together and spoon in a skillet that has 1 TBS of olive oil heated. It should make 6/7 small patties. Flip over when one side is browned.

It is so fast and delicious...

u can also eat it with a little bit of ketchup...

Let me know when you try it!

TUNA PATTIES count as 1 MF meal + 1 GL meal

purplepansy912 01-06-2008 06:43 PM

these are great ideas! I have been very boring.. usually when I'm strapped I go to mcdonalds and order a grilled chicken salad.... keep the idea's coming!

magnolia blossom 01-06-2008 10:56 PM

So a grilled chicken salad from McD's is okay? What other fast/food restaurant suggestions do y'all have?

Fabulous50Texas 01-07-2008 08:03 AM

I couldn't set foot in Mcdonalds,,,don't have the will power,
in a real bad pinch, when I have nothing else,
I have fat-free cottage cheese and salad or vegs
Just an idea for a pinch and no cooking!

Mavesse 01-16-2008 11:26 PM

I just bought myself a small-ish bag of frozen jumbo shrimp, all cooked, peeled and de-veined. I figured on days when I don't feel like cooking, I can just thaw them out and plop them on top of a salad. And it would taste like something kind of special.

magnolia blossom 01-17-2008 07:48 PM

That's a good idea, Melissa. I bought some of those packets of tuna and some canned chicken and canned smoked salmon at Sam's today. I don't know about the smoked salmon...I was actually scared to open the can tonight.

Mavesse 01-17-2008 08:07 PM

Are you worried about the salmon in case it's not on the plan?

Vbevens 01-17-2008 08:58 PM

I eat smoked salmon all the time, I hope it is allowed.

Floprieto 01-17-2008 10:43 PM

Hot Wings Salad the MF way

I found another great recipe last night on the mymedifast website and I cannot wait to cook it!

I will paste it for you'll it was created by luckyguy71:

"I haven't missed a lot of foods - but one I really enjoy is BUFFALO WINGS. I discovered a new product put out by Emeril Lagasse. It is called Emeril's WING SAUCE - it looks like tabasco sauce and has 0 calories and 0 carbs per tsp serving. You use it like tabasco.
Here is what I did for my lean and green dinner tonight.

1) Poach a standard boneless/skinless chicken breast until mostly cooked.
2) Slice it - like stips
3) toss it in your teflon frying pan or one with a light spray of PAM just to finish cooking it and brown it a bit - not too much though or it will be dry.
4) add 1-2 tsps of EMERIL'S WING SAUCE and toss. You don't need much! it spreads well.

I then tossed a Romaine Lettuce salad (2 cups) with about a Tablespoon of KRAFT LIGHT DONE RIGHT ROKA BLUE CHEESE DRESSING.

Plate: put the salad on a large dinner plate and create a "hallow" in the center of the salad - then put the chicken breast in the middle. And Enjoy!

It was GREAT! I got all the flavor of Buffalo wings - even the blue cheese dressing and I stayed on the Medifast Plan! AWESOME! If you are a Buffalo Wing Fan - try this recipe.

The only caution I would give is for those on a sodium restricted diet (which I am not) I did notice that the condiments both the wing sauce and the lite Blue cheese salad dressing have a kind of high sodium content - so just read the label first and don't add extra if you don't need it."

I will let you'll know as soon as i try this!:carrot:

OK... I finally tried it and let me tell you... IT IS AMAZING!! I struggled to find the wing sauce (Found it at Albertsons) and it was DELISH!!! I modified it a little bit. I used WF creamy bacon salad dressing (0 cal) so that i can add some real blue cheese (2TBS) and keep about the same number of cal! I will definitely cook this again!!!

magnolia blossom 01-18-2008 08:28 PM

I'm pretty sure it's on plan, (the smoked salmon). I've always liked the smoked salmon with bagels and cream cheese, but this is in a can. I'm just not sure what it's going to be like...